test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm A Terri-Bad TR :(

flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
This is the first MMO ever in which I've simply not gotten, AT ALL, how to use Stealth.

I'm feeling pretty terri-bad about this, too, because I figure it can't be as difficult as it appears to be, so maybe I'm just dense. I'm good with that, I don't mind learning!

Anyway, if someone could explain how I'm suppose to use it ... MTIA!
Fare you well
Let your life proceed by its own designs
Nothing to tell
Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
Post edited by flayedawg on

Comments

• dagurasudagurasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once you reach level 10, you unlock the ability to use stealth. You can activate it by pressing Tab by default. It has a fairly short duration, but there are feats that increase it by as much as 20% and the level 60 pvp gear also has another 20% bonus on it.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dagurasu wrote: »
    Once you reach level 10, you unlock the ability to use stealth. You can activate it by pressing Tab by default. It has a fairly short duration, but there are feats that increase it by as much as 20% and the level 60 pvp gear also has another 20% bonus on it.

Yes, that much I know, but .... I'm still confused. I've tried Stealthing a couple of times but it didn't seem like it did much good ... I dunno. Can you Stealth in-combat? I noticed that taking damage doesn't necessarily drop you out of Stealth ... maybe I just need to practice with it a bit, it's not really like playing an EQ2 Rogue at all .....

Anyway, thanx much.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • dagurasudagurasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can re-stealth at any time regardless of combat status once the bar just to the left of your character is full again.

At-Wills(left and right mouse clicks) will not drop you from stealth.
    Some enounters(skills/powers) will end stealth upon use, others wont and will expressly say that they wont unstealth you.
    Being in stealth gives combat advantage for the duration.
    Taking damage doesn't remove you from stealth(afaik, I've never run into a situation where I've been pulled out of stealth by taking any kind of damage).

Feel free to post any other questions and I'll try and answer them.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can re-stealth at any time regardless of combat status once the bar just to the left of your character is full again.

Some enounters(skills/powers) will end stealth upon use, others wont and will expressly say that they wont unstealth you.
    Taking damage doesn't remove you from stealth(afaik, I've never run into a situation where I've been pulled out of stealth by taking any kind of damage).

Feel free to post any other questions and I'll try and answer them.

Thanx, very helpful. I guess I just need to practice with the skill more; Stealthing was a LOT easier with over-powered Scouts in EQ2 ;)
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • thlaylirahthlaylirah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Is this the same in PvP as well? I swear I was getting instantly taken out of stealth several times in pvp when I tried it. I know some of the skills do unstealth you but I felt like when they hit me I would unstealth or they saw me (wizard being able to force choke me while I was stealthed and I came out of it while choked comes to mind).
    .gif.gif.gif.gif
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thlaylirah wrote: »
    Is this the same in PvP as well? I swear I was getting instantly taken out of stealth several times in pvp when I tried it. I know some of the skills do unstealth you but I felt like when they hit me I would unstealth or they saw me (wizard being able to force choke me while I was stealthed and I came out of it while choked comes to mind).

Yes, taking damage will reduce your stealth bar while stealthed. The harder you are hit, the more of your stealth bar you lose. There is a passive you can slot that reduces the effect that taking damage has on your stealth time, called tenacious concealment. At 3 points it reduces stealth lost to damage by 90%

While not stealthed, taking damage will cause your stealth bar to stop regenerating for a short period of time.
  • tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013

People can see you in stealth if your right next to em
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't right next to them when I stealthed. I was reading in some other threads that if someone has you targeted and you go stealth they can still hit you because they see your red ring. Kinda bull****, I think, but whatevs. I'm not really a pvper anyway so I doubt it will make much difference in the long run.

Xantris -> Maybe that was it. Just seemed like I couldn't stay in stealth for anything...as soon as I stealthed something happened and I was visible again. lol
    .gif.gif.gif.gif
  • hearsticlesicushearsticlesicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't right next to them when I stealthed. I was reading in some other threads that if someone has you targeted and you go stealth they can still hit you because they see your red ring. Kinda bull****, I think, but whatevs. I'm not really a pvper anyway so I doubt it will make much difference in the long run.

Xantris -> Maybe that was it. Just seemed like I couldn't stay in stealth for anything...as soon as I stealthed something happened and I was visible again. lol

A lot of good players (CW especially) will aoe/pushback if they think someone is stealthed near them which will probably break your stealth.

The best way to dish out great damage while remaining stealthed in PvP is to land a volley of Cloud of Steel on them. The range of the daggers is nice, and the damage is great even without Mocking Knave feated.

I prefer running builds in PvP without using Lashing Blade. Lashing Blade builds are a one-trick pony and easily defeated 1v1 once you know how to dodge the one big hit.

Impossible to Catch - Dazing Strike - Path of the Blade ftw.

Or, if you want to be even more of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and can manage your stealth better, replace Dazing with Impact Shot. It's nice killing things from ranged and usually they'll only need 1-3 more hits after you land a full stack of Cloud of Steel on them.
    edited May 2013
    I'll keep that in mind as I play Hearsticlesicus. As I said, I'm not much of a pvper anyway but I do, occasionally, like to have a little fun with it. I'm not very high level yet either (I play the character only with my husband who doesn't have a lot of time to play anyway) and so I don't know how much chance I'll get to pvp anyway until I can scrounge some money up for more char slots (other slot is taken up by a char I only play with a friend and he doesn't get to play much either lol).
    .gif.gif.gif.gif
  • grokit4chgrokit4ch Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When your ennemy are dazed, don't enter in stealth, just hit them. When the daze finish, enter in stealth and deal damages with your at-will powers. When the stealth is near the end, use an encounter power to deal high damages or do specific things (like slowing your enemies and stuff, it depends of the skill you use). After that, daze your enemies once more.

By avoiding the enemies' hits, you'll regenerate your stealth bar faster. Learn to dodge and don't stealth while some enemies are dazed... And don't use skills with a glowing blue "+" when your stealth begin, use them at the end of your stealth timer.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stealth is simply used to gain combat advantage. I dont pvp much but in pve the way i use stealth is like this. I run up to the tough mob in the group ignoring the adds let the GWF or CW handle those. I do the first two swings of Duelist fury then right before i do the flurry part i go stealth then right before that stealth runs out i use bait and switch do another Duelist fury then i use Lashing blade right before that stealth runs out then i use shadow strike. By this point i am able to use a daily normaly on trash at this point i use shocking execution on a boss fight i would use lurkers.
  • kdevillkdevill Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    Yes, taking damage will reduce your stealth bar while stealthed. The harder you are hit, the more of your stealth bar you lose. There is a passive you can slot that reduces the effect that taking damage has on your stealth time, called tenacious concealment. At 3 points it reduces stealth lost to damage by 90%

While not stealthed, taking damage will cause your stealth bar to stop regenerating for a short period of time.

Oh **** that passive that reduces stealth loss has no effect when you are out of stealth?
  • tecmowookietecmowookie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in PvE just blow all your encounters so they are on cd then stealth up and wack them with duelists flurry
    OR stealth then duelists flurry until 1 sliver of stealth bar left then use an encounter for the extra damage

in PvP stealth and open with dazing strike
    if you take damage your stealth meter goes down... so if you dont stealth and start taking damage then you will not be able to stealth until it recovers
  • feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    This is the first MMO ever in which I've simply not gotten, AT ALL, how to use Stealth.

I'm feeling pretty terri-bad about this, too, because I figure it can't be as difficult as it appears to be, so maybe I'm just dense. I'm good with that, I don't mind learning!

Anyway, if someone could explain how I'm suppose to use it ... MTIA!

Ah don't fret, I am also a tiefling rogue and struggled leveling and speccing, but I still enjoy it immensely.

As long as you have fun it doesn't matter really that much :)
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)