test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Desperately Needs A SEA Server.

jazeonjazeon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm not exactly sure how much Ping I got in-game, but timing and dodging attacks are so difficult due to delays. I'm From SEA residing in the Philippines. Will PWE someday be having a NW server that caters people from SEA?
Post edited by jazeon on

Comments

• acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    I'm in Singapore, first of all - so bear that in mind when you read my reply. I have the same lag as you do. With that said, we're very unlikely to get any regional servers. Why?

1. The game is intended to have a single global server cluster, not separate servers. Yes, we have Mindflayer, Dragon and Beholder right now. That's a temporary launch thing, to manage load and queues. At some future date, the three servers will be merged into a single game world. So that means no regional separation.

2. Champions Online and Star Trek Online operate on the single server model - and the server cluster is in the United States. Remember, this isn't Cryptic's first game. And Cryptic has NEVER done separate regional servers. Maybe under Perfect World's management they might think about it, because Perfect World's an American subsidiary of a China company...so they probably care at least a little about the global market.

But there's been no official confirmation, at all, not even any real discussion of regional servers. The EU people have been yelling about regional servers for ages now. All I've seen is rumours and wishful thinking, no concrete evidence that Cryptic or Perfect World's even thinking about this.

I could be wrong. I would appreciate being wrong, actually. I want someone to prove me wrong. But that's the situation as I know it.

Finally, one more thing:

3. Even if we get regional servers, they may not help. The last major triple-A MMO I played with regional servers was Star Wars: The Old Republic. SWTOR set up SEA/Oceania servers. Good, right? No, because they put the servers in Australia. Asian players have worse lag connecting to Australia than to the US.

So what can you do?

Well, the lag we're experiencing is partially related to high ping, latency, sure - that's not going to change. Playing from Asia, we'll always be looking at that. But it's hard to tell how much of it is that and how much of it is the heavy loads the servers are experiencing right now, in general. It could improve.

But maybe it won't. In that case, you either need to make the decision to stop playing the game - which is a fair decision. Or you can bite the bullet and adapt your playstyle to the reality of lag. That's what I do. That's why I'm mainly playing Guardian Fighter and Control Wizard now, not...say, Trickster Rogue.
  • chardzkichardzki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jazeon wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure how much Ping I got in-game, but timing and dodging attacks are so difficult due to delays. I'm From SEA residing in the Philippines. Will PWE someday be having a NW server that caters people from SEA?

im from the Philippines and i don't experience any lag. maybe you or someone else in your network is also downloading / streaming videos.

my ISP is PLDT, 1299 bundle.
  • dots06dots06 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also from Philippines and I don't experience lag except in the city because it is too crowded for my pc specs LOL. Outside maps, dungeons, skirmish, pvp and foundry maps are all good to me.

I'm from down south in Mindanao, Iligan City. My ISP is Globelines with 1299 bundle as well.
  • chardzkichardzki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey dots, are you in a guild and are there other pinoys? im in a guild but i just see 2-3 guildmates when im online.