test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Easiest Way to Make More AD

swimgeekswimgeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys,

Just a quick question, whats the easiest way to make more ad if i have around 900k, is it to convert to zen and gamble on lockboxes? If not what other ways?
Post edited by swimgeek on

Comments

• Options
    karzak851karzak851 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how the hell did you get 900k to begin with?
  • Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karzak851 wrote: »
    how the hell did you get 900k to begin with?

he could've sold a lucky item.

converting zen -> ad (could of done A LOT of free surveys, etc)

founder pack, etc.
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i'm sitting at 1.3 million AD by selling PvP items when the prices weren't that low. Now i'm waiting for the economy go wild with all the exploiting and get cheap top epics later on.

Playing AH with unstable economy is kinda risky imo, by watching Kripparrians stream, he apparently made a few (6?) million over night with loot he got from top dungeons, so that would probably be still the best way to go.
  • Options
    fallfromheavenfallfromheaven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kynttila wrote: »
    i'm sitting at 1.3 million AD by selling PvP items when the prices weren't that low. Now i'm waiting for the economy go wild with all the exploiting and get cheap top epics later on.

Playing AH with unstable economy is kinda risky imo, by watching Kripparrians stream, he apparently made a few (6?) million over night with loot he got from top dungeons, so that would probably be still the best way to go.

I see Kripp is back to his old tricks of exploiting holes in the game mechanics to get money again.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I see Kripp is back to his old tricks of exploiting holes in the game mechanics to get money again.

Same as in D3 where he exploited every bug available, then reported it when he was done so that other people couldn't do the same (like that golden chest exploit). I find him personable, but unfortunately he is not a fair player who plays by the rules.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    drezekialdrezekial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All that gear he sold is worth almost nothing now. I think there is still an offhand worth like 4 mil, but it will prob be 3 mil tomorrow, and 2 mil the day after, then 100k a week from now.
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is that some people don't like or enjoy playing the auction houses. I stay as far away from them as possible. Auction houses ruin the games and make people greedy and selfish and exploit and bot. And also pay scam sites for in game currency and then get their accounts hacked.. (kind of like real life) It's too bad they are needed at all. Most problems would be fixed if they did not exist.

So with that said, how does some one like me make Astral Diamonds?????????
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    The problem is that some people don't like or enjoy playing the auction houses. I stay as far away from them as possible. Auction houses ruin the games and make people greedy and selfish and exploit and bot. And also pay scam sites for in game currency and then get their accounts hacked.. (kind of like real life) It's too bad they are needed at all. Most problems would be fixed if they did not exist.

So with that said, how does some one like me make Astral Diamonds?????????

If you aren't going to use the AH. There is only so much you can do.

Invoke and earn a few thousand a day.
    Do your daiy quests at 60 and earn up to 24,000 (lotta work to do them all).
    Make really good Foundry content and hope you get tips.
    Run leadership missions and earn a few thousand a day.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Leadership is pretty good for this, since it requires minimal effort. Just takes time to get it started, but once you get it going on multiple characters, you have a steady AD income. Just log in three times a day when you invoke anyway.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    rustytomirustytomi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    Invoke and earn a few thousand a day.
    Do your daiy quests at 60 and earn up to 24,000 (lotta work to do them all).
    Make really good Foundry content and hope you get tips.
    Run leadership missions and earn a few thousand a day.

Sounds to me like the way PW designed the game to be played. :)
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    I stay as far away from them as possible. Auction houses ruin the games and make people greedy and selfish and exploit and bot. And also pay scam sites for in game currency and then get their accounts hacked.. (kind of like real life) It's too bad they are needed at all. Most problems would be fixed if they did not exist.

That's too true. I remember when DDO and City of Heroes didn't have them, and it was much better. No gold farming spam, people not as greedy with drops, etc. It was at times harder to make gold, but it was better.

I don't even really "play" the AH, i just drop anything above a green (those get vendored right away since i'm at cap) onto the spot to sell, and sell for what numbers it puts up. Probably missing out on more AD, but eh, everything seems to sell pretty quickly. I especially put up all crafting items i get that aren't what i'm focusing on, and those sell good, they add up.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fun thing is I remember when people whined when Warhammer Online did not have the Auction House and gold selling was nearly non-existant, eventually the devs caved in and added it.
    Now I see this, be damned if you do, be damned if you don't. ='D
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    The fun thing is I remember when people whined when Warhammer Online did not have the Auction House and gold selling was nearly non-existant, eventually the devs caved in and added it.
    Now I see this, be damned if you do, be damned if you don't. ='D

What? I'm pretty sure WHO had an auction house at launch and few seconds of googling seems to confirm that. You couldn't sell the best gear (Renown and instance sets) anyway.
  • Options
    faethore73faethore73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got my first gold/AD selling email in game today. :mad:
  • Options
    jumalasijumalasi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it seems easiest way what people are making money is form pug group and just when the boss dies kick all players from your group. I did make last 2 DDs with pug coz didnt have anyone online to play with and both times same thing.. got kicked just when boss died and instantly teleported to city.. this way people are making alot money in T2s and after fast chat with GMs they wont do any punishment for this kind of behavior...
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How is Kripparian exploiting the AH? I'm guessing he does this off stream??
  • Options
    jamira1489jamira1489 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jumalasi wrote: »
    it seems easiest way what people are making money is form pug group and just when the boss dies kick all players from your group. I did make last 2 DDs with pug coz didnt have anyone online to play with and both times same thing.. got kicked just when boss died and instantly teleported to city.. this way people are making alot money in T2s and after fast chat with GMs they wont do any punishment for this kind of behavior...

This happened to me today.. Guy kicked everyone out after the boss during a DD. Greedy ******* D:
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Silly question, but, I'm still only level 30... How does one convert AD to Zen anyways?
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swimgeek wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just a quick question, whats the easiest way to make more ad if i have around 900k, is it to convert to zen and gamble on lockboxes? If not what other ways?

900k is chump change. The numerous exploiters made more than that in hours.
    I'm not one for exploits, so I couldn't tell you how. But to honestly answer your question; and since you didn't specify morality restrictions; use the exploits.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jumalasi wrote: »

This is one compelling reason the grouping system needs fixing, See this thread here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    swimgeek wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Buy it on ebay?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brakkish1 wrote: »
    900k is chump change. The numerous exploiters made more than that in hours.

"The numerous exploiters made more than that in minutes."

FTFY

brakkish1 wrote: »
    But to honestly answer your question; and since you didn't specify morality restrictions; use the exploits

Hard to argue with this sadly, especially as there seems to be no punishment for exploiting......