test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Offering reviews

chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I saw someone else do this and it struck me as a good idea since I am slightly bored of the Cryptic quests: -

I am going to level up a rogue entirely via the Foundry. If you want me to review your quest please post it here: -

The quests must be: solo, involve some story content and preferably involve bespoke maps (the standard ones get boring quickly).

The quest must not: involve long tedious grinds through waves of encounters or involve irritating levels of encounter stacking.

Also, if you fancy reviewing my quest the details are in the signature.

Anyway, feel free to post quests that achieve the above criteria and I will start leveling through them.

(Obviously there are quite a few quests stacking up here so it might take a little time to get through them)
My new quest:

WIP
Post edited by chinspinner on

Comments

• Options
    slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Name - A Nobleman's Request
    code : NW-DIYMYKKVY
    Duration: 15 minutes

The description:
    After a night at the Driftwood Tavern you overhear some men talking about a noble that's looking for someone special. The next day you return to the Driftwood Tavern and spot a well dressed man outside the tavern. Perhaps this is the beginning of something wonderful.

There's three maps after the initial map. This is a fairly short quest so there isn't much story, but it serves as a prologue more than anything else and there isn't much grinding, though there is combat. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you played through and let me know what you think.
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure give Planescape a go.

It is in my signature =)

There is plenty of story for you to enjoy, and it doesn't use encounter stacking outside of something that makes sense.
    Chapter 2 has some encounter stacking with the Balors. Some of the Balor encounters can be pulled solo with a clever player. Balors in DND can summon other demons, so this is well represented here.
    Chapter 2's end boss also has stacking, but can be avoided if you complete the amulet side quest (it destroys the additional encounters for that boss fight)
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    If you want, you can have a go with my quests. They're in my signature.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • Options
    cuddlesmacheesecuddlesmacheese Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please have a look at "Stake and Eggs" NW-DEH9MMOCA

I would appreciate it.
    "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh U1"

Part 1 - NW-DB9Q7NCWR
    Part 2 - NW-DHKJD78SM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can try out the first quest in my campaign, titled Dirty Politics.

NWS- DOF3BARMD

Thread on it in my sig.
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • Options
    maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck with your experiment. In my experience so far, you gain around 1 level every 2 quests. Of course, this depends on the number of encounters and length, but that's my estimation.

My quest is called Path to the Underworld and it is the first chapter of the Ignum campaign.
    Short code: NW-DA4N8EOZD
    Handle: @krtr

Good luck.
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
  • Options
    fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor. :)
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    Sure give Planescape a go.

It is in my signature =)
    Your quest currently has over 7,000 reviews. Let the low play/review authors get it, they need it more. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    slaidz wrote: »
    Name - A Nobleman's Request
    code : NW-DIYMYKKVY
    Duration: 15 minutes

The description:
    After a night at the Driftwood Tavern you overhear some men talking about a noble that's looking for someone special. The next day you return to the Driftwood Tavern and spot a well dressed man outside the tavern. Perhaps this is the beginning of something wonderful.

There's three maps after the initial map. This is a fairly short quest so there isn't much story, but it serves as a prologue more than anything else and there isn't much grinding, though there is combat. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you played through and let me know what you think.

Just played through it and it has a good number of encounters/ difficulty level and decent dialogue, a few comments: -

1) I have no idea what triggered the door when I had to find the way inside, but it did involve me blindly running around for a while.
    2) The corpse of the dead man stands up when you enter dialogue (I know this is the fault of the foundry). Try putting a dagger or something in him and interact with the object rather than the corpse to prevent this happening.
    3) The back pack is out of LoS unless you start jumping around on barrels.
    4) The black and white is a nice effect but creates some difficulties in identifying when to dodge etc.
    5) Also the maps are all standard, and it is nice to see some new player designed locations now and then.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check my signature, the second one is fun and good to go. Low level is the best time to do it solo due to guard scaling. The first one will be fixed sometime tomorrow there are some bugs in it and would not suggest playing The Sins of The Father right now.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just played through it and it has a good number of encounters/ difficulty level and decent dialogue, a few comments: -

1) I have no idea what triggered the door when I had to find the way inside, but it did involve me blindly running around for a while.
    2) The corpse of the dead man stands up when you enter dialogue (I know this is the fault of the foundry). Try putting a dagger or something in him and interact with the object rather than the corpse to prevent this happening.
    3) The back pack is out of LoS unless you start jumping around on barrels.
    4) The black and white is a nice effect but creates some difficulties in identifying when to dodge etc.
    5) Also the maps are all standard, and it is nice to see some new player designed locations now and then.

#2. Not knocking the author at all just a helping hand as I had this issue and fixed it. You need to select the same animation in the dialogue that you use for the basic encounter animation. That keeps them from standing up when you talk to them.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love a quick review, good sir. I will also give your quest a play and review :P

The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code:NW-DM900IFHK
    Mission Type: Humorous adventure with unique boss fights and hand crafted/fully detailed environments.
    Average Duration: 24 minutes
    Amount of Combat: Heavy.
    Mission Summary: A secret group of powerful mages have established a magic academy in the Underdark. You’ve been hired to foil their plans in the most epic fashion possible. Work alongside an accomplished Spellthief to steal the most powerful spell-books within the academy and battle your way through a school full of ambitious wizards, witches, Arch-Mages, and their hordes of minions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    If you get the time, I wouldn't mind some more feedback for my quest. Details are in my signature. I've updated it recently, trying to take into account the previous comments I've received, so would be nice to see if it's a satisfactory improvement.

Thanks in advance!
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
  • Options
    voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can review my quest. The Link is in the signature
    Thanks
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    havocl wrote: »
    If you want, you can have a go with my quests. They're in my signature.

Just played through the campaign and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Nicely balanced, decent plot, nice little mini-adventures along the main plot and decent maps.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Please have a look at "Stake and Eggs" NW-DEH9MMOCA

I would appreciate it.

Just finished your quest; it was a lot of fun and there were some nice maps to explore. The mines in particular were well done with some of the routes obscured behind webs etc.

I found the following issues: -

1) With the first Tyrn dialogue he repeats the same information a lot; I would look at rewording it.
    2) In the dungeon/ crypt area you can enter the boss encounter before you have defeated the previous section. I would consider unlocking the doors when you have achieved 7/7.
    3) I didn't test it because I assume it would be quest breaking, but it looks like you can fall off the final stairs. Some invisible walls would prevent that happening.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you get a chance: Any cave can lead to Adventure: NW-DQF4T7QYH It's published and no longer locked, feel free to test the first 2 wings of the first in my Dungeon Delve campaign. Hoping to have the full dungeon finished by Friday. There is no "over arching" story but rather a dungeon you stumble upon that has it's own narrative. Again it is only about half done, with the major boss encounter, and at least 1 full wing of the dungeon still closed off to players.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    jaqazjaqaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Quest Name: Ravenlyn Caverns
    Short Code: NW-DG3HR33SM
    Duration: 20-30 Minutes

This is my first Foundry quest so the map is a preset. Sorry. Would still appreciate a review so I can improve my skills. I enjoy making the quests and want to do more, but it makes no sense if what I do is not fun. I have thick skin so don't hold back.

Thanks,
    Jaqaz
  • Options
    ganker3ganker3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check my Foundry if you can. I'll play and review one made by you.

Quest Name: Cult of the Dragons
    Short Code: NW-DSTLFFQ5K
    Duration: 10-20 minutes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shorlong wrote: »
    You can try out the first quest in my campaign, titled Dirty Politics.

NWS- DOF3BARMD

Thread on it in my sig.

Posted in your thread.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    ikkevarikkevar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here You go

Troubles at the hall

NW-DCCQID53C
  • Options
    maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I will post again in this thread, rather than editing my previous post.

First of all, the map design and layout is simply outstanding. The fact that it is all hand-made makes it even better.
    There are some problems with the joints between two ground tiles aren't perfect and you can see some "cracks" there. I'm sure that it is just something wrong with the Foundry so it wasn't a criticism, but an observation.
    More citizens on streets or more urban furniture would be a nice addition for the first map.

Something I've noticed with all of the map transitions is that the interaction text is "Press F to go to next map". That may take away from the immersion for some players. That text can be replaced with stuff like "Press F to enter tavern" or "Press F to enter sewers" etc.

Speaking about sewers, the one I had to go through at first had two interaction texts. One was "Press F to go to next map" and the other one was "Press F to interact". I pressed the second option and nothing happened and the sewer became unusable. I exited the quest, then went back in and thankfully I was instantly teleported to the sewer map.
    This should be fixed.

I would suggest that at the end of each ladder inside the tunnels you add a sewer grate.
    Another thing I've noticed is that there is a very good story told here, with lots of character interactions, with lots of going back and forth between them.
    However, some players like to press 1 and skip the dialogue. Now while that may sound fine, there is a minimum duration your quest must have in order to be eligible for the Daily Reward thing.
    I estimate that such a player can finish the map in ~10 minutes, which will greatly lower the average playtime of the map. If I'm not mistaking, the minimum average time allowed for a quest to be eligible for the Daily Reward is 15 minutes.
    So I suggest that you think of a way to slightly increase the play time, even for "skipping" players. More encounters, some larger maps, more interactions in the tunnels or inside the cathedral, just to add play time.

The cathedral interior is one of the most impressive interior designs I've seen in the game so far. It's so dark and gothic, with those stone pillars it is simply great. Some more interaction inside it would also give the players a reason to go and explore it a bit more.

That's my review of this map. I recommend that everyone should go and check it out.
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
  • Options
    kyeo138kyeo138 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW-DI8PEGHIB
    Those Steamy Neverwinter Nights
    @Drexorn

It's pretty quick, 10-15min and takes place in a brothel in protectors enclave. I'd gladly welcome any feedback, even if it's just 'this sucks' lol. Thanks
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A Mysterious Cult (Campaign) NWS-DISRLWO3K.
    Burning From the Dead ( Quest, do after "A Mysterious Cult") NW-DGRIMCUKF.
    The Masher's Arena (Quest) NW-DGRIMCUKF.
    A Late Wizard (Quest) NW-DHN53LFZ3.
    The Lair Of Kheneka (Quest) NW-DG5E6STW.

The easiest way to find them would be to search @Orangefiree in the author search.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    NW-DDJJA7X98 The Camp and bandits
    Its pretty quick
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maddriver wrote: »
    So I will post again in this thread, rather than editing my previous post.

First of all, the map design and layout is simply outstanding. The fact that it is all hand-made makes it even better.
    There are some problems with the joints between two ground tiles aren't perfect and you can see some "cracks" there. I'm sure that it is just something wrong with the Foundry so it wasn't a criticism, but an observation.
    More citizens on streets or more urban furniture would be a nice addition for the first map.

Something I've noticed with all of the map transitions is that the interaction text is "Press F to go to next map". That may take away from the immersion for some players. That text can be replaced with stuff like "Press F to enter tavern" or "Press F to enter sewers" etc.

Speaking about sewers, the one I had to go through at first had two interaction texts. One was "Press F to go to next map" and the other one was "Press F to interact". I pressed the second option and nothing happened and the sewer became unusable. I exited the quest, then went back in and thankfully I was instantly teleported to the sewer map.
    This should be fixed.

I would suggest that at the end of each ladder inside the tunnels you add a sewer grate.
    Another thing I've noticed is that there is a very good story told here, with lots of character interactions, with lots of going back and forth between them.
    However, some players like to press 1 and skip the dialogue. Now while that may sound fine, there is a minimum duration your quest must have in order to be eligible for the Daily Reward thing.
    I estimate that such a player can finish the map in ~10 minutes, which will greatly lower the average playtime of the map. If I'm not mistaking, the minimum average time allowed for a quest to be eligible for the Daily Reward is 15 minutes.
    So I suggest that you think of a way to slightly increase the play time, even for "skipping" players. More encounters, some larger maps, more interactions in the tunnels or inside the cathedral, just to add play time.

The cathedral interior is one of the most impressive interior designs I've seen in the game so far. It's so dark and gothic, with those stone pillars it is simply great. Some more interaction inside it would also give the players a reason to go and explore it a bit more.

That's my review of this map. I recommend that everyone should go and check it out.

Thanks very much for your review. I am heading back into the Foundry now to correct the errors/ bugs/ improvements you identified.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maddriver wrote: »
    Good luck with your experiment. In my experience so far, you gain around 1 level every 2 quests. Of course, this depends on the number of encounters and length, but that's my estimation.

My quest is called Path to the Underworld and it is the first chapter of the Ignum campaign.
    Short code: NW-DA4N8EOZD
    Handle: @krtr

Good luck.

Tried your quest last night; it was a lot of fun (5 stars). Nicely designed maps with well placed mobs, and the little mini-quests along the way to unlock doors etc all worked incredibly well.

Good dialogue throughout and nice little clicky's to explore along the way.

Didn't identify any bugs. Good job!
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ravenloft: The Hunger NW-DS7KH7X2T Soloable, though last fight can be tough.
    Goblin Uprising NW-DMQRRFJYT Soloable not very long at all.
  • Options
    howitzer29howitzer29 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're still looking for quests, I've got one for you.

"Rezade and the Ruins" - NW-DDTRJVWYB

A cleric of a distant religion hires you to escort her to ruins in a forest she's keen to study, but naturally, you wind up embroiled in something much larger than you bargained for.

It's story-driven, featuring moderate combat and a few puzzles, too.

I'll take a swing at yours once the servers come back up.