test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hello, everyone!

redallexyeahredallexyeah Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
My goodness, that waiting period takes a long while. But regardless - hello, everyone. Figured I'd introduce myself on the forums and greet all you kind folks. Maybe even some not-so-kind folks.

I play on Dragon, and I'm sort of a solo player. But I do help any and all I see fit to help. So hello, again. You may call me Red, if you'd like. Much easier than the alternative. Hope to see y'all around!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Through wisdom, people find strength. Through strength, power. Through power, truth of character.

Such is the cycle, and so it shall remain.
Post edited by redallexyeah on

Comments

• Options
    danton1199danton1199 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello!! I’m new here also.

Couple of years WoW experience a long while back, about 6 months in LoTRO also but my gaming clan has a guild here AND I’m an avid reader of Forgotten Realms as well as approx. 12 years playing a Drow in Live Role Play (LRP / LARP) with Lorien Trust in the UK.

So far I’m finding the combat system a glory to work with and giving good tactical choices even at an early game stage.

Only one character so far as I’m saving my 2nd slot currently until I either purchase more character slots and/or normal Drow are released as playable when the game is on full release.

So…pretty much totally new…confused about the crafting system mainly but the quests/foundry etc I’m getting used to now.
  • Options
    sotsotzaiisotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Hello, you won't want to solo in this game, you will know how important friendships are soon enough, my advice ? Make friends as soon as possible, true friends that are willing to go through anything with you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I’ve managed to solo until now (level 15) but I do seem to be hitting a “cap” with regards quests where I really do need help…often I’m latching on to other players already engaged in the same zone on same tasks which is good and I’ve found random help appears quite often without asking!

I’m in a Guild now so hopefully I can gain direct aid there also but I have some questions:

Foundry Quests – are these solo or can you bring a party or 2-5 into them and are the AD’s divided between the party or are do you get the full value?

Professions – I’ve done a search using the advanced forum search but not found a Q&A about how to start, gain and operate professions as well as what ones are best for each class (self-serving for a class). Can you point me to one (link)?

Thank you
  • Options
    tyrant1944tyrant1944 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello redallexyeah, love the sig. Reminds me of the Sith Code...hmm

I always want to group, too. Whats your character name and handle, though? I've been away from the game for a couple days because it was getting boring solo :P drop me a line anytime as well.
    Tyranus@MrHaw - 60 GWF - Dragon
    whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sotsotzaii wrote: »
    Hello, you won't want to solo in this game, you will know how important friendships are soon enough, my advice ? Make friends as soon as possible, true friends that are willing to go through anything with you. :)

I've actually done incredibly well, goin' solo. I've always done that in MMO's, though. Just what I prefer, really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Through wisdom, people find strength. Through strength, power. Through power, truth of character.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    danton1199 wrote: »
    I’ve managed to solo until now (level 15) but I do seem to be hitting a “cap” with regards quests where I really do need help…often I’m latching on to other players already engaged in the same zone on same tasks which is good and I’ve found random help appears quite often without asking!

I’m in a Guild now so hopefully I can gain direct aid there also but I have some questions:

Foundry Quests – are these solo or can you bring a party or 2-5 into them and are the AD’s divided between the party or are do you get the full value?

Professions – I’ve done a search using the advanced forum search but not found a Q&A about how to start, gain and operate professions as well as what ones are best for each class (self-serving for a class). Can you point me to one (link)?

Thank you

While I do not do Foundry quests, I tend to do Professions. Leadership isn't class-based, it's simply for general rewards.

Leather-working is for classes that wear leather, such as rogues.

Mailsmithing is for the classes that wear chain. Clerics.

Platesmithing is for platemail. Warriors.

Tailoring is for cloth. Control Wizards.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Profession

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    dixeedixee Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello welcome to NWN.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, and welcome! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    While I do not do Foundry quests, I tend to do Professions. Leadership isn't class-based, it's simply for general rewards.

Leather-working is for classes that wear leather, such as rogues.

Mailsmithing is for the classes that wear chain. Clerics.

Platesmithing is for platemail. Warriors.

Tailoring is for cloth. Control Wizards.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Profession

Good luck.

Thank you, that link doesn't seem to work though :(