test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's your daily rough AD earnings?

diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I figured yesterday that the amount of ADs i refined was pretty low. I'm doing the daily pvp quest, and when i'm lucky i can do the skirmish, although the lvl 60 one is really 30 minutes of tedious and boring gameplay with NPCs i don't enjoy fighting. I'm also doing some caravan guard duty, so I can refine every day around 5k ADs. Which seems pretty low.

I know i can sell stuff, and that's not really the purpose of this topic, it's rather about what people refine if they didn't get the founder or guardian AD bonus.

The other ways to earn ADs look rather limited: most of the foundry missions are trash in neverwinter (which makes me sad, the STO missions are definitely better), even some of the spotlighted ones aren't good at all, and the daily dread vault dungeon takes up to 1h30, with a harder boss than most T1 epic dungeons, with pug teams failing every time i tried. So I don't really see how i could refine more every day, but i'm interested in what you do to earn what you refine, if you want to share this information too. :)
Post edited by diogene0 on

Comments

• Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A high leadership would give you a nice steady income of rough AD.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't answer, it's a trap, OP works for the IRS, and is trying to figure out how much they can tax you for them...

/run away
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    gthsoragthsora Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the first day after I get to level 10 or 20 about 5-10k AD from dailies. At around level 30-40 I can easily get the cap of 24k rough AD a day and some extra from dungeon/skirmishes reward chest.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't farm ADs anywhere near as much as I should, so my daily intake is extremely low. Right now I'm more focused on just having fun & seeing where the game goes ... I can always farm for ADs later, but right now I'm still sort of on the fence as to whether or not I'm even going to keep playing & for how long, so I'm not really into farming things I might not get a chance to use.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About 4K per day :(

That is in AD BTW not $ like some exploiters.......
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm. Haven't run a skirmish in days, only run dungeons periodically on my low-level alts (no way am I pugging Mad Dragon again), and I do Foundry on a couple (don't want to overlevel my "main" who I'm going thru the quest zones with). Oh, and I'm avoiding PvP - don't enjoy it, and I'm bad at it, so I feel bad about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over whichever team I'd end up on with my vast suckage. :D

So, mostly I'm getting daily Invoke and the Protect Caravan as many times as I can manage it on my characters. So..... 4-5k, per character? Sucks that so much of the AD is tied up in queue'd content. Spending 15+ min in queue & 45+ min in a dungeon for 3k is just a lousy return on time. Hopefully, once they get more content in and the economy has settled down (so they can judge it), there'll be more options. (Perhaps I'm spoiled from playing Star Trek. 8k daily dilithium refining limit, but there's at least 16-20k of different things you can do to earn it.)

edit: over the double-AD weekend, between my six characters, I managed to rack up about 200k total. But that was both doubled, and I was pushing AD-earning harder because it was doubled.
  • Options
    chronin78chronin78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would say 3-4k per day on average. Leadership: protect the caravan with 2 slots dedicated to it as many times as I can in a day so it varies. Then praying and daily foundry. Sometimes a skirmish but not often.
  • Options
    millacanomillacano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    too low i would say

considering i dont have the spare cash to buy zen due to actually having bills and such it is quite annoying .

i am constantly running out of bag space picking up junk and would love the funds to buy a bag on the AH which you can only buy with Zen or try to save up the 260.000 AD on the AH.

considering there are 4 daily's roughtly 4k AD out of that and my leadership is still quite low so getting 200 rough ad every 2 hours from that this game being the FTP model it is .. is restricting alot with actual bag space .

also most of the good stuff on AH costs over 100,000 AD and thats a whole lot of grinding
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • Options
    steviergstevierg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    millacano wrote: »
    also most of the good stuff on AH costs over 100,000 AD and thats a whole lot of grinding

Eventually though you'll get some good stuff to sell yourself and start earning AD from the AH. As more AD comes into the market, more items will be sold and now AD people have to buy other stuff they want.
  • Options
    lotsofletterslotsofletters Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only rough AD I get is from praying and the pvp quest. I do make around 200k(total) selling pvp items in the auction house, though the prices are constantly dropping.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1-2 mil depending on the weather .
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thousands per day? I dunno, at least 10-20k per day, mostly from leadership & prayer & a few daily quests. I have 4 characters and try to keep all 4 praying & crafting hourly even if not "playing' the game, though. I need to get #5 going....

does not include item sales, but I am not yet 60 either so that is just the fairly rare blue item.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stevierg wrote: »
    Eventually though you'll get some good stuff to sell yourself and start earning AD from the AH. As more AD comes into the market...

Of course, once they're done selling founder packs, the only AD "coming into the market" will be the stuff everyone's refining each day. Countered by AH transaction fees, feat respecs, gear appearance changes, ID scrolls, and anything else people buy from vendors. It'll take a few months to shake out and come to some sort of equilibrium, at which point Cryptic can look at the whole system and judge if any adjustments need to be made (either to AD creation, or AD sinks).
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Of course, once they're done selling founder packs, the only AD "coming into the market" will be the stuff everyone's refining each day. Countered by AH transaction fees, feat respecs, gear appearance changes, ID scrolls, and anything else people buy from vendors. It'll take a few months to shake out and come to some sort of equilibrium, at which point Cryptic can look at the whole system and judge if any adjustments need to be made (either to AD creation, or AD sinks).

I found a suit of plate for my guardian I enjoy the look of, and wanted to keep that look when I upgraded. I thought "hey, I can swap appearances, that'll work". Went to the tab to try it, and it was something like 15,000 AD. Bear in mind that at 36th I only HAVE about 15k. I just stared at the screen for a moment then sighed and equipped my old armor that I liked the look of better, even if it meant sacrificing a few stats.

Since I don't farm dungeons for gear, my AD income is limited to invocation (about 500 a day) and doing a dungeon/skirmish for a couple thousand. It'd take me 4-5 days to grind out the AD needed to swap my armor appearance. And by that point I'll be several levels higher, and the cost will have gone up...
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well before the market on a few items crashed I made about 2 million in a week. Now I'm making like 20k a day (with the occasional spike).
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »

This is simply not true. AD still coming into the market will include idol turn ins from Nightmare boxes. Granted, one has to spend Zen to obtain keys but it will still happen
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, if youre a pretty elf girl, i know how you can make a few bucks more...
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am currently bringing in between 62,400 AD - 124,800 AD per day by using the method described in my post entitled "So you want to be rich in neverwinter?" here in the forums. Since conception of the idea I have collected roughly 3 million AD, which has been spent on character slot unlocks, enchanted keys (guilty! lol) and the occasional splurge item (i.e. something pretty for a friend). With 13 character slots currently available and my daily AD intake increasing (Cannot WAIT until next 2x AD WEEKEND!!!) with each character, I am well on my way to Billionaire status in-game without EVER cheating, exploiting, or utilizing the game in any way other than LEGIT! I only share the idea and tolerate the occasional jerkface responses due to the sheer number of ILLEGAL/HORRIBLE/NO-GOOD/VERY BAD exploits /cheats out there that remain unfixed to THIS MINUTE, and I would prefer to have others be self sufficient with in-game currencies without having to resort to paying out of pocket or cheating. THAT BEING SAID, I did pay for the 60$ founder pack prior to playing a single second of this game out of my sheer fanboyosity for all things D&D. Since playing Neverwinter, I have spent another 20-30$ of Zen purchases for OTHERS as a means of supporting the game, developers, and friends. Thanks for reading
    So says the wise old herbtrader.