test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

EU Server/Shard?

rood4everrood4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there any chance of a EU server coming? Maybe after the open 'beta' has finished (some time this year)?

Currently I have 150-200 ms constantly. I don't have these high pings with any other game if it has it's server based in EU - usually it's 20-30 ms.

For me the game, especially PvP, is unplayable with these high pings, it's even worse in PvP when you play another people who have also high pings.

I really liked some concepts of this game (not the constant barrage of 'player x has earned some overpriced mount') but in the end, without an EU server coming there is no reason to continue playing...

And yes you can have my stuff, I have no idea how to transfer AD/Zen to another player though.
Post edited by rood4ever on

Comments

• Options
    leesinuk86leesinuk86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well from what I read there will be a server merge and everyone will play on one big server, but that is even worst because it's obviously going to be in NA, which sounds like EU will never get a server.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There is no chance.

All the shards will be merged into one at some point in time.

The lag is not localized to EU; there are plenty of Europeans who experience little to no lag.
    Those that do experience lag will hopefully get addressed in time but Cryptic has always run single server systems unless otherwise forced to run separate servers due to international laws.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OK, ty for your response.
    Gonna download Rift then and check it out, it's going to be free to play aswell and they do have EU servers.
  • Options
    jaxshroomjaxshroom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, im from eastern europe(Croatia/Balkan:P) and i dont have problems with lag, its ussualy about 30-50 ms, but thats good :P So i dunno whats causing this for some :P
  • Options
    debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    The lag is probably due to bad computers and bad optimized game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jaxshroom wrote: »
    Hmm, im from eastern europe(Croatia/Balkan:P) and i dont have problems with lag, its ussualy about 30-50 ms, but thats good :P So i dunno whats causing this for some :P

And what proxy settings do you have? I tested with 'None' and 'EU' but it didn't help me at all. And with the EU proxy I also have trouble getting the launcher to work (especially after a patch/maintenance).

PS. Rift is okish so far :) But the combat in NW is so much better.