test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Party System is broken, core element in any game.

jatilq2jatilq2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You can't party with your friends nor see them on the same map...

Someone disconnects or leaves instance there is no way to replace said player.

Easy to get the money system working, but not something every other game fixed in alpha?

You join a game and ask a friend to play with you, however you find its broken to play together.

I searched this topic and non of the threads have been resolved.
Post edited by jatilq2 on

Comments

• rakim71rakim71 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :( I'm hoping it's an issue that will be fixed in the next patch!
  • bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Broken how? I play just fine with a friend doing all sorts of quests/dungeons ect.....
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You can't party with your friends nor see them on the same map...
    I don't have a problem with this? Make sure you are on the same instance. :)
    This is being looked into. However I believe you may be able to invite players into the dungeon but they would have to manually walk to the entrance. Not sure on that though.
    Easy to get the money system working, but not something every other game fixed in alpha?
    Not sure what you are referring to?
    You join a game and ask a friend to play with you, however you find its broken to play together.
    I have never had this problem before? There are a few quests you can't share but those tend to be travel quests such as go to The Blacklake District. If you are finding things "broken" then please submit bug reports.
    I searched this topic and non of the threads have been resolved.
    This would depend on what you searched up. Fixes to most issues take time. Most things can't be fixed overnight. ;)
    edited May 2013
    I'm the friend we are in the same instance standing in the same spot but we can't see each other. We tried friending/unfriending relogging/zoning.
  • bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    rakim71 wrote: »
    I'm the friend we are in the same instance standing in the same spot but we can't see each other. We tried friending/unfriending relogging/zoning.

First time I hear about this kind of bug. Are you Positive you are on the same instance and hell, SERVER?!
    If yes and you still don't see each other than its a more personal bug i would say....
  • jatilq2jatilq2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can look at Zone Chat or search this forum... I am not the only person having this issue. It took me 15 minutes to group with a friend during first few levels, but have not been able to since. Tried again tonight with another friend and no option.

I have ran into issues where I can not leave a group after a instance. cant search a friend to try and add them.. No option to invite to party with friends on your list. Someone said it works for them... Since it did work once for me, let me say its inconsistent or broken.

The main issues that bother me I have mentioned... A flawed party system that is something you dont expect this far along in a game. I been playing since Everquest.

I do have to laugh at some of these responses.... You SEE your friend on the friends list and sending /Tell(s) to them but you can not invite them. I figured it was a given we are on the same SERVER. Easy to see you are in the same instance because it will say your friend is there (#9) when this started.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I have heard nothing of the matter. (Not that I look at Zone chat anymore :()

I have seen no complaints on the forums and I have not once had a problem creating a party in the game.

As for being unable to find each other, again make sure you are in the same instance. It might be complicated if you have never seen the system before and I'm not sure where the is a guide on the subject but it's really not an issue once you understand how to switch instances.
    Plus once you are in a party you are automatically placed in the same instance when changing zones.

However please report the bugs you find. That's the only way they'll get fixed. If you don't let Cryptic know they exist they won't know to fix them.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the helpful replies all! We will try again later today :)
    edited May 2013
    I hope you can get it sorted out. bluereverend's post deserves some noting too.

Being on different servers is the only reason I know if which would disable to option to join each other's party once you get passed the tutorial. Do make sure you are both playing on the same server.
    (The server is listed under your character name in Character Selection)
  • gothmogigothmogi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22
    edited May 2013
    This is being looked into. However I believe you may be able to invite players into the dungeon but they would have to manually walk to the entrance. Not sure on that though.

If you use the que system and somebody leaves you can't add people becuase it says that you joined using the que system, however, the que system will not add people if you already began the instance, same for pvp. If someone on pvp leaves and match hasnt begun, it will get a replacement it the person gets kicked on a dc or leaves party, if not, good luck on your 4 vs 5.
    I have heard nothing of the matter. (Not that I look at Zone chat anymore )
    I have seen no complaints on the forums and I have not once had a problem creating a party in the game.

I made a post about this problem a couple weeks ago.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double check make sure you are both on the same server. Outside of that, make sure your instances match. I will say one thing, I find it annoying that there is a 2 minute timer whenever you change maps or just after logging in before you can change instances to synch up. I run into that every time I try to play with my wife, but other than that I haven't had any of the issues the OP is referring to.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue system needs work but for the rest of it I'm not sure. I've been playing with my wife and we've had no problems partying up at any point. The instance system feels a little clunky at times but it's never been a problem.
  • delboymc84delboymc84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am having this issue but cannot see any way to resolve it yet. My friend and I are in the same instance and I assume the same server as there is a 1 under the friend filter of the instance window, however, we are unable to see eachother and I cannot locate him via the find person option in the social section. Can someone confirm how to change servers so we are on the same one, and also, how to identify the server. I understand its noted at the character select, however, I dont see anything that specifies "server". Is it the part that states e.g. Beholder?

I also raised a ticket for this issue, however, it is not showing in the my tickets section?
  • majkipmajkip Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    delboymc84 wrote: »
    I too am having this issue but cannot see any way to resolve it yet. My friend and I are in the same instance and I assume the same server as there is a 1 under the friend filter of the instance window, however, we are unable to see eachother and I cannot locate him via the find person option in the social section. Can someone confirm how to change servers so we are on the same one, and also, how to identify the server. I understand its noted at the character select, however, I dont see anything that specifies "server". Is it the part that states e.g. Beholder?

I also raised a ticket for this issue, however, it is not showing in the my tickets section?

I had the same issue.
    You have to choose same server in main character menu. Before you start choosing character, both of you have to choose the same between one of these three Beholder/Mindflyer (or something...)/Dragon. Then, after that you choose same instance number.