test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can not believe the email they sent

lisnarilisnari Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just got an email from PWE telling me about a %15 bonus if i buy Zen.

Part of it is here

"Apply this code during checkout, and you'll get 15% bonus ZEN, completely for free. When you purchase $50 worth of ZEN, participating payment processors will add an extra 300 ZEN. And when combined with the 15% coupon, you'll receive a total of 6050 ZEN for only $50, more than a 20% bonus in total! "

"This code will expire within 7 days, and can only be used on the account associated with this email address. For more information on this program, please check out the Welcome Bonus web page for all the details."

They want me to BUY $50 worth of Zen when people have exploiting like mad for days and made thousands from it they have the Gaul to send emails like this out.
Post edited by lisnari on

Comments

• flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the same message & deleted it without reading.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lisnari wrote: »

Part of it is here

"Apply this code during checkout, and you'll get 15% bonus ZEN, completely for free. When you purchase $50 worth of ZEN, participating payment processors will add an extra 300 ZEN. And when combined with the 15% coupon, you'll receive a total of 6050 ZEN for only $50, more than a 20% bonus in total! "

"This code will expire within 7 days, and can only be used on the account associated with this email address. For more information on this program, please check out the Welcome Bonus web page for all the details."

They want me to BUY $50 worth of Zen when people have exploiting like mad for days and made thousands from it they have the Gaul to send emails like this out.

WHO CARES! Delete it and move on. Or is that too hard for you.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Part of it is here

That's a sweet freaking deal. I'm gonna jump on that right now!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A company advertises a sale to it's customers.

People react in shocked dismay.

News at 11.
  • lisnarilisnari Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should fix/ban the exploit/exploiter's that makes them thousands of Zen before send **** like this out.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should fix/ban the exploit/exploiter's that makes them thousands of Zen before send **** like this out.

This isn't anything new, PWE runs these promotions every few months and it's not just for Neverwinter.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i didnt get this email :(
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The only silly part of that entire e-mail was the idea that I'd give them $50 real dollars for monopoly money I don't need.

That being said, if you like the cash store that's really not a bad deal. Works out to almost eleven respec's for only $50 dollars.

/sarcasm
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Yeah the Email/PR/Marketing teams should be out there coding and bug fixing. Im sure their extensive knowledge of programming wont cause more issues.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    The only silly part of that entire e-mail was the idea that I'd give them $50 real dollars for monopoly money I don't need.

That being said, if you like the cash store that's really not a bad deal. Works out to almost eleven respec's for only $50 dollars.

/sarcasm

They mention the $50 option because that's the level at which you already get a bonus with your purchase. In which case, I imagine some people might wonder how that bonus, and the bonus from the offer, would stack.

....yep, double checked. $50 is the first level at which they give a bulk-purchase bonus. The smaller purchases (5, 10, 20, 30) do not have any bonus, and are therefore pretty straightforward to figure out how the email coupon would add to them.
  • lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013

Part of it is here

Why so upset? That's like, 6 bags for $50.
  • shadushshadush Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Folks,

What is the game like if you don't pay any money at all. Are there limitations? What can one expect from playing without paying anything?
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The sale is for all PWE games not just Neverwinter so even if there are major problems in Neverwinter, then it won't affect the sale.
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013

Part of it is here

Hey could reply and ask them to answer my 8 day old petition or my buddies from the 26 or 28th he would like his AD from his Heroes package.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    I got the same message & deleted it without reading.

Ten million facepalms, and no less.
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got that email almost 2 weeks ago. before exploits even appeared. its automated based on how long you have played.

• rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    I think the overnight billionaire GFs will be offering better deals for their AD.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never got that email :(
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • f2plaaayf2plaaay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never got that e-mail, but I'm guessing it's because the main e-mail for this account is no longer mine as my account has been hijacked and I have yet to get a response back from PWE regarding getting my account back ^_^
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    he would like his AD from his Heroes package.

Look at the icons in the middle of the screen along the top. One of them will look like a Z and a crystal mushed together. I think it's the 3rd one from the left. Click it and it will open a window for exchanging zen and AD. Down on the bottom of that window should be his AD. All he has to do is click the "claim" button and decide how much he wants to "withdraw". I say chose the amount because if you claim them all for the one character the rest of your characters wont get any. They don't go into a "pool" for everyone to draw upon.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. It's been a while.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have killed for that mail, I only got the standard 300 zen bonus
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look at the icons in the middle of the screen along the top. One of them will look like a Z and a crystal mushed together. I think it's the 3rd one from the left. Click it and it will open a window for exchanging zen and AD. Down on the bottom of that window should be his AD. All he has to do is click the "claim" button and decide how much he wants to "withdraw". I say chose the amount because if you claim them all for the one character the rest of your characters wont get any. They don't go into a "pool" for everyone to draw upon.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. It's been a while.

Partially correct. It's also possible to put AD back into the pool, by making and cancelling a trade. (any trades for Zen or AD has to be transferred into the pool first, and the received Zen/Ad from this type of trades also goes into the pool for any character in your account to withdraw)
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And?

Your shocked and horrified that a marketing department is well marketing?

You want real shock and horror let the marketing department do coding. That would be a travesty. This? Just perfectly normal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]