test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will an MMO ever launch without early exploit farmers/levelers again?

acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the topic says...

I know the last several MMO's I've played have had 2 different player bases... those that knew about the exploit, went straight to max level and farmed all the best gear, and those of us that did not cheat our way to the top (also known as those who didn't hear about the exploit until it was fixed).

Foundry exploits, gwf exploits, bots, who knows what else... this game is in beta and it's already ruined for anyone that wants to level and farm gear legitimately and not have their economy and sense of accomplishment ruined by all who exploited.
Post edited by acwhistler on

Comments

• Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's ok. It's open beta.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    RIP Neverwinter, RIP Patch of Exile

both games dead now
  • Options
    llllllllll42llllllllll42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's already done.

Neverwinter will never be equal from this point forward. The players that have hundreds of millions AD now will forever, FOREVER, control the economy as they see fit.
  • Options
    smilinreapsmilinreap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's the price of having the new open beta system which has no char wipe. This is why they shouldn't call it an open beta but instead an early release.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's already done.

Neverwinter will never be equal from this point forward. The players that have hundreds of millions AD now will forever, FOREVER, control the economy as they see fit.

quote for the truth
  • Options
    xermxerm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's already done.

This, thanks to the exploits the Trade House is now officially pointless for anyone that hasn't exploited the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the game.

The only way to play this game now is to totally ignore the Trade House, /zone chat, PvP, and random groups.
  • Options
    acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a founder, I'd like my money back. This is not unlike purchasing any other product and consumers should have some protection from companies taking their money and not supporting the game as consumers expect. There might as well just be a large middle finger when I log in that reboots my computer.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's already done.

Let's not get carried away. If 50,000 people refine just 10,000 AD per day, over the next year that will put 182 billion AD into the economy. The exploiters may be sitting pretty for now (and that's assuming they don't get banned,) but in the long run, it's not that big a deal.

And before anyone mentions that they haven't been banned yet - STO had a similar situation where an exploit led to some people having millions of illicitly gained in-game currency. It took Cryptic a while, but they did track them down and ban them.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    mushr00mstampmushr00mstamp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW! While I personally don't use exploits, there will ALWAYS be people in EVERY gamethat find <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the armor and take advantage, ALWAYS.

What I don't get is why/how this effects you at all. I still feel the same about my stuff because I earned. It doesn't matter what other players are doing. They are just robbing themselves. Just don't understand why you care so much what other people do. Unless you just don't want other people having the same stuff as you, which is kinda sad.
  • Options
    lyko84lyko84 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acwhistler wrote: »
    As the topic says...

As long as they'll be stupid enough to not treat a Beta like a Beta....no.
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ofc not.
    Because video games.
  • Options
    paidkillapaidkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its the same people every mmo. They just cant/refuse to play the game how its intended. Did WoW create these little monsters? Is it the new self entilted gen? who knows. But i remember playing Daoc for years and people played for fun, and dealt with game loot properly. Sadly those days are over. This game is tainted beyond repair, by the same group of people as always.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    WOW! While I personally don't use exploits, there will ALWAYS be people in EVERY gamethat find <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the armor and take advantage, ALWAYS.

What I don't get is why/how this effects you at all. I still feel the same about my stuff because I earned. It doesn't matter what other players are doing. They are just robbing themselves. Just don't understand why you care so much what other people do. Unless you just don't want other people having the same stuff as you, which is kinda sad.

I enjoy obtaining items that are "rare", or hard to get. If everyone and their dog can have one their is absolutely no point in farming endlessly for something that the exploiters already flooded the market with. It removes all sense of accomplishment from the game. Every good drop you ever get in this game will be worth NOTHING. They already have thousands of them. Might as well add a 4th loot option... "Who Cares, Economy Broke".
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem I see is the Suits issue. The people who invest the money want their return at certain date BUT the problem is that ANY game will have bugs. These bugs WERE reported internally close beta, but wasn't fix until release.

The problem gotten worst when "open beta" is not beta for NWN. It was "soft release" It shouldn't have been. Zen shop should still be close and let people test the system in Open Beta. If this was the case, then the devs could have fix it and do one more wipe and do a "release" version.

But since money is an issue, we got "soft release/open beta" real money are now mix into it and probably don't have the code/system in place to even do a wipe even if they want it (technically PWE COULD do it since it is "open beta")
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's ok. It's open beta. Exactly!
  • Options
    mushr00mstampmushr00mstamp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you sound like an elitist judging your own self worth based on what others have/don't have. I feel sorry for you.

I work for my stuff and it doesn't make me feel any less accomplished if others have the same stuff. It's sad you can't feel worthy without making sure "your lessers" don't have what you have.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fun is gone
  • Options
    truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're acting like exploits don't happen in every MMO. Sure its annoying/aggravating but it isn't something new.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestige321 wrote: »
    It's ok. It's open beta. Exactly!

Heh, back in the day, open beta = wipe before release :)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Heh, back in the day, open beta = wipe before release :)

Yeah but that was way before companies started becoming greedy and games were a form of art companies could be proud of rather than just a cash grab.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    truegamer0 wrote: »
    You're acting like exploits don't happen in every MMO. Sure its annoying/aggravating but it isn't something new.

I'm pretty sure the topic and first post say exactly that... they are happening in every game, major exploits that ruin the entire economy. Sure, we had some exploits back in the days of EQ... but not like this. The devs cared, banned the exploiters, banned the people who took gear and money from them to launder it, and then banned their moms for buying them the game. Heck, even the player run emulator project99 servers have better bot, dupe, and exploit control than this and they don't make a dime.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This isn't limited to MMO's either. Any fps you pick up is just as bad the day after its released. CoD's, Battlefield's, Ghost Recon Online... hacked, hacked, hacked.