test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Afk Is a Joke!!!

spudman84spudman84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Trying to get some glory in to earn some gear and i get teamed up with these muppets.. 4 afkers.... the Enemy team had 2 leavers would of been a easy game if i have a team that would of helped. Atleast i can say i tried!
As there is no way or reporting these clowns here is a screen shot to name and shame!!!! Please do something about this big issue, people like this are ruin it for those of us who want to play the game properly.
neverwinterpvpafk.png
Post edited by spudman84 on

Comments

• massytalkmassytalk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reminds me of Star Wars Galaxies PvP afkers... They eventually made bot programs to make their toon move a few inches every couple of seconds in a random direction... I can't begin to imagine how you would even fix that... Maybe set a limit of 30 minute wait time if you are booted for afk in a PvP session = That sounds fair.
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Simple solution, all rewards based on end score. Nothing on 0 score, little bit with 1000 score, scaling to about 3000 which would give top rewards. At least we would get bots who race objects. I could live with that. And daily AD only for winning team. Maybe steady points gain for everyone when cap points are running to your team, so winning team would get that 1000 points granted?
  • guerrillafaceguerrillaface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A vote kick and an afk flag should be implemented so people can be put out in more than one way in order to help prevent bots. AFK in pvp just ruins the experience. 60-45 seconds of non movement is more than enough time to determine afk in these quick pvp matches. And vote kick just in case they are simi afk or using a bot program.
  • rustytomirustytomi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just saw this in the city zone chat:

"LF PPL FOR AFK PvP LEVELING 51-60"

The state of the game in this area is pathetic.
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the general direction the game is going at is a joke.
    xratas wrote: »
    Simple solution, all rewards based on end score. Nothing on 0 score, little bit with 1000 score, scaling to about 3000 which would give top rewards. At least we would get bots who race objects. I could live with that. And daily AD only for winning team. Maybe steady points gain for everyone when cap points are running to your team, so winning team would get that 1000 points granted?

Something like that. 0.5 glory per score, 2x multiplier for winning team, totaling in 1k glory per win.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont agree with afk pvp but just to point out even though you lost you got the same amount of glory and everything as if you won..... just saying
  • sotsotzaiisotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure they are aware of it and will fix it asap. You don't have to make a big fuss about it, calm it.

And no, you don't, when you lose, you gain 350 glory , when you win, you gain 750, there's a huge gap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent
  • thelgowthelgow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    sotsotzaii wrote: »
    I'm sure they are aware of it and will fix it asap. You don't have to make a big fuss about it, calm it.

And no, you don't, when you lose, you gain 350 glory , when you win, you gain 750, there's a huge gap.
    So 750, if you win and probably take 15-20 mins.
    Or lose in 5 mins for 350. do that 3x in the time of 1 normal match. 1050 guaranteed vs maybe 750.
    Also the xp for winning. you get that only once for the normal match, 3x for the losses.
    The more I see it, the more I'm debating to get in on it.
    At least on my first rogue thats 21 and changed my mind and remade another. I have no intention of playing em and hes just profession fodder/daily foundry/dungeon currently.
  • rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    made this post in another thread:

so the patch notes say "A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK"

how does that fix it? if they go afk it just kicks them? and the team stuck with afker are still stuck with 3-5? LOL. its the same as having the afkers IN the game, BEING AFK.

i guess it will just make people have spacebar macros to jump every few minutes.

need to fix the underlying problem as to why there are so many afkers, and thats the fact you are rewarding LOSERS who do NOTHING with far too much glory.

if i run around being a sucky nub am i still going to get the same amount of glory as the guy jumping around in spawn?

the whole way the game rewards pvpers needs to be addressed to fix this issue.

all this "quick fix" does is mean the afk and glory farmers are going to figure out a "quick fix" as well.

the only real fix is to drastically reduce the glory gained for losses, and not give any at all for people who havn't contributed in the game from either:
    A. Capping
    B. Killing/attempting to kill
    C. healing

and increasing the cost of pvp gear would help.

as it stands it takes 10 games afking to get 1 4.2k item. which is about an hour.

so thats 100k glory per day, more with enchants. and you wonder why they do it?

edit: just a few more numbers to put it in perspective.

100k glory per day = 23 items (at 4.2k glory price)
    sell at 20k each = 460k AD per day.

and thats just one account. the farmers will be doing this on a massive scale.
  • sotsotzaiisotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    thelgow wrote: »
    So 750, if you win and probably take 15-20 mins.
    Or lose in 5 mins for 350. do that 3x in the time of 1 normal match. 1050 guaranteed vs maybe 750.
    Also the xp for winning. you get that only once for the normal match, 3x for the losses.
    The more I see it, the more I'm debating to get in on it.
    At least on my first rogue thats 21 and changed my mind and remade another. I have no intention of playing em and hes just profession fodder/daily foundry/dungeon currently.

How do you lose in 5 min? You still gotta wait for the same timing as well as when you win, regardless of what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How do you lose in 5 min? You still gotta wait for the same timing as well as when you win, regardless of what.

Game ends much faster if no cap zones are contested.
  • andrellibusandrellibus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's my solution:
    I think they should implement a system where if you don't attack(or heal) anyone for like 1 min you're automatically kicked from the match, you won't be able to access pvp for X hours and also you lose x amount of glory.
    Have fun coming back every minute to attack someone if you want to.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...And no, you don't, when you lose, you gain 350 glory , when you win, you gain 750, there's a huge gap.
    I don't understand where this comes from.
    I have 704 total glory after 20 matches.
    edited May 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    I don't understand where this comes from.
    I have 704 total glory after 20 matches.

You get more glory at higher levels.
    edited May 2013
    Here's my solution:
    I think they should implement a system where if you don't attack(or heal) anyone for like 1 min you're automatically kicked from the match, you won't be able to access pvp for X hours and also you lose x amount of glory.
    Have fun coming back every minute to attack someone if you want to.

Maybe not...

Only gamemode is built around capturing zones. One of the most important roles in game is the runner. Someone who contests enemy zones and captures when enemy is at some other place. I'd say I've ran around several minutes without fighting a single enemy. Would be stupid to stop capping and run around chasing enemies, if autokick timer was breathing on my neck. :)
  • spazzinspazzin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This AFK BS needs to stop, kick them, let us vote them out or something, then when one team is down a player allow other Queued up people to join match in progress.