test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level 20! GWF :D

zenraijzenraij Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Ok so I thought I would post on my experiances with GWF.

I played a TR for awhile but decided to give the GWF a try. I have to say there are a couple places that I died on the GWF that I didnt break a sweat on as a TR. At all. You would think you would be putting out massive amounts of Dmg with a couple CCs but you dont. So I was burning through mana potions. Then I started opening up powers.

It wasnt so bad. Died a lot less with the amount of mobility I have (as compared to the 3 blink or deft strike). I love sprint haha.. Its just fun.

Then I decided to PvP dun dun dun. At first i was getting wrecked... I couldnt figure out what was going on but then I just decided to play my strengths. Its low level I know... I know! but at least in the -19 bracket, CWs Im going to eat you alive :D. Its kind of cute to watch. The first force grip or ice they get... then the rage meter builds! Break it and go ballistic.

A whole lot of fun :) Next up 21-30 :D
Post edited by zenraij on

Comments

• Options
    daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be interested in seeing what the rogue crits for and what the GWF crits for at any given level. I have my ideas but I haven't seen anything definitive.
    zenraij wrote: »

Then I decided to PvP dun dun dun. At first i was getting wrecked... I couldnt figure out what was going on but then I just decided to play my strengths.

Im level 34...I haven't found any strengths in PvP yet, unless you consider dying quickly a strength. I run out and I'm constantly either being cced by a wizard or being stunned by a rogue....
  • Options
    daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    daradal wrote: »
    Im level 34...I haven't found any strengths in PvP yet, unless you consider dying quickly a strength. I run out and I'm constantly either being cced by a wizard or being stunned by a rogue....

Then you're doing it wrong
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daedrac wrote: »
    Then you're doing it wrong

What Am I doing wrong then?
  • Options
    daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Unstoppable breaks all CC, and you're immune for the duration. If you're taking damage you can have it up every 3 seconds.

Earlier levels are bleh for GWF, but higher levels you get encounters that change the tide of fights.

I remembered this a little too late, but defense gives you power (assuming you put feats into it) and you should have quite a bit on your gear. I didn't, and got rolled. Recovery is a must.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daedrac wrote: »
    Unstoppable breaks all CC, and you're immune for the duration. If you're taking damage you can have it up every 3 seconds.

Earlier levels are bleh for GWF, but higher levels you get encounters that change the tide of fights.

I remembered this a little too late, but defense gives you power (assuming you put feats into it) and you should have quite a bit on your gear. I didn't, and got rolled. Recovery is a must.

I did just figure out that I can break CC with unstoppable. I was stacking power to get my damage up, but now I am shifting to crit and defense. I was trying for recovery but I can't seem to find a lot of stuff that has enough it to make a difference.