Options

Master Assassin VS Sinister set.

byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Master Asassin:
rbNjyQs.png

Sinister:
jAy9hpb.png

Only from reading those tooltips i imagine Sinister would have close to 100% uptime with 50% crit chance, which makes me like this set better.

As for the Master Assassin, considering we have the slowest AC gain, i feel like its not worth it, but seeing that our highest burst comes from using Lurkers Assault, this could be worth it since everytime you use your LA you will have 1350 additional Power for its duration.

Which would you recommend? thanks.
Post edited by byonah on

Comments

• Options
    tgnalfentgnalfen Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    USE BOTH!

Seriously 2x the 2 piece set bonus > than those 4 piece set bonus
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tgnalfen wrote: »
    USE BOTH!

Seriously 2x the 2 piece set bonus > than those 4 piece set bonus

If what i am expecting with sinister, which is close to 100% uptime, then 1013 Recovery > 450 Power. Anybody tried it can confirm?
  • Options
    dagurasudagurasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sinister appears that it would be better for longer boss fights, 1000 Recovery is 10% cdr. Over the course of say..the last boss in Castle Never, I'm sure being able to use your encounters 10% more often would trump whatever damage bonus you get from the Power on the MA set.

Master Assassin would most definitely trump it in a shorter fight though, or in pvp.
  • Options
    zamogeontezamogeonte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't forget about the 3rd set: http://i.imgur.com/MU5m9Kl.jpg
  • Options
    dagurasudagurasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Swashbuckling is definitely the best if the 25% is even at all reliable with the short CD on Wicked Reminder. Does anyone have the set that can shed some light on the up time of that proc?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I did not include the third set due to how bad in my opinion it is. The buff lasts 6 seconds, the lowest encounter we have (Wicked Reminder) is at around 3.5s or so for me, meaning you will only get one before the buff is gone, let alone the 25% chance, you can almost forget stacking the buff to more than 1 stack and forget even keeping that 1 stack long enough for it to be useful.

While sinister on the other hand looks like it would be almost 100% uptime, huge difference.

This is all speculation based on what im reading i haven't tested any of them though.
  • Options
    killaproiamkillaproiam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Duelest Flurry procs the Swashbuckling set just so u know. so its the best set to use right now. Tested it on my rogue
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Duelest Flurry procs the Swashbuckling set just so u know. so its the best set to use right now. Tested it on my rogue

Oh? i thought Powers stood for Encounters, not At-Wills. You are right if DF procs it then that is easily the best, but i dont think that is working as intended, do you?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That sounds like a bug, but if working as intended... I really need to get the swashbuckling set even faster now. Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You realize Powers are any skill you have right? It's what the game calls your skills. Dailies, encounters, at wills; all of these are powers. I was curious if swashbuckling was proccing on duelist's flurry though, as the master duelist 4 piece is broken and does not.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dagurasu wrote: »
    Sinister appears that it would be better for longer boss fights, 1000 Recovery is 10% cdr. Over the course of say..the last boss in Castle Never, I'm sure being able to use your encounters 10% more often would trump whatever damage bonus you get from the Power on the MA set.

Master Assassin would most definitely trump it in a shorter fight though, or in pvp.

Recovery also increases ap gen.
  • Options
    rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    i've been trying to get my swashbuckling helm for a few days now, its prooving tough. i have the other 3 pieces but dont want to pay 10+mill for the helm off ah lol.

i already had both the other sets and dropped them when i saw swashbuckling. it wins hands down currently.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    solsol1337 wrote: »
    You realize Powers are any skill you have right? It's what the game calls your skills. Dailies, encounters, at wills; all of these are powers. I was curious if swashbuckling was proccing on duelist's flurry though, as the master duelist 4 piece is broken and does not.

Did not know that, alright then Swashbuckling it is! hope you guys are right and i dont waste all my AD and time xD
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rayuki666 wrote: »
    i've been trying to get my swashbuckling helm for a few days now, its prooving tough. i have the other 3 pieces but dont want to pay 10+mill for the helm off ah lol.

i already had both the other sets and dropped them when i saw swashbuckling. it wins hands down currently.

Curious, I got my first piece in Temple of the spider. Is it only acquirable from this dungeon or can you get it from any t2? Also only during DD or can you get it from the final boss drop?
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    Curious, I got my first piece in Temple of the spider. Is it only acquirable from this dungeon or can you get it from any t2? Also only during DD or can you get it from the final boss drop?

You can get it from final boss drops too.

Spider would drop Chest.

Frozen drops boots.

Plague or w/e drops helm.

You can see what they drop before you enter just read the tooltip of dungeon.
  • Options
    rupindat3rdrupindat3rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    byonah wrote: »
    I did not include the third set due to how bad in my opinion it is. The buff lasts 6 seconds, the lowest encounter we have (Wicked Reminder) is at around 3.5s or so for me, meaning you will only get one before the buff is gone, let alone the 25% chance, you can almost forget stacking the buff to more than 1 stack and forget even keeping that 1 stack long enough for it to be useful.

While sinister on the other hand looks like it would be almost 100% uptime, huge difference.

This is all speculation based on what im reading i haven't tested any of them though.

pls go test yourself b4 posting such a statement, from my own experience Swashbuckling is hands down the best t2 set for TR, by using Flurry and COS im pretty much able to maintain 3*stack of bonus through normal t2 run the whole time which means getting 338*3= 1014 (2028 total stats buffed) power and recovery increased, with this set my overall dps greatly improved (6200power 3000 recovery post buff).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pls go test yourself b4 posting such a statement

Did you read the original post? this thread was created to ask people of their opinion so i could learn from it because i do not want to buy the wrong set.

People convinced me Swashbuckling is good now that i learned it procs from At-Wills. I did not make any statement.

If i was to test before asking then why would i ask? lol.
  • Options
    idrisidris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like master duelist probably be better than any tier 2 set simply because it's every 4th at will, with duelist flurry, it's 7-8 hit combo, that's -2 seconds off your encounter every 4 seconds..

the problem is Master Duelist's set bonus doesn't seem to work with duelist's flurry, not sure if it's a bug or not, but it works with every other at will except duelist's flurry.

I test out the set bonus, even without using duelist's flurry just the basic at will, you can keep yourself in stealth permanently as long as you have the 2 stealth encounter skills that recharge your stealth bar.
  • Options
    divastationdivastation Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Swashbuckling is def the best T2 set. It's pretty much the same as the other two pieces 4pc bonus, except that it's always on. XD
  • Options
    koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    byonah wrote: »
    Master Asassin:
    rbNjyQs.png

Sinister:
    jAy9hpb.png

Only from reading those tooltips i imagine Sinister would have close to 100% uptime with 50% crit chance, which makes me like this set better.

As for the Master Assassin, considering we have the slowest AC gain, i feel like its not worth it, but seeing that our highest burst comes from using Lurkers Assault, this could be worth it since everytime you use your LA you will have 1350 additional Power for its duration.

Which would you recommend? thanks.

Master assassin - Scoundrel: as a scoundrel this set will benifit you the most. you gain AP fast and will get the most use out of this set.

Sinister - Executioner: As an Executioner this set will be the best for you. your slow AP gain and high crit chance will make this set your best option.