test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this an exploit?

smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I guess I shouldn't go into too much detail, but it's very simple. Someone said this is an exploit, I don't see it so I am asking for official clarification. So.... there's a way to access the auction from anywhere. Very easy, just a couple of button presses. Now there are actual buttons for anywhere access to the diamond vendor, invocation coin exchange, zen market, currency exchange, and Rhix so I figured this was just another easy access. The buttons for this aren't exactly labeled and direct as the others so I can see maybe it is unintentional but it would be a super easy fix, just remove that last set of buttons that grants the access. Anyway I've been doing it all the time and even mentioned it to my guildies so I need to know if it is ok or not, thanks...
Post edited by smkymtndude on

Comments

• Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not an exploit mate you can buy stuff from AH from any part of the zone (Auction Gear thingy) BUT you have to go into town to pick it up via mailbox :)
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The very point that there's a clickable button by design pretty much indicates that it's not an exploit. Otherwise the button wouldn't even exist and you'd be forced to only access it by talking to the auctioneer.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    It's a game feature... you can shop anywhere in the game world. But like the above poster said you can only pick up your purchases in the one mail box in all of Faerun.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's totally ok to do what you are doing. Even if it was an exploit I wouldn't worry Craptic and PWE don't care.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No something that easy is not an exploit, what should raise your eyebrow is things like, ok equip this, jump off this hill, get attacked by this specific mob, dont kill it, run away, stand at a campfire 3 minutes, now go 1 shot everything (I am making this up btw but its a good example if you have to jump through crazy hoops like that its probably not legit)
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The very point that there's a clickable button by design pretty much indicates that it's not an exploit. Otherwise the button wouldn't even exist and you'd be forced to only access it by talking to the auctioneer.

Just like if a players weren't supposed to equip the Valiant set and one hit kill everything, it wouldn't be in the game, right?
  • Options
    vweegitvweegit Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone needs to exploit me up a courier companion.

In any event, what you're doing is not an exploit - and whomever told you it was should probably remove themselves from the gene pool.
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just like if a players weren't supposed to equip the Valiant set and one hit kill everything, it wouldn't be in the game, right?

That's completely different. The AH button was intentionally put in game to be used. In your example, the Valiant set too was put in game to be used, but it's working incorrectly under certain conditions. Wearing/using the Valiant set isn't an exploit of itself, but intentionally placing yourself into a certain condition to break the mechanic is.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not an exploit. You can also use the web gateway to access the Auction House. The limitation is that you still must go to the postal carrier to claim anything.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it an exploit to make use of mob silly AI? like getting them to run to into spots that will damage them......... I don't if im giving too much away, but I just love the animation of when stuff is on fire.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is it an exploit to make use of mob silly AI? like getting them to run to into spots that will damage them......... I don't if im giving too much away, but I just love the animation of when stuff is on fire.

That's not an exploit. It's utilizing the surrounding environment strategically. This has been done in every MMO ever to exist.

Just like training mobs back across traps that have been laid out, and the group decides not to disarm them so they can do it.
  • Options
    morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you use the surrounding environment in such a way that you can damage the mob at no risk to yourself (i.e., the mob gets stuck in the terrain or can't get to you) most mmo's consider that an exploit - I saw a comment from an admin a couple of days ago to the effect that this logic applies in NWO.

Training things into fire or traps is perfectly legitimate.
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's not an exploit. It's utilizing the surrounding environment strategically. This has been done in every MMO ever to exist.

Just like training mobs back across traps that have been laid out, and the group decides not to disarm them so they can do it.

Phew ok I feel better but I cant help it I love that arggggg im on fire animation, and also pulling spiders through those spinning blade traps that look like skill saws. I can kill the mobs myself and prob faster too I just love the effects lol.