test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endgame

millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Other than the epic dungeons, what does it consist of? I've got a 60 control wizard and it seems like the only options I have are foundry and epic dungeon content. Am I missing something? Once I have a T2 purple item in every slot do I win the game? I didn't power level any content, and I played every quest to 60 that I know exists (minus foundry content) and I'm currently sitting at about 8600 GS and this game has only been out for about a month. I haven't spent any astral diamonds on gear or levelling either. I played the game straight up, the only real advantage being my spider mount and my greycloak weapon that made me overpowered for my first 20 levels. I still havent claimed most of my founder items as my inventory is full of stupid runes, enchantments and potions (ridiculous, but an argument for another day). I also only play about 2 hours a night during weekdays, with maybe 4-6 hours on a weekend unless I got other plans.

I really enjoy playing this game and will likely play each class to 60, but I'd really like to see more content. I played Everquest for about 8 years, and then DDO for about 5 years and both of those have a format where you can continually play one toon. Everquest because everything takes forever and there was an alternate advancement system (basically farm xp to get a small stat bonus), and DDO because you can basically restart at level 1 (true reincarnate) and replay content but with a bonus to some stats. The more you start over, the overall more power your toon has.

Hopefully they implement something like this because that will increase the longevity of this game to an individual player. I really enjoy the idea of always being able to improve my character in some way, even if it takes a while to do so. And before all the "its open beta" people hijack my post, let me just say that there are plenty of people who already beat Castle Never and have farmed everything they can use from epic dungeons. I think that that is a bit fast for any MMO. I'm sure future expansions will provide for more dungeons, and hopefully when those are released, they are ridiculously hard and provide enough content to last until the next expansion. Currently, I think I can pretty much be maxed out in about a month or less and it is doubtful that another expansion will arrive by then. Anyone else in the same boat? If I'm missing out on some content, please let me know.
Post edited by millertime197933 on

Comments

• Options
    millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh, and is there any way they can add like epic skirmishes? There seems to be only one to play at level 60 and quite frankly, it's boring now. I'd do it just for the astral diamond reward.
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    As I understand it, that's it.

I've seen some vague statements of "There's plenty of stuff to do" but never anything beyond that.

Foundry and epic dungeons until they release new content. And seeing as how this is "beta" (I still lol at that) odds are new content won't be along anytime soon.
  • Options
    bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Just sit back and wait for the wipe.

Then you can do it all over again.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the DDO idea of a true reincarnation would be doubly beneficial for NWO because of the fact you have an infinate way to level up with newly created foundry quests and campaigns.

seriously, 15 lives in DDO is almost enough /wrist ...zzz...

foundry pvp maps please!
  • Options
    csuszap87csuszap87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    REALLY TROLL GAME I TESTED IT ARMOR DONT GIVE STATS.

I tested with 1weapon and no armor same damage as 1 weapon with full armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMAGE IS SAME!!!!!!

TY CRYPTIC STUDIOS NICE BETA!!!!! NO STATS FOR EVERYONE Really? This is Alpha TEST??? this is not BETA!!
  • Options
    bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    csuszap87 wrote: »
    REALLY TROLL GAME I TESTED IT ARMOR DONT GIVE STATS.

I tested with 1weapon and no armor same damage as 1 weapon with full armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMAGE IS SAME!!!!!!

TY CRYPTIC STUDIOS NICE BETA!!!!! NO STATS FOR EVERYONE Really? This is Alpha TEST??? this is not BETA!!

Oh lord. Now the endless debate between if this is an open beta or open alpha begins.

heh