test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is Mina for quest A "Doomguide's Duty"? or acolyte neyman Around lvl 25

envizionnenvizionn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
The quest path is bugged and every zone i go to there is no path or anything on the map. Does anyone know what zone she is in or the questing zone to travel to @ the gate at this level? or where acolyte neyman is?
Post edited by envizionn on

Comments

• Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    follow the sparkly trail, she's right by the bridge... has a big 'look at me' symbol above her head... really hard to miss with eyes open.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    envizionnenvizionn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    follow the sparkly trail, she's right by the bridge... has a big 'look at me' symbol above her head... really hard to miss with eyes open.

found her but not by sparkly trail? sparkly trail is bugged for that quest or something now i gotta find lynching tree
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hit z to toggle it on since sometimes it bugs.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    envizionn wrote: »
    found her but not by sparkly trail? sparkly trail is bugged for that quest or something now i gotta find lynching tree

As the saying goes... follow the yellow brick road.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    foosnarkfoosnark Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The sparkly trail didn't work for me no matter how many times I turned it off and on or switched it between quests.

She shows up on the map as "Acolyte Neyman" (rather than "Mina"), near the bridge.
  • Options
    savagefistsavagefist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    envizionn wrote: »
    Since some people only want to provide attitude instead of help, I found the lynching tree toward the southwest end of the map in case someone else's sparkly trail is borked like mine was as well. The little diamond markers should help to verify its location as well if the trail is not working correctly. Hope this helps until they get these quests fixed.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whether the sparkly trail works or not. Just open your map as it will show your current quest location there.
  • Options
    savagefistsavagefist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Whether the sparkly trail works or not. Just open your map as it will show your current quest location there.
    Yep, I mentioned that via the diamond markers comment.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep you did, after I posted as I see your edit was a minute after I posted. LOL :p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep you did, after I posted as I see your edit was a minute after I posted. LOL :p
    Didn't see your comment until after I edited. Thought it should be added since that was how I actually found it. thanks for confirming at least that feature isn't broken...as far as we know. :cool:
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I mainly use the map so I can see where stairs and what not are before I get to the location.
  • Options
    kyshira72kyshira72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    savagefist wrote: »
    Since some people only want to provide attitude instead of help, I found the lynching tree toward the southwest end of the map in case someone else's sparkly trail is borked like mine was as well. The little diamond markers should help to verify its location as well if the trail is not working correctly. Hope this helps until they get these quests fixed.

This helped greatly thank you. My sparklies were in fact borked.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no sparkly trail for that part of the quest, but she's just a few paces up the road from the quest giver with a blue diamond over her head.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    vaeselvaesel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had niether sparkling trail nor diamond anywhere on the map, so south west cornor helped me , this quest is bugged for some of us.
  • Options
    mamapapaxpmamapapaxp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaesel wrote: »
    I had neither sparkling trail nor diamond anywhere on the map, so south west corner helped me, this quest is bugged for some of us.

This helped me too. Thanks.
    No sparkly, no quest pointer on the map.... and... the travel map between zones showed all my quests' locations... except this one, which was nowhere to be seen.

Definitely needs a bug fix, here's hoping June 20th will see it done.
  • Options
    mobyslickmobyslick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Sadly no. OP is not the only person with this problem nor is he an idiot who doesn't know how the tracker functions. If the quest tracker is toggled for this quest the tracker symbol is red and tells you it can't find the location, when you mouse over it. The quest also does not get a number in the area map and is not shown in any way. Thanks to the helpful people who gave the requested info, rest of you trolls should have a pretty good idea what to do.
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I just played this quest today; it seems that either the quest trail is bugged or that the quest was built intentionally to have the quest trail off at that objective.

On the other hand, if you don't know where Acolyte Neyman is, that's kind of your fault for not paying attention. You were introduced to her at the beginning of the quest line.
  • Options
    bbarhambbarham Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    On the other hand, if you don't know where Acolyte Neyman is, that's kind of your fault for not paying attention. You were introduced to her at the beginning of the quest line.
    The quest portion that is broken says talk to Mina not Acolyte Neyman.
    If you go to the Lynching Tree your quest trail shows up again and once you finish that part it will disappear again. Leaving the Lynching Tree area will get it t come back once more.
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ... Yes, and her first name is "Mina."
  • Options
    bbarhambbarham Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    ... Yes, and her first name is "Mina."
    And it doesn't say her first name in the quest. Hence the trouble finding who she is and where she is located.
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doesn't help that even with the sparklies turned on, it says "cannot find quest track" and leaves you hanging.

probably has something to do with the fact that its trying to track "Mina" instead of "Neyman"
  • Options
    jakuza2jakuza2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is no sparkly trail for that part of the quest, but she's just a few paces up the road from the quest giver with a blue diamond over her head.

The solution is: Talk with Acolyte Neyman at bridge and Mina sparkle path signs will be activated.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks all! We're looking into this!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!