test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Green Dragon & Grey Wolf need to be nerfed down for leveling pugs

losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
These encounters at the end of these dungeons, red (green) dragon and grey wolf, need to be toned down a bit for the level please!

19 out of 20 pugs wipes on these at the end, so something needs to be fixed.
"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
Post edited by losse1 on

Comments

• Options
    sarcon89sarcon89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whell in the dragons case the adds should be fixed and his hp reduced to a more managable number. in the case of grey wolf even in the epic difficulty the shadow wolf damage is way off (ive eaten 50k+ hits from them in T1). that alone would make the encounter considerably more balanced (red area AoEs should remain as is and so should adds). just you shouldnt have adds running around and 1 shotting people if a CW cant 1 shot them before they get into melee of anyone).
  • Options
    erikaalerikaal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've not gotten to the dragon mentioned but the shadow wolves hitting for half your health each hit makes it so you can't kill them before they kill you if you're melee. So <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I've been in the dungeon 3 times now and have yet to finish b/c we can't get any time on the boss for running away from all the adds and out of the stab-claw things.
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    erikaal wrote: »
    I've not gotten to the dragon mentioned but the shadow wolves hitting for half your health each hit makes it so you can't kill them before they kill you if you're melee. So <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I've been in the dungeon 3 times now and have yet to finish b/c we can't get any time on the boss for running away from all the adds and out of the stab-claw things.

First thing you should have seen is that shadow wolves are being spawned only if boss hits somebody with her normal attack. So using hit and run tactics, flanking her and not trying jumping straight at her face LEROOOOY JENKIIIIINSS style kinda helps.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    bstby wrote: »
    First thing you should have seen is that shadow wolves are being spawned only if boss hits somebody with her normal attack. So using hit and run tactics, flanking her and not trying jumping straight at her face LEROOOOY JENKIIIIINSS style kinda helps.

This are things you can do if you are in an organized group. But the dungeons should require a bit less coordination at the lower levels while people are still working through the content and learning. It is hard to fully communicate a strategy to a pug especially when there is often a mix of languages involved.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bstby wrote: »

Which is kinda tricky for the GF tanking her. Guard wouldn't last long enough.
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The grey wolf I didn't find *that* hard and its nice to get that feeling of achievement.
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Which is kinda tricky for the GF tanking her. Guard wouldn't last long enough.

I play as a GF myself, and I say you don't need to tank her whatsoever. The ones who should be tanked here are adds. Just keep them off your dps and cleric.
    This are things you can do if you are in an organized group. But the dungeons should require a bit less coordination at the lower levels while people are still working through the content and learning. It is hard to fully communicate a strategy to a pug especially when there is often a mix of languages involved.

I did both of this dungeons in a pug. Every time it was a successful try the group took its time to work out the tactics and distribute roles. I agree that communication could be a problem, but not that much. And English is not my native language.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Nah. It's fun the way it is. It's pretty challenging for a team of fresh toons under level 35, but with just 1 or 2 level 35's in there twinked out with blue gear and runed up (any alt, basically) the encounter becomes much more manageable.

I'm glad not all the boss fights in this game are babby-tier. Pretty much every other delve is a breeze. Let us who enjoy the more difficult dungeons keep at least these two.
  • Options
    ratillerratiller Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really didn't find the mad dragon that difficult..we four manned it with a pug, all you really need is one person who can dodge the dragons attacks and has some potions handy and as long as the rest of your group can dps add's it's pretty straightforward
  • Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm guessing you mean the normal versions.

i completed them both with PuGs found in the queue.

of course, those two fights are really dependent on how good your cleric is... which seems to be the case for many fights, since, they end up tanking everything 30 seconds into the fight.

they're more than puggable.
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm guessing you mean the normal versions.

i completed them both with PuGs found in the queue.

of course, those two fights are really dependent on how good your cleric is... which seems to be the case for many fights, since, they end up tanking everything 30 seconds into the fight.

they're more than puggable.

Funny enough the first time I completed the grey wolf we had no cleric..... as for the dragon I tried it twice both failed then I was too high a level for it. :(
  • Options
    irjellyirjelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I really enjoyed the higher difficulty of those 2 fights and was sorely disappointing when I fought the Aberration boss. I felt he was way to easy and should have been as hard as the Dragon and grey Wolf. I wish all the other dungeons were harder, except up to the Green Dragon. By that time you should know how your class works and be prepared for challenging content when you queue for a dungeon.
  • Options
    jekuptjekupt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    90% of the people will complain about the dungeons dificulty

Mainly because of the 90% of people can only, DPS the boss, tanks that do not tank, clerics that enjoy more dps than healing, and the lack of protection for the healer in general.

All dungeons are doable in pugs, but people need to understand there roll and ajust them in the boss fights, when 95% of people plays only for themselves is hard
  • Options
    pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh god, form your party in front of dungeon. Queuing just result in random group, so you should expect random result.

Both dragon and wolf grey den are very much doable, they are not easy but it is far far away from impossible.

I pray to gods every day the company will not listen to this.. Those two dungeons are so far the only place where you have to show some efforts.

Other dungeons, quests etc.. everything can be run through blind and one handed.. This is no fun!
  • Options
    nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    The thing is, when the dungeons on normal mode are bloody easy... you get herp derp people at max level who still don't learn to play because they've never had to. At some point you need to learn to play properly, and if you can't begin that process in 60 levels... These boss fights are well tuned. They're not too easy but they're doable.
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Shadow wolves hit that hard due to combat advantage......DC if traited properly cancels 80% of bonus damage from combat advantage then stand in astral shield with foresight equipped for 30% damage mitigation + 5% more of clerics stats if speced properly