test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Cragsteep Crypt

yobhguodyobhguod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
OMG. Where to begin, had a party of 4, 2 CW, Me as GF and a Cleric. Says 4 people is easy. Whelp. It's not. Took us over 2 hours to complete it, the amount of CC, bs monsters spawning all around you, the amount of damage needed and healing to even live through this is unbelievable. The creator of this should be banned perm. and should never do a foundry again, I will NEVER EVER do another foundry made by this author. So much bull **** and so much annoyance. NEVER AGAIN.

P.S. The loot at the end, LMAO. Seriously? All greens, no blues not even an epic after doing that. Please, author of this stupid foundry, if you're reading this. Never. Ever. Create. Another. Foundry. Good day.

Edit: P.S. I went through 54 potions at my current level. I spend almost 2 gold JUST to stay alive and complete this, only to get a big middle finger at the end with a green item.
Post edited by yobhguod on

Comments

• Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello yobhgoud,

I'm not sure where to begin, but, I just finished running this with a group of 4 and we never wiped once. (although we had a healer and a tank after all it's a dungeon.) So, I'm sorry it was not the experience you had hoped for but, that's what's great about choice! You do not have to play anything you don't want to!
    You should jump in the foundry yourself and make something you and your friends will enjoy playing if your finding most of the foundry content is not to your liking.
    As for me never creating anything ever again...that's never going to happen, I have over 5k fans of the dungeon that want to see future content. So...sorry your out of luck there but, you don't have to play my quests so it's a win win!
    Also, I believe your attempting to incite a flame war witch is against forum rules and ULA you may want to actually read that as you can end up getting yourself in trouble.
    At any rate making your own quests is half the fun in my opinion, give it a spin!

Again, sorry you were ticked off about the end reward, but in all fairness I did state in the overview that we as authors have zero control over the end reward, perhaps you didn't read it?
    So...I say here again, the end loot is managed by Cryptic, authors have no control over it period.
    If I could give out blues for defeating each boss, you bet I would but sadly, I can't. It's too easy for people to exploit.

Anyways, have a nice day and enjoy your time in Neverwinter :)

Sincerely,
    -Apoc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Uh, kids these days.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yobhguod wrote: »

P.S. The loot at the end, LMAO. Seriously? All greens, no blues not even an epic after doing that. Please, author of this stupid foundry, if you're reading this. Never. .

Wow, I can't believe you just call him stupid when you have no clue what the foundry is capable of. The degree of irony is comical. Do you realize authors have zero control over loot? You will always get a trash green for any foundry quest you do. Half the time you won't be able to even use it.

And if you can type, I assume you can read. Did you bother reading the overview of the quest? It's a 5 man quest, that has an average 90 min play time. It's not a 4 man quest, not a 3 man quest, not a solo quest. And seriously, I three manned it with EASE, and didn't have a cleric. L2P.

Here's an idea. Go out, make your own foundry. Then compare notes with this author. It should make for a good laugh.

PS Thanks for the entertainment.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    cursemongercursemonger Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to chime in on this adventure.

I've played the adventure twice now. Once, was solo around lvl 7 as a rogue. It was a nightmare. I died so many times....as it should be. It wasn't designed for 1 player (and no companion). The second time I played through it with a friend of mine. He played a GWF with cleric companion and I played a Wizzy with cleric companion. It was so much easier the second time around but was still a challenge towards the end. My only complaint was the big crypt room with the multiple groups. They all popped on our heads. If those encounters could either be staggered or triggered in order then the whole experience would be better.

Overall, a good adventure with potential to be even better.
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apoc makes some good content, I wouldn't want to see him go away. Some players just have a harder time with some of our stories. If you don't enjoy the content just move on find something you do like, or make something you like.

As everyone stated, we have no control over the loot, or exp you gain in the foundry. We also can only place one camp fire per map.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG. Where to begin, had a party of 4, 2 CW, Me as GF and a Cleric. Says 4 people is easy. Whelp. It's not. Took us over 2 hours to complete it, the amount of CC, bs monsters spawning all around you, the amount of damage needed and healing to even live through this is unbelievable. The creator of this should be banned perm. and should never do a foundry again, I will NEVER EVER do another foundry made by this author. So much bull **** and so much annoyance. NEVER AGAIN.

P.S. The loot at the end, LMAO. Seriously? All greens, no blues not even an epic after doing that. Please, author of this stupid foundry, if you're reading this. Never. Ever. Create. Another. Foundry. Good day.

Edit: P.S. I went through 54 potions at my current level. I spend almost 2 gold JUST to stay alive and complete this, only to get a big middle finger at the end with a green item.

I soloed this with a level 15 Guardian Fighter. Used a lot of pots, and died once. But still soloed it.

But this really is how the general public thinks of the foundry. I think Cryptic should make it more clear what rewards should be expected when playing foundry quests. And that the author has no control over it.
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So because Neverwinter is hard coded that we can not determine drops... it is our fault?

We need to do an I.Q. check from time to time...
  • Options
    shienarashienara Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did the Cragsteep Crypt with my group and we had a lot of fun. Its a long one like the description says.
    It has alot of atmosphere and has also some challenge but it is not too difficult.
    I really appreciate the work of Apoc and i am looking forward to see more content from him.
    One question to the author of the Thread: Did you ever played a dungeon in Neverwinter above lvl 30?
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to chime in on this adventure.

My only complaint was the big crypt room with the multiple groups. They all popped on our heads. If those encounters could either be staggered or triggered in order then the whole experience would be better.

Thank you very much for the feed back cursemonger, I have toyed with the idea but it ends up making the fight way way too easy, groups of the 3-4 that find it just the right element of "OMG I came close to dieing!" end up getting a deflated balloon that leaves them saying "...that was it?".
    I resolved this by Implementing in patch 1.14 an option to have either Jarrod, or Jarrod and Nora fight with you during the encounter if people need to lessen the difficulty.
    You can also opt out to have them help to maintain the original difficulty scale. I hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    karischkarisch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have done this mission twice, the first time with 2 friends and then the next day with 4 friends, the later went as smooth as butter :p and the former was challenging but certainly doable.

I certainly do not want this author to disappear as we all thoroughly enjoyed this adventure!!

also the authors cannot set the loot you get in a foundry mission, as that would be subject to abuse too much.
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • Options
    yobhguodyobhguod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    Uh, kids these days.

Assuming I'm a kid based on what I'm typing, doesn't make me a kid. Making assumptions will be your downfall I can tell you that sir/madam.
    nyghoma wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe you just call him stupid when you have no clue what the foundry is capable of. The degree of irony is comical. Do you realize authors have zero control over loot? You will always get a trash green for any foundry quest you do. Half the time you won't be able to even use it.

And if you can type, I assume you can read. Did you bother reading the overview of the quest? It's a 5 man quest, that has an average 90 min play time. It's not a 4 man quest, not a 3 man quest, not a solo quest. And seriously, I three manned it with EASE, and didn't have a cleric. L2P.

Here's an idea. Go out, make your own foundry. Then compare notes with this author. It should make for a good laugh.

PS Thanks for the entertainment.

I have played many MMOs and I understand them faster than most people, as well as exceed in them. I'm an elitist when it comes to it, but that foundry was just hair pulling the whole time, maybe the cleric I was with had no idea how to heal at all but it seemed unfair to be at half hp and all the sudden 30 + mobs spawn around you making it impossible for me as a GF to maintain agro and order. I don't believe you understand what irony is or how to use it in a sentence, so I'm going to assume you miss used the word in an effort to seem....cool. And yes I read the overview, it said 3+ should be easy. Like i said, the amount of CC, random mobs spawning around you and the amount of bug was overwhelming. Just because you have a different experience doesn't mean you're right, I wrote what I experienced.
    boydzinj wrote: »
    So because Neverwinter is hard coded that we can not determine drops... it is our fault?

We need to do an I.Q. check from time to time...

Number 1, you're wrong, if you read the foundry it states that drops are based on how hard the foundry was, so in theory you can determine what drops. Your statement is invalid and kind of funny. Also it's funny that you think we need I.Q. tests to determine how good someone is on a video game? Let me give you an example, I have a friend who has a masters in micro biology. He is amazing when it comes to science but stupid when it comes to cars (fixing, repairing, etc...). I.Q. is determined on the field you learned in, thus I.Q. tests are generally 1 sided and for people who want to massage their egos.

To everyone who got upset and aggravated over my statements, it was basically my review of it to the author. If you feel offended well that's your own fault.
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yobhgoud,

Where does it state that on the foundry? If it does it is old information. Speaking as an author I can assure you we have NO control over the loot. Secondly the exploiters that made the farm maps, caused them to nerf the foundry greatly reducing the quality and amount of drops once open beta hit.

If that were still true that you got better loot for the higher difficulty of the map, then those little 5 minute maps with 50 billion ogres would be dropping purples left right and sideways.

If you feel strongly that I am wrong in my statement. Please go to the foundry yourself and make a map that guarantees a blue or higher quality item for it's completion. If you manage to accomplish this, I would love to see how you did it. Specifically because I would like to reward my players for finishing my campaign.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The foundry system is based on Cryptic. Cryptic has nerfed drop rates, per previous patches. We still do not have control over the foundry drop rate. You can defeat 10 hard encounters and maybe get a white drop... next foundry defeat the same 10 hard encounters and get 10 drops - all green. We, as foundry creators, do not control that.

Likewise, the loot you get from the chest is not determined by us either. Sometimes you will get a white... other times you will get a green. Sometimes just money. Again, not something we, as foundry creators, can control.

Just to play's devil advocate:

you mentioned, "
    Number 1, you're wrong, if you read the foundry it states that drops are based on how hard the foundry was, so in theory you can determine what drops.
    " If I understand this correctly, the lack of drops meant the foundry was not that difficult. If it was not that difficult why did you use that many health potions?

If it is difficult you get better drops - if you did not get a better drop it was not that difficult? Since you did not get better drops it was not difficult - yet you were still spending tons of money to stay alive?

My question to you, yobhguod, HOW could the author have changed it to give you better drops? or a better reward for your time? If you can answer how to code it... I am sure the author may update his or her foundry if it proves a worthy enough, no? how do we fix it. That is the real question.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »

If you feel strongly that I am wrong in my statement. Please go to the foundry yourself and make a map that guarantees a blue or higher quality item for it's completion. If you manage to accomplish this, I would love to see how you did it. Specifically because I would like to reward my players for finishing my campaign.

I too would like to know.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to know how to read the foundry.
  • Options
    slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    I just want to know how to read the foundry.

You need to know greek otherwise it's pointless.
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to chime in on this...

First off kudos to apoc for replying the way he did. Always the gentleman when I probably would have ripped this 12 year old a new bunghole. That said, Apoc's designs speak for themselves, not to mention that was done quite awhile ago already and his new Ravenloft stuff coming out is truly top notch. Apoc has an attention to detail that inspire myself, nyghoma and chili on a daily basis to just go the extra mile.

Anyone that comes in and complains it was too hard and the reward sucks has already lost any credibility for an opinion. If players don't know authors can't do a single thing about the rewards given, then they need to not play. Its that simple.

Keep rockin Apoc, your Ravenloft is gonna be crazy good.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't believe you understand what irony is or how to use it in a sentence, so I'm going to assume you miss used the word in an effort to seem....cool.

I know the meaning of irony. Irony is when someone who is stupid, referrers to something else being "stupid". You know the old adage, "pot calling the kettle black"? You made a fool of yourself on the forums, to our entertainment, so now please quietly go away.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    I know the meaning of irony. Irony is when someone who is stupid, referrers to something else being "stupid". You know the old adage, "pot calling the kettle black"? You made a fool of yourself on the forums, to our entertainment, so now please quietly go away.

I am sorry i laughed so hard... i think i soiled my pants.