test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF missing?

grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I just read about the exploit and was wondering is that why I have rarely seen any GWF in the game. I am no Dragon and I see tons of mages and rogues but few GWF.

Is there a reason or am I just oddly missing them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    because CW/TR are currently really OP compared to other melee like GWF or GF.dont get me wrong,GF and GWF are still viable and decent in some case but overall,CW/TR are just way to strong and when some class are OP,everyone want to faceroll everything and go for those class.that why you see CW/TR/cleric everywhere and only a few GWF/GF
  • Options
    diomedes3diomedes3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol you should see us GWFs in pvp. whenever i see a wizard and we're by ourselves i just run the other way. wizards destroy GWFs before we can even get near them. rouges depend on the build. a good rouge can almost one shot me. a terrible rouge i can fight and sometime kill in 1v1.
  • Options
    thetruejackass69thetruejackass69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go watch chainer oneshotting CW/TRs all day long with his GWF permastun spec with insane burst. Literally, if two of his three encounters crit he can kill them in one go. If they don't, there's Crescendo.

Btw, to anyone says that GWF has painful leveling, I've only had some minor issues with high hp mobs at lvls5-10. After that it's on par with most classes (got rogue main) and the class is MUCH better for pulling huge packs with Slam you get rid of them in seconds, and I literally have 50% AP before Slam ends.
  • Options
    atoms1atoms1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its simple GWF got nerfed to much and rogue got busted, so everyone reroll. Now rogue can easy kill GWF under Unstoppable wit 2 crits. Need to sey good work devs to f**k up GWF`s.
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I just read about the exploit and was wondering is that why I have rarely seen any GWF in the game. I am no Dragon and I see tons of mages and rogues but few GWF.

Is there a reason or am I just oddly missing them?

GWF are around but the least played class because of the nerf the developers did in beta two stating they were overpowered. Seems they nerfed them a bit too much as any other class can do their intended aoe role much better than they can.

The aoe pull to gather mobs is really pathetic and weak, more like a gentle invite to one or three mobs within 3 feet of the GWF and the damage buff is a joke. the regular aoe swing that ALL GWF use is decent but only a shadow of what a cleric or Control wizard is capable of in aoe damage. The challenges, marks and debuffs make monster laugh whena great weapon fighter uses them and the GWF take huge damage with the supposed damage mitigation in place without a good healer backing them up.

There are a number of other lack luster skills this class has that are...lackluster. That said it is challenging to play and quite fun to be the underdog and not be able to faceroll everything, though sitting on the second string bench waiting for the coach to call you in can get boring at times.

You wont do aoe damage like a control wizard, you will not control the battlefield with debuffs or buffs, you will not do single target damage like a rogue or control wizard you will not live as long as a guardian nor heal for survival like aguardian. Get used to that second string bench, I have. Note,

I do take second place in damage if the rogue and control wizard do not know what they are doing and I always get most kills unless again the control wizard doesn't know what they are doing. I can stunlock folks in pvp and kill them most times with my rotation if it crits, that is fun but mostly I get torn apart because the debuffs do not affect the players as weak as they are.

Still, its ok to play if you want something different from the op cookie cutter builds. Don't get me wrong I can wade through a lot of mobs too, its just other classes do it better.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any gwf that one-shots someone is probably using gear that was gained through exploits and thus becomes obviously OP that will end the debate right there.

As for ROGUES not "rouge" gawd I don't even why that typo is still alive in 2013, they are owning everything and everyone, they are way above all classes and there's not much we gwf can do against them, it's pretty dumb cause we should totally own them according to the holy trinity, we get own by magic and totally own rogues in all mmo's 'cept this one obvious (warrior always is the number 1 enemy of a rogue).

As for as the other comments, they are right on the dime, this game is crashing down fast, if you do eventually become level 60 you'll find this game to be dead anyway whether you see or don't see gwf like me, albeit I do intend to look for a better game as this one isn't for me with this utterly joke of a balance and exploit galore.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    diomedes3 wrote: »
    lol you should see us GWFs in pvp. whenever i see a wizard and we're by ourselves i just run the other way. wizards destroy GWFs before we can even get near them. rouges depend on the build. a good rouge can almost one shot me. a terrible rouge i can fight and sometime kill in 1v1.

How do you get 1-shotted by a color? Please explain.
  • Options
    grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, thanks for the 411. I will not argue that Rogues and CW are OP. I did a PvP and just died in a pile of goo and beard thanks to them. I am sorry to hear that GWF got nerfed to oblivion. I hope they get better. I play a cleric and I am STILL mad that we got a 40% debuff on healing ourselves. But that is a rant for another post. ;)