test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trading reviews!

expiratexpirat Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Trading reviews!
Hey guys. I'd like to start another quest review trading thread. I will play / rate / review any of your quests that are posted here providing they are manageable solo (even if challenging.)

Of course, I'd expect you to try mine out as well!

Post your quest info here.

Mine -
Name:Elderlock Deeps
ID: NW-DLMMM9UBE
#Combat, #Story

Soloable but will take some care. Especially at higher levels.
Lots of combat! Also has some puzzles, lore.
Unt1itled.jpg
Post edited by expirat on

Comments

• Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Six postings of the same thing in this thread? /reported. Quit spamming.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    jkotchjkotch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright, I'll take you up on your offer. Hopefully it is still good. I really need some reviews on mine.

All I Wanted Was A Drink (NW-DUAPDDXWP)
    It is still in for review, which makes it a little harder to find.
    You can do a search for Mysterious Portal (one of my older ones), subscribe to it, and my new one will show up under subscribed.
    I look forward to your feedback!

I'm going to go start yours right now.

By the way, it is #combat, #story
    Just difficult enough for me to consider it hard for one but not unrealistically. The story is intended to be epic, and a bit of a struggle.
  • Options
    slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll do yours. Mine is in my sig.
  • Options
    jkotchjkotch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is having the glitch right now where it has disappeared from my journal on the last step. I will rate it as soon as it comes back.

Notes:
    Loved the lion statue/ice part
    Thank you for showing me how to handle long areas with only one respawn point! Awesome!
    Some very unique (and deadly) monsters in there
    A little anti-climactic at the end.
    Wonderful good old fashioned dungeon crawl with puzzles and all that.
    Might be a little long for some.

Once again, don't forget to review mine please! See above.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OK, slaids, I'll do yours too, if you'll check mine out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Slaid, I just scrolled though the whole darn list... I found A noble's plea, A simple request, and about a dozen others like it, but not yours... di you have any other foundry missions that have passed review yet? so I can subscribe and find it that way?
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    Deleting info.
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    I spent over an hour soloing this. I haven't been this angry in a long time. I can't give you a review because at the end of your dungeon you put a portal right next to the final boss encounter, which unlike your other 2 portals (which teleport you to a campfire right next to the only friendly NPC in the dungeon) instead teleports you back to Protector's Enclave, autofailing and deleting the mission.

If I could have finished it I'd have given it a 2/5. Combat encounters are almost all of the "why is this so hard" variety. I died more trying to solo this place than I think I have so far in the entire game up to this point (I'm level 55.) Two encounters were actually impossible to solo without constant kiting and potion use. I went through 60 total potions for no reward.

All the lore and NPC dialogues were so rife with spelling and grammatical errors that I wonder if you actually wrote this post. There was an awful lot of lore sprinkled around, but less than half of it had any meaningful impact on the dungeon itself. The very first objective has a trap in front of it that can permanently lock you in place. There are numerous objectives that are impossible to complete unless you kill mobs on the other side of a wall in an area you can't get to (the big one was at the ice blockade), so you just have to stand against the wall and hope they get close enough for your attacks to hit them so that you can interact with nearby objects. You failed to put in quest markers for a couple objectives, so unless you memorize where everything is, you have no way to tell if you are making progress. There are three objectives that point to a spot where you need to do something with an object that you don't have unless you double back and search the areas you have already been to in hopes of spotting something (which twice were hidden behind large walls or objects.

The only reason I wouldn't give this a 1/5 is because you did some interesting things with graphical effects- the lion statue breathing fire, for instance. But this is one of those instances where you had great ideas but followed through with terrible, terrible execution. I'd say this could be a viable quest if you put in another 20+ hours of work refining it. Until then, I would rather saw my left hand off than play it again.
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any cave can lead to Adventure: NW-DQF4T7QYH It's published and no longer locked, feel free to test the first 2 wings of the first in my Dungeon Delve campaign. Hoping to have the full dungeon finished by Friday. There is no "over arching" story but rather a dungeon you stumble upon that has it's own narrative. Again it is only about half done, with the major boss encounter, and at least 1 full wing of the dungeon still closed off to players.

It's only at a test stage, so expect it to be a bit short. Also please be brutally honest with any holes or issues.

I'll head in to play yours right after dinner.

I'll give yours a play after maintenance.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll play it as soon as the servers get up.
    Mine is in signature. I'd be happy if you could return the favor :)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n