test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Click?NEED OR GREED?LOOT SYSTEM

raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
HI.!

so guys what are the calculation system of how to get items loot?

and whats make the difference betwwen greed and need?
Post edited by raynkeyyzzzzz on

Comments

• Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    IDK. I just click NEED if I need it and GREED if I dont and PASS if my inventory is full.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    none since every item is Bind on Equip which means sooner or later you can just buy all your loot off the AH and not play through dungeons and whatever other crappy systems they have in place.

It's PWE.
  • Options
    mltdwnmltdwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    none since every item is Bind on Equip which means sooner or later you can just buy all your loot off the AH and not play through dungeons and whatever other crappy systems they have in place.

It's PWE.

Except prior to the tiered gear at lvl 60 everything that pretty much drops in the dungeon drops in the open world. There are only a couple of blue items per class that drop in the dungeon but those are generally replaced anyways I found at the same rate, and can also be gotten from turning in bounties. They aren't THAT much better than the greens, and I think I had a grand total of 5 blue items the entire way up to 60 (all from open world drops) and still replaced them at about the same rate as greens with greens which were significantly better, roughly every 3-5 levels.

as for what I do, if the item is something my class can use I hit need, if not greed, if full in inventory (which is rarely) pass. Since everyone seems to do dungeons like ADD riddled kids who just fed on a nice big bowl of crack I rarely have time to even inspect the item to see if it is an upgrade.
  • Options
    hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »

It's PWE.
    Kind of like every single MMO ever.

If you want top tier gear you are going to need to do dungeons, like every MMO ever. As for the system simply Greed/Pass on gear you can't use and Need on gear that you can.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mltdwn wrote: »
    Except prior to the tiered gear at lvl 60 everything that pretty much drops in the dungeon drops in the open world. There are only a couple of blue items per class that drop in the dungeon but those are generally replaced anyways I found at the same rate, and can also be gotten from turning in bounties. They aren't THAT much better than the greens, and I think I had a grand total of 5 blue items the entire way up to 60 (all from open world drops) and still replaced them at about the same rate as greens with greens which were significantly better, roughly every 3-5 levels.

as for what I do, if the item is something my class can use I hit need, if not greed, if full in inventory (which is rarely) pass. Since everyone seems to do dungeons like ADD riddled kids who just fed on a nice big bowl of crack I rarely have time to even inspect the item to see if it is an upgrade.

hhahaha ADD kids! So true.
  • Options
    arkisricarkisric Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question here. If you NEED when your character can't use it, is that against the rules? If an items worth a lot i'd want it to sell it in the auction. I wouldn't do it for regular items but if it's a top tier then I do need it. Can't find any play rules and not an MMO gamer before.
  • Options
    nicknameschmicknamenicknameschmickname Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The rolling system in this game is awful, we roll on a whole bunch of unidentified items that we don't even know if it's an upgrade. This promotes the "need on anything I can use" mentality and not the "need on things that are upgrades" mentality. Soon, the entire game will just be ninjas rolling need even on gear they cannot use.
  • Options
    solacefflsolaceffl Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The rolling system in this game is awful, we roll on a whole bunch of unidentified items that we don't even know if it's an upgrade. This promotes the "need on anything I can use" mentality and not the "need on things that are upgrades" mentality. Soon, the entire game will just be ninjas rolling need even on gear they cannot use.

Implying this doesn't already happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I always PASS on items my character can't use except for blue or purple. My gear is still not good enough to do most of the epic dungeons. What I really want to know is is it illegal if you need a purple one item and your character can't use it? Nearly every group i've done dungeons with are cool on regular stuff ie pass if their character can't use it and when it get to the main items choose NEED. Had one person say they could really use a sword i won for their companion and as they asked nicely I gave it to them. Just had a person complain when I got a purple but as they were swearing at me and complaining etc didn't offer it to them.But I don't want to do anything against the rules so....Is it?
  • Options
    sarcon89sarcon89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    on a top tier item if the class is present and it is an upgrade for them then they should be the ONLY ones rolling need for it. rolling need on something you cant use (with exception of crafting materials/enchant shards) is poor manners. you wouldn't want someone rolling need and stealing a upgrade for you would you?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I honestly don't mind as it's random. Stealing is not the right word. It's an item that randomly goes to someone. If there are two other cW's and one of them gets an item have they stolen from me. No. If they're not the right class that doesn't make it theft. It's random loot.If I don't get an item no prob I play again and hope for better luck and good on whoever got lucky. but I do know what you mean. It just seems strange that when you have so much in the game costing large amount of AD's and you have an auction house where one item can get you loads. Not to try and get such a high end item seems strange. Well maybe that's just me. Anyway I'll check with the group next time to make sure people are fine with it if they're not I won't. Though people need to lighten up, it's just a game.