test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Million mile an hour Zone chat

psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Something needs to be done about the Zone chat in protector's enclave. cant use it due to the excessive WTS/WTB/WTT messages, ppl spamming same thing 3 - 10 times in hope someone might actully be able to read it. worst thing is, if someone actully manages to find someone to sell or finds something they want to buy off another player they will then proceed to the auction house and use it to do the transaction (if selling for AD) if WTT then fair enough cant do trades through the AH. Talked to many people about it, i along with some of these people have tried advertiseing a Auction channel and people are reluctant in useing it. I come from dragon shard/server and dont know if have the same problem on other shards/server's, if so god help us all once the 3 shards/server's are merged into one.

One way can think of resolveing this problem is to create a new area The Trade district, so players can go and spam happily all day long and not sell things there an leave protectos enclave for people LFG or just random banter. In Everquest (i know realy old game) they had same problem in zone just off Freeport, so they created the bazaar

Hope this can be sorted soon because Zone chat realy grinds my gears when needing to turn it on to LF players/groups,
Post edited by psycadelica on

Comments

• Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You just need to start muting people. It's tough work at the start but after some time it will slow down.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I turned off Zone chat 10 minutes after launch.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just put any double poster on ignore immediately. It slows it down quite a bit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    but if i do this, after so long i will have the majority of server on ignore, finding groups then be less chance than is now with the zone chat as it is
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Adding a chat channel will not change anything just give teh spammers a new place to fill up. The first thing I did when I got on was turn off zone chat. Second thing was to join a guild. I only have guild chat, say and system messages on. Zone chat is totally worthless but at least you don't have to pay to use it.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it would be nice if zone chat for starting area/city, had it's very own unselect box, so you could turn off just that 1 zone chat, but have all other zone chats work if you switch to a difrent zone
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, you can make your chat box super big. Press Tab and you can control the flow of it and read it at your leisure.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feel free to join some of the custom channels that are around in the place of zone chat if you wish. At least they should be on-topic or oriented toward what you are looking for. If there isn't a custom channel out there for what you need and you feel like making an official open one, then let me know if you want it added to either of my guide locations.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just type out a word every other line....

How

do

I

ignore

spammers?

See...even scrolling fast you can read that!
  • Options
    rhumorrhumor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding a cooldown on reposting in a chat channel would work. I've played other MMO's that had this feature. A 30s cooldown before being able to repost would help with the spam.
  • Options
    majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    learn to read fast bro
  • Options
    giveadamngiveadamn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately I find it extremely likely people will continue to spam general chat with their continual trade-seeking, party-seeking and guild-seeking regardless of how many other, more effective and convenient systems are in place to reduce the issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nothing wrong with the LFG thats every 15 WTS's, and Llooking for guild is every 100 WTS's, know there is an auction channel, ppl just to **** STUPID to use
  • Options
    nightbournnightbourn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a trade channel did exist, all it would take is an ounce of moderation in terms of a temp ban hammer to keep trade spam out of zone chat.

And turning off Zone is not a good solution. It can be useful if used properly.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I've never been one to use Zone chat in main places in single shard games just for this problem, however they do need a sell channel and they do need to limit how often someone can post.
  • Options
    unblessedhandunblessedhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    My solution to this is to use guild, party, and custom channel chat exclusively.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something needs to be done about the Zone chat in protector's enclave. cant use it due to the excessive WTS/WTB/WTT messages, ppl spamming same thing 3 - 10 times in hope someone might actully be able to read it. worst thing is, if someone actully manages to find someone to sell or finds something they want to buy off another player they will then proceed to the auction house and use it to do the transaction (if selling for AD) if WTT then fair enough cant do trades through the AH. Talked to many people about it, i along with some of these people have tried advertiseing a Auction channel and people are reluctant in useing it. I come from dragon shard/server and dont know if have the same problem on other shards/server's, if so god help us all once the 3 shards/server's are merged into one.

One way can think of resolveing this problem is to create a new area The Trade district, so players can go and spam happily all day long and not sell things there an leave protectos enclave for people LFG or just random banter. In Everquest (i know realy old game) they had same problem in zone just off Freeport, so they created the bazaar

Hope this can be sorted soon because Zone chat realy grinds my gears when needing to turn it on to LF players/groups,

Yup, zone chat is terrible. Only reason I am in the town is to check my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the AH and clean out my bags. Takes me all of 5 seconds to find a group for T2's as a cleric so I never have to deal with it really. They need to bring in more major cities in the future. I wish they would bring in a LFG channel also, that way I would never actually have to step foot in the city, unless I wanted to do AH stuff.
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something they could do perhaps is to link zone chat to a set group of instances.....so set 1-10 are in 1 zone chat group, set 11-20 are in another zone group chat etc etc. It wouldn't stop people spamming but it would help to slow things down a bit.
  • Options
    fearthemajorfearthemajor Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see official trade, LFG, and advice channels and to be moderated at the least be reportable if spamming wts and lfg in zone or advice channels, because having these channels wont make a difference if there is no consequences for spamming those channels
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can set up rights for the custom channels and still use the report spam functions....
  • Options
    nicknameschmicknamenicknameschmickname Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just report the spammers and go about your business. Reporting them auto ignores them as well.