test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Very good job with the patching...but

pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
There's still some massive glaring issues that need to be fixed ASAP and I don't know how they haven't.

1. There is still no preview option. Everyone (Except the meat heads that will be going back to WoW anyway) wants it, and we want it soon, not later. (You have now officially made the same mistake guild wars 2 did)

2. Auction house search filters are still utterly broken. Searching by level doesn't work. We still cannot sort by anything (level high to low, price high to low etc) which makes every search a pain in the *** even if we search for one level (If that worked anyway).

Side notes: Thank you for the mail fix, that was going to be on this list ;)

Feel free to add your own. Please refrain from ones that make you look stupid, like "OMG NERF ROGUES" etc.
Post edited by pizzamurai on

Comments

• Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Omg nerf rogues
  • Options
    sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glaring issues? theyv been fixing game breaking exploits and you find trivial things to be important.
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glaring issues? theyv been fixing game breaking exploits and you find trivial things to be important.

I don't find people leveling faster to be a game breaking exploit (The 2 shotting high end bosses obviously was an exploit, and that has been fixed). You do realize there's more than one guy working on this game, yes? It doesn't take 12 monkeys to peel a banana. =)

The average joe playing this game isn't going to know a thing about exploits for the most part, but they will encounter the auction house and various armors and such daily.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What gear preview do you want? Even if there were massively different art for different gear, how it looks doesn't matter one bit only the stats on it does. I'll put my toon in a pink tutu if it's BiS.
  • Options
    tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    There's still some massive glaring issues that need to be fixed ASAP and I don't know how they haven't.
    1. There is still no preview option. Everyone wants it, and we want it soon, not later. (You have now officially made the same mistake guild wars 2 did)
    2. Auction house search filters are still utterly broken. Searching by level doesn't work. We still cannot sort by anything (level high to low, price high to low etc) which makes every search a pain in the *** even if we search for one level (If that worked anyway).

Side notes: Thank you for the mail fix, that was going to be on this list ;)

Feel free to add your own. Please refrain from ones that make you look stupid, like "OMG NERF ROGUES" etc.

1. Seriously? I couldn't give a **** less if preview works or not.

2. I don't know about the filters, but I was definitely able to sort the price high to low and low to high.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    What gear preview do you want? Even if there were massively different art for different gear, how it looks doesn't matter one bit only the stats on it does. I'll put my toon in a pink tutu if it's BiS.
    tek83 wrote: »
    1. Seriously? I couldn't give a **** less if preview works or not.
    Post edited to reflect your 'opinions' =)
  • Options
    tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Nice, resort to name calling.

I would much rather have them work on the current issues and bugs, then to spend time adding a preview feature. I'm sure many would agree with me, too. I wear my gear because of stats, not looks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Haven't played wow in several years. That said what my armor looks like is a non concern. I care about gameplay. I still enjoy old nes games, graphics, art ext are complete non issues.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2. I don't know about the filters, but I was definitely able to sort the price high to low and low to high.

They don't work for me or any of my friends.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »

And I have, in the past, given up stats for appearance. Not everyone has the same opinions. (And, given that the armor models have slight variations all over them, a number of people are probably looking for the "right" combination of all those little parts they build the armor out of. I know that I have started ID'ing and looking at armor in the Change Appearance menu, to see if it'll be a good look for one of my other characters.)

But we do know, from any number of other MMOs (between people wanting "fashion" equipment slots, or Appearance change, or from how much they're willing to spend on "costumes" in cash shops) that a good % of the playerbase does give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about how stuff looks.
  • Options
    sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't find people leveling faster to be a game breaking exploit (The 2 shotting high end bosses obviously was an exploit, and that has been fixed). You do realize there's more than one guy working on this game, yes? It doesn't take 12 monkeys to peel a banana. =)

The average joe playing this game isn't going to know a thing about exploits for the most part, but they will encounter the auction house and various armors and such daily.

It takes almost a week to fix 1 game breaking exploit so who knows, perhaps it does take 12 monkeys to peel a banana.
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all, we very much appreciate your feedback! Just want to let you know that we're always listening/watching (uncreepily) and taking this information into account, to keep making Neverwinter the best MMO out there. Please keep letting us know what you think! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    And I have, in the past, given up stats for appearance. Not everyone has the same opinions. (And, given that the armor models have slight variations all over them, a number of people are probably looking for the "right" combination of all those little parts they build the armor out of. I know that I have started ID'ing and looking at armor in the Change Appearance menu, to see if it'll be a good look for one of my other characters.)

But we do know, from any number of other MMOs (between people wanting "fashion" equipment slots, or Appearance change, or from how much they're willing to spend on "costumes" in cash shops) that a good % of the playerbase does give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about how stuff looks.

There probably are a few people out there that would choose fashion over stats, but to be honest, I wouldn't want to group with those people.

In PvE, I don't care what others are wearing, I'm too busy playing the game to even look. In PvP, you can look as nice as you want, but most players are too busy killing you to even notice. Why should simple aesthetics matter?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »

If you wanted more gear and a preview option for city gear I think it's called in this game. I could understand it. But you're talking about the actual gear. If you want more cosmetics in the game I think that works. Complaining you can't see stat pieces I don't get at all.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would also like a preview gear option.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just want an ETA on the next class. I can survive without everything else, but I wanna know if I should even waste time on my second character if the next class is coming soon
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We have a preview gear option, but it only works on items you have in your inventory. Just use the Change Appearance option. However modifying it so that I can view the gear listed in the Auction House and in chat would be perfect.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nice, resort to name calling.
    If the shoe fits, my dear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    We have a preview gear option, but it only works on items you have in your inventory. Just use the Change Appearance option. However modifying it so that I can view the gear listed in the Auction House and in chat would be perfect.

That would be the point, yes. Change appearance is not a substitute for a preview, as you have to buy the item to see it anyway.
  • Options
    bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Everyone complaining about the developers being "slow" to fix things should shut it unless they've ever worked on a major release as a programmer (I have and do, although not in the game industry). You can definitely suggest fixes and other ideas but don't talk about things you know nothing about.
    Your "auction fix" is not the only thing on their radar and there are generally hundreds of backlog issues that you won't even notice because they were not given time to develop into serious problems.
    Having said that, I do think the priorities for the fixes and some decisions are a bit off...but hey, it's not my project =)
  • Options
    odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all, we very much appreciate your feedback! Just want to let you know that we're always listening/watching (uncreepily) and taking this information into account, to keep making Neverwinter the best MMO out there. Please keep letting us know what you think! :)

then you have much to do... GW2 is pretty much one of the best f2p mmo's out there (even you have to buy the game) but you get sooo much more for the money!

You prices are just horrible (50euro for 2 bags o.O wth? and so on)
    Your restrictions for the "free to play" are unfair (give people direktly AD for the quest and stop restricting the earning of them, let us buy more stuff for money because its useless!)
    Dungeons are atrocious (every boss the same, wave after wave after wave adds... and the agro system is broken so bad)
    Respec for Zen or insane AD amount? Skill descriptions are so bad that you are going to need a respec...
    Fix the bloody server lag! 3 servers arent enough!
    Maintenance every day? What are you doing? I've never seem something like that in ANY mmo o.O

And fix these game breaking bugs and ban these people who abuse them like hell! You can more make more cash shop items after these bugs are solved...
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    best patch ever. still afk groups on pvp .
    lolable
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212