test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playing Without A Mouse

goodwilloutgoodwillout Member Posts: 64
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is this possible in any way? I tend to play on my laptop and used to love Champions Online because the whole thing could be configured in a way that you never needed to use a mouse (the camera was fixed behind your character and you could rotate him or her, rather than strafing). Is there a way to do this or even assign the camera to keys?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by goodwillout on

Comments

• hexemiyatahexemiyata Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump. I would really like the answer to this as well.

I use my wacom tablet for just about everything, but in this game the camera just freaks out. Is there any way to set the camera to automatically face in the direction the character is facing?
  • beaarthurbeaarthur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man, i'd imagine it would be difficult to play without a mouse! I always have to use a wireless usb one with my laptop.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In theory it "could" since you don't actually attack up or down.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yeah you can do this.
    you only want to use a keyboard? or are you open to other peripherals?
    I use a 360 controller to play

just bind forward to W back to S, turn camera left to A "or Q which is what I prefer" and turn camera right to D "or E ;)" of course you wont have elevation unless you bind it to like say... "Q/E, A/D"

but now your talking some weird key bindings lol
    p.s. you need to use a third party program, I like Xpadder for the 360 controller
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • mrhackymrhacky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    problem is neverwinter doesn't have keybinds for 'look left'/'look right'...
  • tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrhacky wrote: »
    problem is neverwinter doesn't have keybinds for 'look left'/'look right'...

You would have to resort to a 3rd party program, or use an XBOX controller like some people do.
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried experimenting with undocumented commands like /turnleft and /lookup, as well as with the MouseKeys accessibility feature in Windows. Unfortunately neither method worked. So it looks like you will either need to get a mouse, or try a controller with a third party interpreter program.
  • majhookmajhook Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes because of my wrist I primarily use a 360 controller. If you use xpadder or other program it provides a very fast setup but I tend not to bind all the possible commands and use mouse keyboard for inventory, mail and such.

Look here for NW keybinds in game for a complete setup:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?51581-Xbox-Controller-Config
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Dont you have that thingy in the middle of your laptop that acts like a mouse when you smear it with your finger?