test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master Dueslist vs. Shadewalker Set?

jinthedeviljinthedevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Just wondering which one would be best and reasons why?
Post edited by jinthedevil on

Comments

• Options
    wimbfinwimbfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi there i was thinking mix of both to get the set 2 pieces bonus from both sets but lowers your gear score so much :(
    sorry i know i cant type XD
  • Options
    solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It would depend on what the Master Duelist 4 piece counts as a hit. If it's like everything else then you'd essentially be cutting one second off your CD's every 4 seconds. If it's broken, then you'd cut a few seconds off every time you flurry.

I don't really like the Shadewalker one though. A burst of recovery is kind of useless. Especially in a game where we have no real way to track individual buffs other than learning the icon and looking to the left hand corner of the screen.
  • Options
    jinthedeviljinthedevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shadewalker is burst of power and lifesteal, the burst of recovery is elusive, which i also believe is uselesss
  • Options
    idrisidris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    master duelist set t4 bonus bugged with duelist's flurry.. doesn't work at all

works on every other at will except duelist's flurry.
  • Options
    haxjaxhaxjax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm, where from may I get Master Duelist set? :D On which dungeon does it drop?
  • Options
    articulatefoolarticulatefool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wimbfin wrote: »
    hi there i was thinking mix of both to get the set 2 pieces bonus from both sets but lowers your gear score so much :(
    sorry i know i cant type XD

Actually this raises your gear score by quite a bit. There is a guy with 12k GS running 2 of each of these sets.
  • Options
    drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    the bracers from the master duelist set dropped in epic cloak tower for me today ... but dungeon delves were running and it was in the final chest .. i do not know if the bracer is normally in the bosses' loot table ...
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i mixed both
    10.3k GS
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Swashbuckling set, That is all.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    adevlin1991adevlin1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Once they fix Master Duelist's to work with Duelist's Flurry it will be the best set by a huge margin. Power is a trash stat and takes around 600 to get 1% damage on dazing strike vs only 192 crit to get the same damage increase. Not to mention quite a few abilities only scale off of weapon damage(see Whirlwind of blades).

Being able to use smoke bomb and dazing strike more often is infinitely more valuable to a dungeon party than any pure stat set bonus. I've cleared everything bar Dracolich and the last boss of the mindweaver place with a DC GF CW CW TR setup using no exploits, every dungeon is just tank on boss, rest of party aoe's down adds and throws dps at boss when they have a spare second or two. Aoe dps and CC is all that matters, trash consists of me and the 2 CW alternating aoe ccs on the mobs between singularities with the trash barely ever being able to even attack us.
  • Options
    idrisidris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once they fix Master Duelist's to work with Duelist's Flurry it will be the best set by a huge margin. Power is a trash stat and takes around 600 to get 1% damage on dazing strike vs only 192 crit to get the same damage increase. Not to mention quite a few abilities only scale off of weapon damage(see Whirlwind of blades).

Being able to use smoke bomb and dazing strike more often is infinitely more valuable to a dungeon party than any pure stat set bonus. I've cleared everything bar Dracolich and the last boss of the mindweaver place with a DC GF CW CW TR setup using no exploits, every dungeon is just tank on boss, rest of party aoe's down adds and throws dps at boss when they have a spare second or two. Aoe dps and CC is all that matters, trash consists of me and the 2 CW alternating aoe ccs on the mobs between singularities with the trash barely ever being able to even attack us.

this.

power is pretty useless, with the set bug fixed, every duelist flurry shave off almost 2 seconds off every encounter cooldown, with proper setup, you can either chain CC or chain stealth..