test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

spamming LFG AFK PVP in PE

j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i hope i got all my acronyms right...

onto topic; LOL WHAT? you can't PVP while you AFK, that's counter the definition of 'PVP' It should be 'LFG group glory farming' tbh
4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
Post edited by j0mberwaki on

Comments

• Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First report them for spam and or /ignore them to give them a 24 hour chat ban.

Second go ahead and report them if you want. It appears to be a popular exploit. The thing to remember about Cryptic is that once they fix an exploit they usually come down with a ban hammer against any accounts that they feel engaged in it while it was available to partake in. Sometimes a bit aggressively. And it can take them months to fix an exploit though sometimes it can be faster. I suspect it has to do with what is needed to do that fix.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Got'cha. Exploits, ftw. :\
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea I just posted about this hopefully a admin will fix it soon. Its so blatant all a admin needs to do is log on to the game to see there is a issue.
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It appears to be a popular exploit. ... exploit..... .... exploit .....

29463206.jpg
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea I just posted about this hopefully a admin will fix it soon.

The usual reason for a delay on fixing something like this is that all the simple solutions usually also massively hurt people who aren't exploiting. The general goal when fixing an exploit is to target as closely just the exploit. It doesn't always work out that way but generally devs do try to only hit the problem. ::Shrug::

The fact that I've seen it mentioned multiple times over and over on the forums likely means a fix will be pushed out sooner rather than later but that might not be happy for the rest of us. ::sigh:: As the fix they have at that point may be a little broad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bzzzd wrote: »
    29463206.jpg

Well, I don't think the admin's intended for people to AFK farm points... But, it isn't making use of bugs/game problems
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    j0mberwaki wrote: »
    Well, I don't think the admin's intended for people to AFK farm points... But, it isn't making use of bugs/game problems

of course they didn't intend it, but they should have foreseen it. it's not cryptic's first mmo and not the first mmo with that kind of problems. and consider all that ****e that screws players over (bugged queues, bugged instances, bugged rewards), they absolutely frigging deserve this mess.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So basically, people are going to use the system in a manner that makes other people complain... and then, get glory nerfed somehow. Seems legit.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So basically, people are going to use the system in a manner that makes other people complain... and then, get glory nerfed somehow. Seems legit.

Yep. I fully expect to face a much longer Glory 'grind' when I finally hit 60.
  • Options
    nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    would love to see these afker parties getting against each other.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like players should stop farming stuff while AFK. It's dumb.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    should delevel all PVP farm grinders to 0 glory and revoke their PVP items. Cheaters are bad. inb4 'WELL HOW DOES THIS AFFECT UR GAMEPLAY CUZ ITS NOT U WHO R GETTING IT' scrubs.
  • Options
    kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Yep. I fully expect to face a much longer Glory 'grind' when I finally hit 60.

i wouldnt be suprised if they made gear from the glory vendor to not be able to trade it also. Which really i know there isnt anything to do with your extra glory after you have a full set but being able to buy gear then sell on the auction just gives another reason to farm glory.
  • Options
    mofugli1mofugli1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    should delevel all PVP farm grinders to 0 glory and revoke their PVP items. Cheaters are bad. inb4 'WELL HOW DOES THIS AFFECT UR GAMEPLAY CUZ ITS NOT U WHO R GETTING IT' scrubs.

Foundry exploiters, PvP exploiters, take their gear, glory, diamonds and de-level them to level 5
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mofugli1 wrote: »
    Foundry exploiters, PvP exploiters, take their gear, glory, diamonds and de-level them to level 5

+1. Nerf the exploiters.
  • Options
    kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I like how you made your statement then rebutted it yourself, i am guessing that you know that is an idiotic statement to make in the first place and is why you did.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I like how you made your statement then rebutted it yourself, i am guessing that you know that is an idiotic statement to make in the first place and is why you did.

Actually, I was saying 'nerf cheaters' and then went on to say in before posts relative to 'This doesn't affect your gameplay so why u so mad about it'. It's kind've like anticipating counter opinions and using a deflection shield to ward them off temporarily, friend.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they did nothing to those people that used the foundry to hit Lv60. they wont do anything to the PvPers afking for glory.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    they did nothing to those people that used the foundry to hit Lv60. they wont do anything to the PvPers afking for glory.

Two different problems, one effects only the person doing it, the other effects everyone in the queue. Hit the afker's hard, the foundry exp'ers honestly I couldn't care less about.
  • Options
    santos1978santos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem isn't the AFK glory and getting gear, without exploiting you can get all the pvp pieces within a week or less if your in a pvp guild. Esp if your guildies that already got all their stuff help you by spending their glory on you. My guildies are willing to help each other to that respect, but afk grinders aren't doing it for gear. Lets be real, these people that are afking are not only hurting everyone from getting the true pvp experience but are going to be killing the economy. If they want to fix or stop people from PVP afking they need to make all pvp gear BoP and that includes the Companion sword. That will stop the farmers from exploiting.
    elbansiggy_zps80b97275.png

HONOR - ABOVE - ALL - ELSE

VICE LORD
    KILLER BEE SANTOS