test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best companion for end game PVE Cleric (buffer?)

shammillshammill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
edited June 2013 in The Temple
It seem that these type of companion are the best but i can't really find any information on them except that people are complaining that they are Pay 2 Win.

IVe found 4 of them :

-Acolyte of Kelemvor
-Ioun Stone of Allure
-Cat
-Ioun Stone of Might

Anyone know a bit more info about those?

Thank
Post edited by shammill on

Comments

• gremmoregremmore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can only say Cat since that one i bought, if i remember 900k diamonds.
    It has 2 offence slots and 1 defence slot and you can add Neck/Belt/Ring (all opening at certain lvl, ring at lvl 25 = max).

Next to this the cat has a standard summoning bonus of Crit/recovery (i think :)... after that it's only giving the offence stats used in either gear/gems. So the defence slot doesn't even give anything for as far as i can see.

The cat itself does nothing, just well..being a cat.. but all the stats you put in the cat will be yours if you summon. As you can imagine with all gems lvl 5 and up and after a few dungeon delves runs T1 purple neck/belt/ring with crit/power/recovery you DO get some nice added stats.

Is this pay to win, well seeing you can gather diamonds very quickly still with certain crafted gear or getting many purples form instances (specially for the buggers out there) it's not pure pay to win. But i admit that 900k surely sounds a bit like it.
    Seeing you can buy some globe now for 2000 zen which does somewhat the same (might add all stats even!) it sounds a lot more to pay to win.... But all could get the cat even though it may take some time..

Hope this helps.
  • kaias2kaias2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cat > all

http://youtu.be/nS7o6wo1UBM (31:00)

Your cat can give you 108% off his statistics, it's like you're wearing 3more items...
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ioun Stone of Allure gives 100% of his statistics, and additional Power. I'll see if there's another stat it gives as well when I get home, but I'm thinking it's two "increased" stats for augments (different for each augment), with 100% stats.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Used the cat until they brought the blue stone out. They're basically identical (cat gives you a touch more crit/recovery passively). The major difference is the cat gets a belt slot, the stone gets a cleric offhand slot instead. I'd rather have 2 offhands than 2 belts.

The defense runestone, you put Eldritch in there, my stone gives me 109% of my items stats.
  • smacktrick5smacktrick5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While we are talking about companions, has anyone messed around with the non-stat boosting companions alot? Obviously none of them are as strong as the above mentioned 3 stat boosting pets, but I am curious if there is a way to make them pull their weight atleast in T1 epic runs or for whatever solo content you might end up doing. I've read that power stat actually does nothing for Phoera for example, and as the bird has no defense slots all you really can do is stack power/recovery/crit/arpen on him.
  • synalon1synalon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im using the panther that came with foundry for now and its pretty awesome, will have to look at the blue stone.
  • doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The blue stone is where its at for me.

Currently its around level 22 and it was a great investment. It never stands in the bad. It doesn't die and it gives me some nice buffs.
    Also I can easily interchange items if I want to try something different without having to impact my main character build. I can also share older items with it that I upgrade. So all in all it's a win. :-)
  • synalon1synalon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does it equate when the cat would be level 30 and the stone maxes out at 20 (or was it 25?), or do these not mean much
  • kaeolithkaeolith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people use stat boosting companions since most dps companions are useless to a cleric, i rather heal(almost all stats add to this, and also do more damage than the pet would do) more than have my pet do almost no damage and even worse knock back mobs out of aoe

although i know some gf and gwf who use the cleric( and want the angel) pet and rogues who use the Acolyte from the store

im sure the angel pet has its uses on some fights but takes a long time to get it
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    synalon1 wrote: »
    How does it equate when the cat would be level 30 and the stone maxes out at 20 (or was it 25?), or do these not mean much

Cat maxes at 25, blue stone (Allure) also maxes at 25, green stone (might) maxes at 20.

Cat gives 235 crit and 235 recovery as a base at 25.
    Allure gives 170 power, 170 crit, 170 recovery as a base at 25.

Allure wins imho because of the Icon slot instead of a Belt slot. Those are the only effective differences between the two.
  • azuregateazuregate Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've read similarly on reddit that the stone wins out due to the Icon slot.

With top end gear it's possible to go into deep DR on crit and recovery using the cat, would the more balanced spread of the stone be preferred when it comes to that level of gear?

I recently got the cat about 2 days ago on the cleric I'm leveling, would the stat differences (also counting the icon over belt) between them be noticeable enough that I should consider springing for the stone instead? I do have the AD to pick the stone up, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    azuregate wrote: »
    I've read similarly on reddit that the stone wins out due to the Icon slot.

With top end gear it's possible to go into deep DR on crit and recovery using the cat, would the more balanced spread of the stone be preferred when it comes to that level of gear?

The cat itself isn't really what causes you to hit the DR so easily apart from the fact it's a stat stick companion. The extra 65 crit/recovery is relatively minor. Here's some numbers:

Miracle Healer's Set:
    Gloves, Boots, and Helm: 870 crit/recovery (290 each piece)
    Chest: 452 crit/recovery
    +6 Weapon: 230 or 290 (mine is 230 crit 290 recovery but I've seen it the other way on another weapon)
    Icon of the Miracle Healer: 161 crit/recovery
    Purple Shirt/Pants: 154 crit, 184 recovery

That's 1,867 crit and 1,957 recovery without using a stat stick companion, rings, amulet, belt, or any sockets.

Ion Stone gives another 170 crit/recovery, Cat is 235 to each. Rank 9 enchants give +260 to a stat (my best guess is rank 10 is +300). You can put one of each in you offense slots and add a rank 8 Eldritch for +9% (guessing it's 9.5% and 10% for ranks 9 and 10, but haven't seen to confirm).

Now you're up to 2336 crit and 2426 recovery (with rank 9 Arcane and Profane and a Rank 8 Eldritch) and still haven't used neck, rings, belt, any of the pet gear slots, or any sockets on your or your pets gear. DR start hitting around 2,000 in a stat and hits really hard around 3,000, by 4,000 it's near pointless to stack more.

The extra 65 crit/recovery from the cat just doesn't matter. Then again the 170 power doesn't exactly matter either. The decision really is between belt or icon. Belts almost all have +health which doesn't transfer, but they have defense sockets and more defensive stats overall (this can be really good). Icons have offense sockets and generally more offensive stats (see above and DR issues). If you want to stack Tenebrous Runes in your character's offense slots though that extra bump on offensive stats to get you closer to 3,000 can be a good thing.
  • azuregateazuregate Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see, thanks that was a really detailed explanation with some useful numbers. I guess the difference isn't too much, and it comes down to how you wanna gear yourself out end game.

I'll continue using the cat and hold off on the stone till I gather a sufficient set of gear that would actually make the stone better. It'll probably take a good long time, and new companions/companion training might be released which could change things.
  • junkiesnationjunkiesnation Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Random question: Best companion for a leveling cleric? Founder's wolf or which of the level 15 companions?
  • cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unspecifiederror, thank you very much for the detailed explanation. :)
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric
    edited May 2013
    I have the foundry panther and it says it goes up to rank 30 but I suppose it doesnt matter.. will have to grab the stone sometime :)
  • shammillshammill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Thank for the explanation, Im gonna buy the blue ioun stone tonight :)

Why dafuq am I happy... I just prove tha tyou need to pay a lot to get the best/mandatory gear/companion for the end game...
    edited May 2013
    shammill wrote: »
    Thank for the explanation, Im gonna buy the blue ioun stone tonight :)

Why dafuq am I happy... I just prove tha tyou need to pay a lot to get the best/mandatory gear/companion for the end game...

Use the astral diamond exchange and the Ion Stone is actually cheaper than the cat by around 200k AD. No real money needed.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The stone ofc, it gives power/crit/recovery the cat only gives crit/recovery, and you get an icon slot for the stone, which means you can give it your sloppy seconds.
    edited May 2013
    what enchantments are best?
  • waylorndndwaylorndnd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what icon is best for the stone?
  • rgrmrdthrgrmrdth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if i put the "lesser Indomitable Runestone" into the "stone of allure" will it give me the extra 10% dmg over 3 secs". It would normally give that to my pet.