test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I would actually spend ZEN on...

honour386honour386 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Dual Spec!

Come on! Every MMO that comes out from now to eternity that has PvP and PvE has to offer Dual Spec. It's not even an option - it must be done. I don't even care if you want to nickel and dime me (F2P model) to get it. This is a good game and the player base should be able to play both aspects of it - PvE and PvP.
Post edited by honour386 on

Comments

• Options
    magdev0magdev0 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's just what we need. More pay to win.
  • Options
    thumperrrthumperrr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly don't see why perfectworld wouldn't add this within time.. Sure, it's a money business and there is probably alot of people who have the mindset of "meh, it's a cheap respec so i'll buy it".
    But honestly, perfectworld would be pretty stupid not to add atleast dual spec or even respec for in-game diamonds or gold.
    but we'll see.
  • Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    Honestly : A DECENT companion.
  • Options
    mrniceguy79mrniceguy79 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would spend Zen for an option to save my spells and reloade it. Its so exhausting to switch all my skills per drag & drop when i do quest or pvp or dungeon as Cleric, dono if other classes have the same issue.
  • Options
    karzak851karzak851 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would spend Zen for an option to save my spells and reloade it. Its so exhausting to switch all my skills per drag & drop when i do quest or pvp or dungeon as Cleric, dono if other classes have the same issue.

its coming.. to the zen store.. only $10 per char for the feature
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But then you would pay only once and be done with it.
    F2P MMOs, P2P MMOs, B2P MMOs, none of it wants you to pay only once and be done.
    Especially F2P ones.
  • Options
    heeeeeysaheeeeeysa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    magdev0 wrote: »

So fahnny joke.
  • Options
    nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    karzak851 wrote: »
    its coming.. to the zen store.. only $10 per char for the feature

per use.

Me, i would, and did, use ZEN for character slots, and would use more for more character slots provided they give my good classes and races to use them on.
    Also, housing.
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    magdev0 wrote: »

Dual Spec is the kind of feature that makes sense, what doesn't make sense is $6 respecs, it should be an AD cost ~50K AD I would say or just over two days worth of grinding AD. You can call it pay to win, it doesn't stop people making PvP spec characters anyways all Dual Spec allows is to have both a PvE and PvP build with free swaps between.
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    But then you would pay only once and be done with it.
    F2P MMOs, P2P MMOs, B2P MMOs, none of it wants you to pay only once and be done.
    Especially F2P ones.

You can say that about bags, bank slots and mounts.

They have money pits like keys, costumes and dyes. This all goes back to what's reasonable and what's not. It's like charging us to breathe.
  • Options
    debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I would buy zen if it gave me a option to stop this game from launching too soon.
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure why they went ahead and designed the game with the classic pitfall of forcing players to choose between PvP and PvE and then not giving them a simple means to switch between two builds.

I guess they want to force more respecs...
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dual spec is also useful for PVE players too! In WoW many of my characters had a DPS spec and a survival spec. I'd solo trash with my DPS spec, then once I reached a boss, I switch to my survival spec so I don't get 1-shotted! I could sure use this in Neverwinter! :D
  • Options
    honour386honour386 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure why they went ahead and designed the game with the classic pitfall of forcing players to choose between PvP and PvE and then not giving them a simple means to switch between two builds.

This game really needs dual spec.
  • Options
    thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have so many skill points to spend you end up taking the spells best for both PvE and PvP.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm waiting on the game to "go live" officially and be hosted on Steam. This way, I can use mah Steam wallet to buy zen/things from zen store. Until then? Not getting a red cent from me. I'm not dumb enough to spend money on a "beta test".

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think respecs should be free, but timed.

You get one after a specific period of time (say 1 day), but then that time doubles each time you respec.

The money grab should be to sell a token that allows you to respec NOW (but doesn't reset the timer). It keeps those who respec rarely happy, and those that want the convenience of a quick respec a cash option.
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup they really need to make dual spec

/signed