test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Think I will take a break from this game until other races and classes are out.

gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I been in a lot of betas and I have to say this game is a blast, the dungeons are really fun and challenging ("when people are not exploiting them"). I have to say I actually feel like a powerful Wizard or heroe in game when I play my Control Wizard and feel they did a decent job with the class ("this also needs some tweaking with CC."). Love the world as there is not any crummy Warforges running around "Felt DDO screwed up going with that world.", and the graphic design was spot on.

The thing that scares me off from this game though is the fact that I think this will become a revolving beta or "excuse" to compensate for the lack of fixes for exploits (PvP/PvE), PvP (balances with one hit quitters), and the increase of new things given for this wonderful "high potential game.".

Crafting was decent enough where the market was not saturated with everything all in one day and I think the market of things with AD and Zen will balance out "eventually."

To make a long story short I will sit back and watch where this game goes, once the other things promised are put into the game and this game comes out of beta, I'll be back.

Keep it up Cryptic, you guys are having a good start with the game.

Ps.

Forgot to mention, a number of people I talked with about the AFKing in PvP is because the system is severely broken with damage, don't nerf the xp FIX, the problem.
I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
Post edited by gomok72 on

Comments

• Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same for me, right down to the Control Wizard :P I'll be moving to Warframe for now, hopefully the state of Neverwinter improves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not a bad idea. I'm still enjoying the game despite the troll-rage upheaval, must be because I hate merging with the online communities anyways. I hope to see you guys soon.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gomok72 wrote: »
    . Love the world as there is not any crummy Warforges running around "Felt DDO screwed up going with that world.",.

Flesh is weak............
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking of doing the same. Might put my cleric on a shelf until they fix aggro and/or tone down the adds in dungeons.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alandoril1 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing the same. Might put my cleric on a shelf until they fix aggro and/or tone down the adds in dungeons.

Me too.

That and I just find all the boss encounters really frustrating.

Looking forward to Wildstar, and hope this game gets everything fleshed out.
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What you guys should do is exploit what can be exploited so that in the future when you do return you have a comfortable base to rest upon without needing to grind anything. Therefore, it'll allow you maximum enjoyment for minimal 'work'.
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feeling the world very restrictive at lvl60. No reason to go out to the zones again. You just sits at protector enclave all day LFG...its get really bored..
  • Options
    tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The appeal of the game wears off at 60 pretty fast, especially for a cleric where all the boss fights feel like a 8-bit football game with bad AI.
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like a wise idea. Some friends of mine are considering picking up WoW again so that can be a thing I guess until newer content is out that is.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I havn't played in a few days and i dont have any desire to log on. No one to play with and since the whole game is based about group functions and the dumb group finder doesnt even work properly, the hell with it.