test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of Tier 2 loot for GS planning?

archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in The Thieves' Den
This whole GS (Gear Score) thing I see is not an exact science. I bought a level 60
epic to replace a 60 blue, and the GS changed by 15. Ive wasted at
least 500k trying to figure out what will boosts my score (which is sad
because stats should be the end all for GS).

Anyhow, does anyone have a clear list of rogue Tier 2 gear? I have been
unable to find it and have been struggling with the AH determining what
is the highest tier. Im assuming T2 is "the best" and I need to identify what
those are to replace my gear (currently only 9031 GS).
Post edited by archomental on

Comments

• jazzyjayjazzyjay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree level 60 epics should raise up drastic hard to get ,very expensive GS should be raised quite alot not by 10-15 its some what sad
    What Was Lost Is Now Found Tomorrow Brings The Future;):):D:p:o:rolleyes::eek:
  • cloudspidercloudspider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You shouldn't be looking at gearscore since its based off of the vendor price for the said item.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "gs" is not from my experience based off of vendor value. it may play a part. I was using 2pc t1 set Elusive armor, and 2pc Swashbuckling. I was at 11.4k gs. I looted the other 2 Swashbuckling set that i needed and changed to 4pc. I lost 200gs going to the 4set. The vendor value are exactly the same for the items. I just rechecked the values just now. As far as stat values that changed are. replace the 2set with the 4set i gained 54 power, 54 crit, 36 recovery, 14 defense, 36 life steal But... lost the 400 recovery from the 2set Elusive.

So it may be linked to set items/ or stats/ or vendor value who knows?
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have a 10.3k GS Wearing

2 Pieces of Master Duelist
    2 Pieces of Shadewalkers
    Master Long Dagger of the Drake
    Sin Shade PArrying Blade (off hand)
    Belt of Arachnid Mastery
    Epic Amulet
    2x Master Slaver Rings
    And Epic Shirt and Pants not gemmed

and enchants that boost my GS by a little also.

Dont see how you had an 11k GS with that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you have honestly.. Master Assasins Gear is pretty much the only thing that would get me to 11k and also the 2 ancient daggers, which is like 20mil + AD atm
  • gimpylosergimpyloser Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which set is tier 1 and which is tier 2?
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Both Sets are t1

t2 you can easily tell, the 2 piece set bonuses are 450 instead of 400
  • idiocyincarnateidiocyincarnate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Made this infographic about Trickster Rogue sets. I'll start working on the sets for other classes later.

http://i.imgur.com/MU5m9Kl.jpg
  • solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gear score is really easy to figure out. If you look at your character sheet there is a number labled "protection" and a number labled "attack/healing". Gear score is just protection+attack/healing. What exactly makes those up is debatable, but from what I have noticed only actual stats increase them. Anything with an effect does not increase them, and companion stats do not count either.
  • archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the great input, as well as the examples of what dictates T2. This helped allot!

Idio thanks for the graphic display, that was very useful and I get it now.

What about the rings, neck and waist? Are the Drake token items Tier 2?
  • idiocyincarnateidiocyincarnate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Power-wise, the Unicorn and Drake seal items are technically "Tier 0.9" and "Tier 1.9" as they're slightly below the stats of the Tier 1 and 2 set items.

The rings, necks and waist items from dungeons are tier 1 and tier 2, depending on the dungeon. I haven't collected data on them as I haven't been able to find info on them all yet.

All in due time.
  • atresiaaniatresiaani Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where does the master assassin-set drop?
  • zantothtzantotht Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They really need to show what tier a piece of gear is on its stats, or show an item level or the items gear score. I too have purchased gear thinking it would be an improvement only to find it useless. So now I have to look and see what each dungeon at tier 2 can drop so I know if something is t2 gear. Very frustrating and a waste of time.
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Is T2 BIS gear currently?
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GS increases dramatically when you stack certain stats on your gear that's all I can add here .
  • duvoxxduvoxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    I have a 10.3k GS Wearing

2 Pieces of Master Duelist
    2 Pieces of Shadewalkers
    Master Long Dagger of the Drake
    Sin Shade PArrying Blade (off hand)
    Belt of Arachnid Mastery
    Epic Amulet
    2x Master Slaver Rings
    And Epic Shirt and Pants not gemmed

and enchants that boost my GS by a little also.

Dont see how you had an 11k GS with that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you have honestly.. Master Assasins Gear is pretty much the only thing that would get me to 11k and also the 2 ancient daggers, which is like 20mil + AD atm

Where do you get/farm the Belt of Arachnid Mastery?
  • anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • knotorious18knotorious18 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've found these posts helpful, but I'm still searching for the List of Waist/Neck/Ring tiers.. those would be immensely helpful to anyone that can put up a list of those

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Armor_Set
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve
  • drizzt1814drizzt1814 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    News Flash: gear score is also tied to your build. A guardian fighter respecced from Conq. To Prot. today and I watched his gear score drop 4k without switching out a single piece of gear.
  • setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    IMHO, Gear Score for TR doesn't really tell me much. I'm going to dissect Gear Scores and equipment for a moment to explain why..

All Dungeon Tier 1 have the same GS (+4293)
    All Dungeon Tier 2 have the same GS (+4784)
    The Fabled Illyanbruen set gives you +4907 GS.
    Battlefield Skulker set gives you +4073 GS.
    Adding any utility enchantment does not increase GS (+Movement doesn't increase GS).
    +Max HP does not increase GS either.
    Mixing two Dungeon Tier 1 sets gives you +4693 GS.
    Mixing two Dungeon Tier 2 sets gives you +5234 GS.
    Mixing 2 Fabled Illyanbruen pieces (using the Fabled Illyanbruen body piece) and 2 of a Dungeon Tier 2 set gives you +5288 GS.
    The Savage Enchantment gives you more GS than any other enchantment at the same rank.

Companions don't increase your gear score, with that in mind,
    Gear Score (roughly?) = Power + Defense + Critical Strike + Recovery + Armor Penetration + Regeneration + Life Steal + Deflection (
    Dismiss your companion if it's aiding in your stats if you want to look at it more carefully.

Let's take a moment and look at a few equipment choices and the GS they offer...

The Frozen/Glacial Ring of Hrimnir gives +60 to each of the aforementioned stats, giving each ring a base of +480 GS.
    The Pyrotechnic Band gives +125 to Power and Armor pen, +175 to Critical, giving it a base of +450 GS.
    Grand * Rings, at best, give +450 GS.
    Ancient* Rings, at best, give +462 GS.

Amulet of Fire gives +425 GS.
    Grant * Amulet's gives +450 GS.
    Icy Amulet of Hrimnir gives +480 GS.

Ancient * Belts gives +308 GS
    Belt of Arachnid Mastery gives +350 GS
    Rare belts can give up to +376 GS (and have offensive slots ^_^)

The Ice Shard dagger gives the most GS out of any dagger ranking in at +1497 GS.
    Ancient Spymaster's daggers each gives +1351 GS and +1348 GS respectfully and combined and extra +450 GS.
    Tier 2 daggers give +1318 GS each.

If you actually took the time to get this far in this post... reading the above, there are pros and cons. I can put on Hrimnir set for rings and neck and have +1440 base GS or I can equip 2 Pyrotechnic Bands and Ancient Exorcist's Necklace giving me +912 GS. Looking at GS... it looks like Hrimnir set is the way to go... right? Of course, if I do that, I'll lose out on 264 Critical Strike and 164 Power and Armor Pen.

My point is, I'm more than willing to wager you can get 14k+ GS TR... but do you really want to?

I am in no way saying that high GS is bad or not desired. I am, however, saying that beefing up your GS on a TR (I don't know about other classes, I only play as a TR...) tells me nothing. Hell, the Battlefield Skulker's GS is lower than a Dungeon Tier 1 GS...
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!