test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Broken Mechanics

n8rush05n8rush05 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm sorry, but this has to be said. I am running t2 dungeons with my guild atm; we are in the pirate lair. I have NEVER seen such broken dungeon mechanics in all of my years in mmo's. First off, every single boss fight is more or less the same thing. You dodge the same red circles while being swarmed by adds. Now, that sounds simple enough in theory, but the adds will continuously respawn when you kill them, or if you don't kill them. Essentially no matter how you treat adds, you are going to get swarmed. This wouldn't be a huge deal IF there was a working aggro mechanic. The guardian can literally shout off every single taunt they have, but if I throw a single hot as a cleric, they all swarm me. Now, this wouldn't be a huge deal if said adds acted as adds and not semi-mini bosses that they are. They seem to all have either way too much damage or way too much health, one or the other.

Bottom line is this...Has anyone successfully completed one of the "mob-swarm" dungeons, if so with what and how? I am all for things being difficult and fight mechanics being something to learn, but c'mon..as it is, dropping 20+ mobs onto broken aggro is a little absurd.
:cool:
Post edited by n8rush05 on

Comments

• Options
    solacefflsolaceffl Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only adds I haven't been able to tank (For a very long time) as a Cleric so far are the Wolves from Wolf Den last boss when players get cleaved. Other than that I've been able to tank pretty much everything else using Divine Astral Shield.

Edit: Also Divine Forgemasters Flames helps as well.
  • Options
    endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Two Clerics and two Wizards could 4 man any dungeon in the entire game.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another player discovered that if the Cleric takes off all of their equipment once they enter a dungeon and then puts it back on that their aggro is significantly reduced. Devs have been made aware.

Give that a shot for now. Regardless it needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Two Clerics and two Wizards could 4 man any dungeon in the entire game.

So could a single GF.

In fact, here is proof:
    lulz.jpg
  • Options
    endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    So could a single GF.

In fact, here is proof:
    lulz.jpg

Without bugs/exploits.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually managed to get 3 chests within a single Dungeon Delve event. We finished the 2nd run with 3 minutes left on the Delve event and we queued up again for another chest.

We normally do Spider, Frozen Heart and Pirate for the Delve event because they are the easiest ones. With 2 clerics, 2 cws and 1 rogue you can just steamroll through content. Sadly having a guardian in your team is a MAJOR hinderance right now, unless he's using the "Valiant Warrior" armor set as the 4-set piece bonus is bugged and allows Guardians to 1-shot every mob and every boss. Once they patch that Valiant Warrior armor set, guardians will be useless once more.

If you have 2 CWs, it's really easy to control the adds, but even with a good CW it's still pretty easy. When I did 3 Tier 2s during a single Delve I was the only CW.

I see pugs where the cleric gets 1-shotted by mobs or people don't know how to move out of red circles, so, it's more about good players than it is about adds and boss mechanics.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Without bugs/exploits.

Aaah, lol well you should have stated that. I digress then.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aaah, lol well you should have stated that. I digress then.

Also, the 58 million in the astrial diamonds is photoshop'd in.
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Without bugs/exploits.

Such thing isn't feasible, given that Astral Shield stacks so hard it's not even funny.
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also, the 58 million in the astrial diamonds is photoshop'd in.

I don't think so. Before the guys site went down, he had dozens of pictures and his guide on how to be an NWN "pro player". The ******* actually tried to further profit from this by trying to sell his exploit guide.

He even had a short lived video that had him with over 70mil AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wormgas wrote: »
    Such thing isn't feasible, given that Astral Shield stacks so hard it's not even funny.

Abilities from the same class stacking is clearly by design, most noticeably because everything that classes can share stacks, and there are UI elements to support this which had to be manually created by programmers/artists (Stacking crit buffs from Rogues is a good example).

But I agree the statement itself is flawed because every class has a massive bug list.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't think so. Before the guys site went down, he had dozens of pictures and his guide on how to be an NWN pro player.

He even had a short lived video that had him with over 70mil AD.

The original photo is from another topic with the exact same items and AD total, minus the 58 million.

Also the font is smaller, with less spacing in-between the numbers.

And because of the pixels, and I've seen many shops in my day.
  • Options
    n8rush05n8rush05 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see pugs where the cleric gets 1-shotted by mobs or people don't know how to move out of red circles, so, it's more about good players than it is about adds and boss mechanics.

I kind of take offense to that as I have been playing clerics in mmo's since the early 90's. I have a bit of experience "keeping people alive". I like to think of myself as "pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> good". First off, no matter how high you get your recovery, there are only so many circles you can avoid. Then it comes down to straight running...which is silly.

For the record my healing set up is "Astral Shield, Healing Word, FMF" Then Sacred flame and Astral Seal as at will. Every stat point I have is geared toward healing/buffing, lowering aggro, and gaining divine power. 9300 gs (I say this all because someone posted a "Hint" to use FMF.) I can heal and I can heal very well, but that does not help me when I get swarmed by 20 mobs and a tank that is unable to relieve aggro.
    :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The original photo is from another topic with the exact same items and AD total, minus the 58 million.

Also the font is smaller, with less spacing in-between the numbers.

And because of the pixels, and I've seen many shops in my day.

Pretty sure it's legit because he showed proof of him selling 80+ million AD to *website censored*, and leaving himself with like 300K, just to start the process again/waiting for more gear to sell.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure it's legit because he showed proof of him selling 80+ million AD to *website censored*, and leaving himself with like 300K, just to start the process again/waiting for more gear to sell.

Not legit.

http://i.imgur.com/LW94B9j.png

Notice the bottom right.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not legit.

Notice the bottom right.

Less and different items in that one. I think I saw that pic as well.

But whatever, that's still a lot of hacking and he is picking up 31K more AD every few minutes through sales.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Less and different items in that one.

But whatever, that's still a lot of hacking and he is picking up 31K more AD every few minutes through sales.

Are you serious? The inventory is literally identical. Literally. And the AD total is exactly the same, minus the extra 58 photoshop'd in, heh.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lulz.jpg

Not identical to:

Similar, but different.

Edit: Can't post the other image to compare.

Look closely at the overflow bag.

Also asked in guild chat, the AD look squished because that's how they do after 10, since the current cap is only 100 mil AD.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I play a GWF, and I am the solution to your constant add spam. I'm a walking add destroyer, and the waves expand no further than their spawn with just me. A CW with black hole helps as well, just in case Come and Get It and Slam aren't enough.

Guardian = Boss Attention
    Great Weapon Fighter = Everything Else Tank

Cleric threat is being looked at if the forums can be believed, but even as is it's very doable. Did it on my first try with a queue and at-level pug group.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lulz.jpg

Not identical to:

Similar, but different.

Edit: Can't post the other image to compare.

Look closely at the overflow bag.

Also asked in guild chat, the AD look squished because that's how they do after 10, since the current cap is only 100 mil AD.

I am looking closely at the overflow bag. It's exactly the same. I could literally list the items here if needed, lol.

And if the cap was 100 million, it would start squishing at 100 million, or after that amount. Notice as well how the diamond is really close to the 58, yet spaced out on the real photo.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lol. Look at the final row in the overflow column....

There is space for 2 items, right?

Look at your pic. Space for a LOT MORE items.

I am not blind here, lol. I looked.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lol. Look at the final row in the overflow column....

There is space for 2 items, right?

Look at your pic. Space for a LOT MORE items.

I am not blind here, lol. I looked.

Of course, but with the exact some items in every slot that is available in the two pictures except the extra 6 items. The chance of either A) Picking them up in the same order, or B) having them stay exactly the same, yet selling enough to gain 58 million AD, and miraculously, your AD total stays EXACTLY the same except for +58 million being added (And not gaining a single Nightmare Chest), all while the 58, for some reason, is a different font.

I'd be willing to bet my house that it's a photoshop, and nothing else :P You'd have to be pretty crazy to believe otherwise.
  • Options
    label94label94 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course, but with the exact some items in every slot that is available in the two pictures except the extra 6 items. The chance of either A) Picking them up in the same order, or B) having them stay exactly the same, yet selling enough to gain 58 million AD, and miraculously, your AD total stays EXACTLY the same except for +58 million being added (And not gaining a single Nightmare Chest), all while the 58, for some reason, is a different font.

I'd be willing to bet my house that it's a photoshop, and nothing else :P You'd have to be pretty crazy to believe otherwise.

Yea the one with 2 slots is a photoshop but that photo is legit. Videos out there prove it.
  • Options
    nahkhiirmees2000nahkhiirmees2000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    n8rush05 wrote: »
    Essentially no matter how you treat adds, you are going to get swarmed. This wouldn't be a huge deal IF there was a working aggro mechanic. The guardian can literally shout off every single taunt they have, but if I throw a single hot as a cleric, they all swarm me. Now, this wouldn't be a huge deal if said adds acted as adds and not semi-mini bosses that they are. They seem to all have either way too much damage or way too much health, one or the other.
    Thats one of the biggest downsides of the game. In theory best party setup would be 5dps with 5 tanke companions. Why?
    First, its totally waste of time even trying to tank / keep aggro to your self cause it cant be done, these guys just get the aggro again in next their attack and the boss will eventually dance around changing targets.
    Second.. POTIONS.
    As it is now, dont waste dps slot for tank and clerics shoudlnt be healing.

Things like these are more important than new ZEN items, especially items like the new tank companion :rolleyes:
    But I undestand that dead cows cant be milked, so new ZEN stuff will have high priority.

Im truly hoping that they dont screw this game up, for me its the best game since Warcraft 3.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    label94 wrote: »
    Yea the one with 2 slots is a photoshop but that photo is legit. Videos out there prove it.

Not all items are identical. I looked at 2 shots side by side.

Not Photoshopped. I asked around. Lots of other screenshots floating around, even one with him having 88,888,888. The caption he posted to that one was "fur teh lulz". I asked a guildee to give me a link to that one. He is looking right now.

Also the VIDEO he showed half of YouTube had him running around with over 900 million AD.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thats because u have to many GF running around who still think they can run as want and tank... Dps Gf can do more dps then party, and hold aggro 99% of time.
    But other then that the general rule of thumb is the DPS are supposed to help the cleric with the adds... Most people that are not exploiting have this down pat end game.
    Even then tho doesn't matter, there are a couple clerics that tank the entire game now, also a a few GWF that do. Even TR tank certain bosses.
    2 clerics shielding is even considered exploiting... OP wouldn't even come close to describing how it really is.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Look, the aggro of the add's don't matter if they're controlled and burned. If you're running dungeons with three rogues and no CW or GWF, or two rogues and missing your CW or GWF, you are going to suffer for it. If you don't take the classes that deal with add's, you don't finish the dungeon.

Even then, you might end up with a CW or a GWF that doesn't know WTF they're supposed to do in the dungeon or are using abilities that they use to solo burn single targets. They are doing it wrong. It's understandable in a game where you level up so fast you might only get one or two shots at the dungeon, people are still on their first run through the content. If I can do this instance with a PUG of at level people from the queue, there is no reason why your group of premades can't do it unless some of your people aren't pulling their weight or have misconceptions about what their role in a group is.

I run Come and Get It, Not So Fast, Daring Shout, Weapon Master Strike, Reaping Strike, Slam, and Savage Advance (Will trade for Cresendo next level, I'm 49 GWF.) Passives are Destroyer and Weapon Master and probably always will be.

Rotation is Come and Get it, Not So Fast, Daring Shout, WMS to Reaping Strike repeated to keep the debuff and stacks going until CaGI is off cool down. If the mobs already hate me, I drop CaGI, DS, then NSF to maximize the debuff damage increase on Not So Fast in an AoE. Reaping Strike crits like a beast if you keep your WMS debuff on them, and if you went destroyer it really lays down some hurt on bosses too. I think my highest crit on a boss was around 6.7k at level 48. It does less, but comparable, damage in an AoE arc.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    Thats because u have to many GF running around who still think they can run as want and tank... Dps Gf can do more dps then party, and hold aggro 99% of time.
    So basicly what your saying that there are too many GF running around who have picked feats and powers that should add to their threat and ability to keep aggro without knowing that these features were added to the game just to fool people to make wrong choises and buy reroll tokens?
    Could be, could be.. but i still vote for the broken mechanics.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    all while the 58, for some reason, is a different font.
    Its the same font just badly placed. The 5 and 8 were cut from the "507,108" which appears in both pictures.
  • Options
    marcosvecchinemarcosvecchine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, i'm a GF with all threat passives, 12k gs, 12k power with all passives on, close to 60% dmg reduction, "tanking" like a "real" tank and doing alot damage. Btw, with a t1 **** gear.