test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Purple People assets are not affecting times right in crafting

speedstersonicspeedstersonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The purple ones that give 50% are not affecting times right. The blues seem a little off too. I understand that if you use more than one like 4 blues it does 25% then 25% of that then 25% of that and so on, but with just one purple it should be 50%. Well with an 8 hour crafting thing it should go to 4 hours right? Nope a purple only brings it down to 5 hours and 20 min.

So these need to be fixed please! Cause it's taking way longer to get the last two levels of crafting than it should. :(

Also with one blue I know for a 20 min craft only goes to 16 min instead of 15.

Also this is mailsmithing if that makes a difference.
Post edited by speedstersonic on

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The purple ones that give 50% are not affecting times right. The blues seem a little off too. I understand that if you use more than one like 4 blues it does 25% then 25% of that then 25% of that and so on, but with just one purple it should be 50%. Well with an 8 hour crafting thing it should go to 4 hours right? Nope a purple only brings it down to 5 hours and 20 min..

Wrong.

8 hours / (100% + 50% bonus) = 8 hours / 1.5 = 5.33333 hours = 5 hours and 20 minutes.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Professions#Bonus_to_speed
  • Options
    speedstersonicspeedstersonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Wrong.

8 hours / (100% + 50% bonus) = 8 hours / 1.5 = 5.33333 hours = 5 hours and 20 minutes.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Professions#Bonus_to_speed
    that makes no sense
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    that makes no sense

That makes all sense you need.

Same for 20 minutes task with blue (25%) asset. 20/1.25 = 16
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    8 times 150% is 12, the difference of that is 4, so why would it not be 4 hours if you do it 150% faster? I don't understand why it would be dividing by 1.5 to do something 150% faster instead of multiplying by .5

Like I said I thought things had diminishing returns like after you apply the first guy the next one subtracts the percentage of that time then. This system you described makes no sense.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about this way...

You're traveling 60 miles at 60 miles/hour, it takes you 1 hour.
    You increase your speed 50%
    You're now traveling 90 miles/hour - do you really think it's only gonna take 30 minutes?!?

How about some simple algebra...

X = 8 hours
    1.5X = 8 hours
    1.5X/1.5 = 8/1.5 hours
    X = 5.33 hours
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    How about this way...

You're traveling 60 miles at 60 miles/hour, it takes you 1 hour.
    You increase your speed 50%
    You're now traveling 90 miles/hour - do you really think it's only gonna take 30 minutes?!?

How about some simple algebra...

X = 8 hours
    1.5X = 8 hours
    1.5X/1.5 = 8/1.5 hours
    X = 5.33 hours

Yes this makes sense. It's just at first glance you would think flat reduction. To me, I see that 50% and I immediately multiply the 8 by .5
  • Options
    sanshibbiksanshibbik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes this makes sense. It's just at first glance you would think flat reduction. To me, I see that 50% and I immediately multiply the 8 by .5

But.... math....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sanshibbik wrote: »
    But.... math....

Yep I understand what's going on now.