test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't send ingame mail with a foreign keyboard

x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Well I use the english client but with a german keyboard.

Now my problem is I can't send ingame mail because the "@" sign is for german keyboard alt+q.
The bug is if I press "Alt" or "Alt Gr" the client closes the mail window!

Workaround for me was to copy&paste the "@" with strg+v into the ingame mail window.......
Post edited by x0y1 on

Comments

• tejctejc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think its mostly with all Central/Easter European keyboard. Cant use @ because ALT-GR acts like left alt ingame.
  • shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just ctrl+c(copy) this letter and ctrl+v(paste) it to ingame. It's a bug for sure but you can easily overcome it.
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!
  • tejctejc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should fix keyboard layouts for non-us keyboards :P But I do it with copy/paste for now.
  • nocty666nocty666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easy solution. Go in Neverwinter Keybind and where you see Toogle cursor mode : left ALT

Just rebind it again to left ALT . your alt gr will be free.
    "remember...only death is real..."
  • toolkit68toolkit68 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shgth wrote: »
    Just ctrl+c(copy) this letter and ctrl+v(paste) it to ingame. It's a bug for sure but you can easily overcome it.

This is still not accaptable. Overcoming things with workarounds is ok for a limited time - but being an international game it should basically support standard features of common languages. Let me explain why i rant a bit : every char is a part of a handle which is adressed by the @ - so its not only in mails the trouble occurs but also in chats, when searching for party and/or guild members etc. Every char is centered around a combination of char name @ handle - this makes the basic game exprience a real mess for everyone not on a native english keyboard.

There are simple ways to fix it - wether by actually changing focus when typing in text boxes or even better - changing the alt functionality to be on the ctrl key as that is actually not used in any typing. I am working on both german and danish keyboards and its very annoying and making a casual game experience a technical issue every time.
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alt+64 may work.

Note: have to type 64 with the numpad. http://www.alt-codes.net/
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
    edited May 2013
    nocty666 wrote: »
    Easy solution. Go in Neverwinter Keybind and where you see Toogle cursor mode : left ALT

Oh, that's pretty nice. Thanks a lot!
  • toolkit68toolkit68 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nocty666 wrote: »

Have to admit this is the right way to do it - nice tip. Very confusing that it says alt-key but in keybind it actually is special keys.