test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bugs/Suggestions

capt0bv10u5capt0bv10u5 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Questing:
[1] I don't know if it was intential, but I love that I can go back and redo the quests my friends are doing to help them and run with them. This way if I get a zone ahead of them, I can double back and help catch them up. However, some of the quests don't share again, and I can't seem to find a reason for it. It almost seems random, to be honest.
[2] I don't like the new bug (I hope it's a bug) where I'm off selling things to a vendor or looking at my powers/feats and my team member is off talking to a quest NPC and all of a sudden my view is stolen to read what they're reading. This interrupts what I'm doing, and I may have already done the quest, or he's just getting a head start on something. There's no reason to force everyone in the group to read what I'm reading.

General Client:
[3] I would love to be able to log out of one character without having to log back into the game. I'm not sure I understand this feature, it can't be a security thing. This would be a great help in generic happiness amongst a large portion of players, I think. Plus I feel like it couldn't be that hard to implement.

Gameplay, Groups:
[4] I know we don't exactly need it because chests are almost all shared, but a /roll command would be nice for groups/teams. Mostly I'd like it so my guild can roll on the profession nodes that aren't represented by our group (i.e.: all the Nature nodes, the Arcana nodes if we're missing a Control Wizard for that run, etc.). When I used /roll, it rolled a 0 every time. If I typed "/roll 5" it modified the command to always roll 5. But this is a personal system message and not a party mechanic. If we could have something like this it would be great.

Gateway:
[5] While not something that I "require" it would be nice if we had an app for the Gateway. I like the desktop site, but the mobile site is a little tedious sometimes on my touchscreen. If we had a working app (that sent push notifications and the like) we could manage our professions from anywhere with ease. Granted we can for the most part now, but that one extra bit would be nice. It gets hard keeping up with who has the ten minute task and who has the two hour task and who has the 25 minute task. Maybe something akin to the Mobile Armory from WoW that would also let me talk to my guild via my mobile? Some of this is obviously bigger than needs to be addressed in the beta, but are great thoughts. Sometimes a feature that isn't game-changing, but is just nice to have, will make people happy enough while you finish figuring out the exploits and bugs.

Gameplay, Guilds:
[6] I would like to also see a feature for the guild banks that allow you to deposit or donate Astral Diamonds as well as the base gold currency. Or a feature that allows you to buy tabs for lage amounts of gold. This way we can all donate and contribute to the guild bank individually and at our own pace. As it stands in my guild I have bought a tab and another member has bought a tab. But if we could all pool each day, we could buy more tabs more often.
[7] I'm sure it's been screamed from every corner of the forums and the game and twitter and facebook, but guild halls would be nice. Maybe something the guild leader can make based on the amound of gold and/or astral diamonds in the vault. Kind of a sub-foundry that is accessable by the Guild Leader to buy and build, then available for all the guild members to enter. Perhaps allow rooms that only certain ranks can get in.

Gameplay, General:
[8] Couriers! I'm not asking for a mail courier every twenty yards like WoW ended up with. I'm fine with keeping them sparse, that makes sense. Carrier pigeons or whatever could explain how I get letters, but the items I recieve in the mail I need someone to bring it to me (unless it's a coconut carried by a swallow or two, in which case it could happen!). But I think having one Courier in each of the primary map zones would make sense. Right outside the Broken Tower, at the base camp in Nerverdeath Graveyard, etc. would ease the pain of having to run to and fro each zone just to pick up an item or send off one I just picked up. I know the fear is that it might make it easier to exploit as "free bank" storage, but at the same time I would mean I don't have to fight with the options of vendoring an item (that would be good for an alternate character or a friend that isn't online) and running back to Protector's Enclave just to make another toon happy.

Character Sheet:
[9] When comparing my weapons or rings it would be great to be able to either see both at once or use a modifier key to swap to the second item. So maybe I'm comparing a ring to the right hand and I hold shift and it swaps my compare to the left? Something along those lines so I don't have to open my character window everytime I have a new ring or dagger that looks like it might be better on my Rogue.
[10] It would be nice to see a "dressing room" kind of thing. I know most of the clothing and armor is pretty well similar, but there are minor differences sometimes. If I wanted to see what an item was going to look like, there's no reason I should be forced to bind it to my character. Say what you want, trolls, but this is still a Role Playing Game, and sometimes I just want to look good. I understand we have a whole seperate outfit, but sometimes I want my armor to be part of the RP.
Post edited by capt0bv10u5 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Forgot one; added number 8
  • Options
    tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good suggestions! 3 and 8 are the high ones on my list. As far as sharing the quests, there are some that are race or class specific. Those are never shareable.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tirwen1 wrote: »
    As far as sharing the quests, there are some that are race or class specific. Those are never shareable.

Oh I know, I was more referring to an occassion when I couldn't share the first quest in a chain, but I could share the third. The person that was running with me had done the whole zone on that character already, so it made no sense to me. I'm sure it's a random issue that will either fix itself or I'll learn to get over, haha.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thought of additional things,; added 9 and 10
  • Options
    firelyfirely Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another suggestion - make the game starts with ENTER key (at character selection screen).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    firely wrote: »
    Another suggestion - make the game starts with ENTER key (at character selection screen).

That might be a coding issue with interface and input options. And they could argue that one as a security feature . . . techincally speaking it's easier to recreate keystrokes than mouseclicks. Not saying the latter can't be done, or hasn't been done, just that it's not as simple. I don't disagree that I'd like it better, but seeing as half your gameplay is mouse-based already, what's an extra three seconds?
  • Options
    tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, a preview for equipment would be nice, too. Nothing like picking up new clothes and finding they're ugly :/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tirwen1 wrote: »
    Yes, a preview for equipment would be nice, too. Nothing like picking up new clothes and finding they're ugly :/

We all just want to feel pretty, after all! Haha