test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are halflings the worst race?

mindrape007mindrape007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I dunno i rolled a halfing rogue and aside from the looks im kinda regretting it in terms of racial bonusses. does these bonuses really make a difference end game? Does the 10% resistance to cc effects really matter? and i find the 3% deflect chance to be very little.

compared to the racial of half orcs, halflings dont seem to be competitvely better.
YOLO - You Only Live Online
Post edited by mindrape007 on

Comments

• Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no dwarfs are , halflings get some cute outfits
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3% deflect is equivalent to 3 Cha or 6 Dex for that stat. 10% to CC isn't bad with all those stuns, silences, prones, knockbacks, and everything else that goes around.
  • Options
    mindrape007mindrape007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    3% deflect is equivalent to 3 Cha or 6 Dex for that stat. 10% to CC isn't bad with all those stuns, silences, prones, knockbacks, and everything else that goes around.

that's something new, i guess halflings are more on pvp. thank you made me feel playing my halfling again
    YOLO - You Only Live Online
  • Options
    bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    I don't really think those racial bonus matter THAT much, unless you're MIN/MAXing. Correct me if im wrong but all races have a few stats they can get +2 racial bonus to, and the rest is flavor.
    I wanted to pick a gnome for my wizard but settled on halfling since there are no gnomes yet, and see nothing wrong with using one.
  • Options
    ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Halflings? Worst race? Them's fightin' words. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Every race has a good side. Every race has a bad side.

To compare them would be to hold an apple up to an orange. ;)
  • Options
    shinzizoshinzizo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are best race, just saying.

Catch you in PvP and see who is worse ;-)
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main is a dwarf control wizard, and my alts are a drow guardian fighter, a half-orc trickster rogue, and a halfling great weapon fighter. None of them are way behind the more optimal race/class combinations, and the halfling looks particularly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with his sword, which is taller than him.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    arontimes wrote: »
    My main is a dwarf control wizard, and my alts are a drow guardian fighter, a half-orc trickster rogue, and a halfling great weapon fighter. None of them are way behind the more optimal race/class combinations, and the halfling looks particularly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with his sword, which is taller than him.

This!!!! My halfing gwf looks so cute with her giant metal stick of death!!!!
  • Options
    bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    arontimes wrote: »

Chibi Gutts comes to mind :P
  • Options
    electrinoelectrino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    i'm playing rogue halfling too, kinda love it really, small and quick, just how rogues have to be:)
  • Options
    samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The difference won't be big enough to get you kicked from a guild, but it's there. If you played a Halfling and a half-orc with the same gear and skills, you would come out on top with the Orc, but considering you probably won't be in a situation like that at 60 with the same gear/skill, it doesn't really matter what you pick. What's more important is where you choose to allot your points, your gear set, tree spec and skill.

I picked Half-orc because I am just not ok with gimping myself, however little that is. Honestly, if there were no racials I would be a Dwarf like I was in my many playthroughs of Dragon Age: Origins. You will have more fun picking what you like if you can live with that. Having OCD sucks.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • Options
    usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I dunno i rolled a halfing rogue and aside from the looks im kinda regretting it in terms of racial bonusses. does these bonuses really make a difference end game? Does the 10% resistance to cc effects really matter? and i find the 3% deflect chance to be very little.

compared to the racial of half orcs, halflings dont seem to be competitvely better.

I'm playing a halfling GWF and the cute look is also my first choice :)
    Just got to 60 yesterday with 8k gs, not sure it means something with the racial deflection bonus but my deflection chance is 27.9% (+10% bonus from feature skill). If deflection works like evasion/dodge then I think it's still a worthy racial bonus.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deflection is the equivalent to evasion/dodge. You can look on your character sheet and see the damage reduction when deflection goes off.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My 60 wizard is a halfling, you take that back!
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Halflings have hairy feet
    They think they're cute, they think they're neat
    but hairy feet are a pain in the a$$
    When you step on broken glass

**** it..can't remember the dwarf verse :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love my Halfling Rogue.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Play what floats your boat... as they say in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    jerchakjerchak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every race has a good side. Every race has a bad side.

To compare them would be to hold an apple up to an orange. ;)

Thanks Mr Miyagi. lol
  • Options
    nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Halflings are cool, just because they are small little ***-kickers. It's fun to kill a giant with this ornery little midget.
  • Options
    budgiewudgiebudgiewudgie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a Cleric Half-Ling and I got a high survivavility in a PVP... they are having a hard time chasing me or killing me when my HP is really critical. I always manage to get the HP regen pickups... then manage to kill those who are chasing me. :)
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shinzizo wrote: »
    We are best race, just saying.

Catch you in PvP and see who is worse ;-)

Obviously the person with the most skill.... A racial bonus is not going to "make" you... sorry.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a Cleric Half-Ling and I got a high survivavility in a PVP... they are having a hard time cahsing me or killing me when my HP is really critical. I always manage to get the HP regen pickups... then manage to kill those who are chasing me. :)

That's a good point, in a game where aiming is important our size is already a racial perk.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My Halfling Trickster Rogue is always top on damage in every dungeon I queue for. Racials are overrated! :)

It's all about the player, not the racials.

(edit) and maybe gear too. Maybe I'm always the best geared TR in every pug I join? I dunno...