test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why Do We Have Coins At All?

flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously. The presence of gold, silver, & copper in this game is almost entirely pointless -- & I'm saying "almost" just in case there's something I don't know about, but for the most part, once you buy a horse & maybe waste money on a second "white" companion, I don't see any reason to have coins at all. Astral Diamonds pretty much entirely invalidate money -- maybe even entirely invalidate it, since you can convert ADs to Zen, or Zen to ADs, & get better versions of anything that coins would have bought.

So why do we even have coins????
Fare you well
Let your life proceed by its own designs
Nothing to tell
Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
Post edited by flayedawg on

Comments

• Options
    zarkheszarkhes Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Ok, now you set a bait for a biggest fanboys out there.They will come, screaming about Potions and injury kits and ... and ... WHATEVER ITS OPEN BETA!!!!!

Wait for it...

Wait for it...
  • Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Open beta?
  • Options
    dezmerdezmer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You will need gold at 60, pots and injury kit restocks regularly run into the 10s of gold (pots are 9s apiece and injury kits are 20s)
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zarkhes wrote: »
    Ok, now you set a bait for a biggest fanboys out there.They will come, screaming about Potions and injury kits and ... and ... WHATEVER ITS OPEN BETA!!!!!

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

You forgot the lock picking kits and crafting materials, I am disappoint.

Seriously tho, there are Mounts and companions too. I'm sure more things will come out for gold in the long run but yes, there is a lack right now.
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do any crafting, you'll also need gold to buy some materials.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think my favorite blooper is the NPCs spamming about auctions and bids for gold... but the auction house uses AD.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dezmer wrote: »
    You will need gold at 60, pots and injury kit restocks regularly run into the 10s of gold (pots are 9s apiece and injury kits are 20s)

Are you saying that potions don't drop like candy at 60th level, like they do everywhere else?

Are they not buyable at all -- like, from the AH & so on -- with ADs? Or from the Zen Market?

In any event, you're implying that this hoard of worthless coins I'm building up with eventually be no longer worthless? Is there some reason they're not worthless NOW? Does the fact that they will eventually become non-worthless mitigate the fact that they are worthless NOW, along with the vast majority of the rest of the loot I'm picking up?
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    dezmerdezmer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Are you saying that potions don't drop like candy at 60th level, like they do everywhere else?

Are they not buyable at all -- like, from the AH & so on -- with ADs? Or from the Zen Market?

In any event, you're implying that this hoard of worthless coins I'm building up with eventually be no longer worthless? Is there some reason they're not worthless NOW? Does the fact that they will eventually become non-worthless mitigate the fact that they are worthless NOW, along with the vast majority of the rest of the loot I'm picking up?

I am not even sure what you're mad about but you are really mad about something. They drop yes but not nearly in enough quantity to make scavenging viable, and injury kits don't ever drop. I guess you could buy them from the AH if someone is bored enough to list them but why the hell would you do that?
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You will need tons of gold to skill your proffesion(s). Starting at around rank 14 it will get really expensive.
  • Options
    lazybrahlazybrah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »

Hold your horses and calm your manes.
    Gold management; Astral vs Zen. Does that answer your question?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You forgot the lock picking kits and crafting materials, I am disappoint.

Seriously tho, there are Mounts and companions too. I'm sure more things will come out for gold in the long run but yes, there is a lack right now.

Mounts?Maybe...thats 5 gold sir.
    And companions?You want to say that you can keep your 15 level companion alive? :D
  • Options
    trimptrimp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a cost to "upgrade" companion tomes in gold would solve all issues

ofc, this won't happen bc you can't buy gold w $ so....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lazybrah wrote: »
    Hold your horses and calm your manes.
    Gold management; Astral vs Zen. Does that answer your question?

No, it doesn't answer my question of why we have coins, at all.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dezmer wrote: »
    I am not even sure what you're mad about but you are really mad about something.

Yes, I'm irritated that so much of what I'm looting feels worthless.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    hardegangerhardeganger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to buy a castle. When can i buy a castle and how much will it be?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I want to buy a castle. When can i buy a castle and how much will it be?

Translation : For some reason i realy enjoy this game and i dont like people who have another opinion or sence of worth.So i will make your point completely irrational by typing irrelevant funny sentence.
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zarkhes wrote: »
    Mounts?Maybe...thats 5 gold sir.
    And companions?You want to say that you can keep your 15 level companion alive? :D

My companion is rank 28! Then again I didn't buy him for gold... ahem. But like mounts, there will likely be an AD based item that raises companion tiers.
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    I think my favorite blooper is the NPCs spamming about auctions and bids for gold... but the auction house uses AD.

Slightly unrelated but yesterday I saw an AH NPC say something like, "And next up... The Head of Vecna!? Seriously!?" and I had a geekasm.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My companion is rank 28! Then again I didn't buy him for gold... ahem. But like mounts, there will likely be an AD based item that raises companion tiers.

Some clever dude already done the math on cost of same books that level up your mounts.Result was in ZEN (current rattio of Zen-AD was 360 for one ZEN) as this : If you buy your epic mount for 3000 Zen, trough AD it would cost an 7000...

So if you waiting for companions book, you better start farming those AD...I am serious...GO!