test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any plans on fixing the "Glory Farm" from bots!??

conterkillerconterkiller Member Posts: 155 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So.. this has gone beyond ridicoulus, now gold sellers not only farm Gold and AD..
but they'r farmig GLORY too..

<No naming and shaming>
etc etc etc..

If PWE have worked with "bound" currency in every single one of their other games..
how the heck are you guys so blind to not see this coming??

This is <my eyes are burning>.. not to mention the ratio of Glory at lv60 is beyooond ridicoulusly high.. im getting 1k+ per match during arena event.. and every piece cost about 4k.. lol!!

Now.. not only arena gear is corrupted, being as easy to get as.. Full set for 40k AD or less.. but also.. every <my eyes are burning> match i try to join to have fun becomes a <my eyes are burning> boredoom because either i have AFKrs.. or the enemy has them.. making the whole match dull and dumb.. -.-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xaradevriesxaradevries Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They seem to always queue as 5 so it's not bad for the opposing team at least
  • Options
    psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    many times ive been in group where 1 or 2 ppl AFK from start, and half the time 1 of them is lead so cant kick an hope kicked in time for someone else to join, i reckon these people who afk should be banned, they are exploiting, though they are ecploiting a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sysytem, at the end of the day... its still exploiting, and ruins the experiance for those who enjoy Pvp, i would rather lose a match with 5 ppl active on both sides than win against a team of players Afk, the system is flawed and needs to be changed NOW!!!

1 way to stop these players who AFK, idle for 1 minute, Ad starts drainging off that charecter, this wont stop lower Lvl's but those in their 40's + will cry ohh so bad once they 0 ad cos they afk'd an they deserve it (know this will never happen but i would so love it)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    While they haven't really said a lot publicly...

They are taking the biggest concerns, such as this, to heart and are working towards solutions.
    You aren't being ignored. They'll post more information when they have it! :)
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    The first step toward a fix is incoming in the next patch as they announced just a bit ago. Auto kicking afk players is going in and then they'll improve on it from there.
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While they haven't really said a lot publicly...

They are taking the biggest concerns, such as this, to heart and are working towards solutions.
    You aren't being ignored. They'll post more information when they have it! :)

Lets get new items in the Zen shop before we work on maintaining integrity for the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lets get new items in the Zen shop before we work on maintaining integrity for the game.
    Hey hey, that's a great business model! I'm telling ya, the CEO has his moonlight gold/ad/glory/gear side business in full swing.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately the AFK player problem will probably not be solved any time soon. Star Trek Online has had that problem for a long while now and I am willing to bet it's the same across all Crpytic/PWE games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do know new items added to the store are probably made well in advance so it's more than likely an easy matter to just stick them in whenever they want? Not to mention that's probably a different department when it comes to coding versus making a new mount which is basically taking an existing mount and sticking on a new skin and maybe some new animations.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lol.. they have arena in many of their other games.. and all the stuff you buy from arena are character bound..

i dont get why they didnt do it here too.. it fixes every problem with AFK/botters/farmers..

and.. i wasnt really naming/shaming.. those were just random examples of the kind of names i got.. those were the exact names.. lol
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately the AFK player problem will probably not be solved any time soon. Star Trek Online has had that problem for a long while now and I am willing to bet it's the same across all Crpytic/PWE games.

Read the patch notes for today then offer up a manly apology
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Read the patch notes for today then offer up a manly apology

Even tho it says they are adding a feature that will fix it..

im pretty sure is not gnna be a proper feature.. and all this afkrs/botters will just find a way around it and keep on afking..

they ONLY real solution is making glory bound to character.. end of story.. -.-

and i dont get why they dont do it..
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I really hope they come up with a good solution for this. It's really tough to enjoy any pvp games with bots on either side.
    The pvp in this game was one of the things I thoroughly enjoyed in this game and right now, these bots are taking the fun out of pvping. :/
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easiest solution: make all glory items BoP. Bots will have no reason to farm glory then.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Easiest solution: make all glory items BoP. Bots will have no reason to farm glory then.

Frankly most are farming glory for themselves.
    The good old "I don't want to earn stuff I just want to PvP right now" crowd. :p

In my most humble, though honestly biased, opinion the PvP Crowd in MMO's tends to have a rotten minority which like to treat MMO's like First Person Shooters where nothing has to get earned. They feel they should be able to log in and not have to work to level up or obtain gear because they don't have to do that in other games such as Halo, Call or Duty or Gears of War so why should they have to in this game or other MMO's.
    'It doesn't hurt anybody if I get maxed level and great gear without earning it' nonsense. :p

They only enjoy the PvP but more importantly they only enjoy PvP after they are fully equipped and maximum level so they go through whatever hoops they can to avoid the leveling and equipping process.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Frankly most are farming glory for themselves.
    The good old "I don't want to earn stuff I just want to PvP right now" crowd. :p

In my most humble, though honestly biased, opinion the PvP Crowd in MMO's tends to have a rotten minority which like to treat MMO's like First Person Shooters where nothing has to get earned. They feel they should be able to log in and not have to work to level up or obtain gear because they don't have to do that in other games such as Halo, Call or Duty or Gears of War so why should they have to in this game or other MMO's.
    'It doesn't hurt anybody if I get maxed level and great gear without earning it' nonsense. :p

They only enjoy the PvP but more importantly they only enjoy PvP after they are fully equipped and maximum level so they go through whatever hoops they can to avoid the leveling and equipping process.

True yes, but I was referring to bots, which in general are farming to sell (considering that at this point, it doesn't take all that much PvP to fully equip anyway, from what I've heard). It of course wouldn't discourage people who farm to quickly gear themselves up, but those are likely a much smaller percentage of the crowd. Compared to the bots, especially those which form full 5 member teams. (most people farming for themselves wouldn't be playing 5 different accounts, because that is quite a bit of work, but little gain)

In short, making it BoP wouldn't solve people from farming for themselves, but it should significantly limit botting and/or farming for profit, since there would no longer be any.

(on hindsight, also make said glory gear sell for nothing)
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wil kick "my eyes are burning" out of my pvp games in the future, thx for the heads up admin.

On another node, why not give only winning team glory etc, you know make the focus in pvp around teamplay and getting a good strategy going other then running around like chickens yolo style?

If that happened, only people that enjoy pvp matches wil join, and they wil have incentive to form a strategy with other pubs, and afking would be mute at that point. I wouldent mind losing a few times if i knew every game i joined was 5vs5 good game style...maybe up the winning glory points to compensate for the loses u make over time deu to losing?...
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -