test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

massive lag on Dragon

shuzoxxshuzoxx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hi,

I'm EU and I'm playing on Dragon and since yesterday I'm experiencing a lot lag and rubber-banding.I checked my ping in-game and it shows that I'm playing under 250 ping while my real ping is 20-30.

Is anybody else having that issue or is it just me?
Post edited by shuzoxx on

Comments

• Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Same here, but i am lagging since last "network maintenance" :/
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    shuzoxxshuzoxx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The shard is under maintenance now, hope they fix it.
  • Options
    winddancer42winddancer42 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Had the same problem when I logged in a couple of hours ago. I couldn't do anything bc the lag!
  • Options
    sotsotzaiisotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Yup, I guess everyone is lagging as well, I'm jumping back to my walked places, kinda pulling me back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent
  • Options
    rakannittinrakannittin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually had a slightly different problem. Rather than lag my character felt like I was running in jelly, so everything happened really slowly, then it 'pinged' and i was rubber banding. This was fixed by checking for updated drivers for my graphics card. Once I had done that, and done a power cycle, all good again.
  • Options
    scarfsamuraiscarfsamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is not only Dragon, I have a lot of rubber banding and higher ping than before in Mindlflayer as well.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make sure you are in lower-populated instances by using the blue instance transfer icon in the upper-right corner of your mini-map or from the larger map. Also check your Neverwinter > Live > Logs > GameClient folder to see if any of the log files are getting huge.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can I delete these logs?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They should re-make themselves. Feel free to just open them with notepad or something and delete all the text inside if you don't want to take a chance.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which one of the shards are on the East Coast?
    I have a habit of not getting into West Coast servers cause then my latency increases in the most ridiculous way.

I have to respec my cleric anyway so I might aswell start over and do some foundry dailies at lower level to gain more AD =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    They should re-make themselves. Feel free to just open them with notepad or something and delete all the text inside if you don't want to take a chance.

I deleted them. One of the logs was over 50mb big, not sure if it'll help but I'll try.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Which one of the shards are on the East Coast?
    I have a habit of not getting into West Coast servers cause then my latency increases in the most ridiculous way.

I have to respec my cleric anyway so I might aswell start over and do some foundry dailies at lower level to gain more AD =3

All the shards are in the same location for the most part and should be getting merged sometime near the end of open beta.