test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is it possible to change server

raoletraolet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I want to play with my friends but my character is 25 level and I don't want to start from scratch. How to change my server?
Post edited by raolet on

Comments

• rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I think this has been answered before. They are not allowing us to change servers, since they will be merging the servers at some point in the future after things settle down and get stabilized.
  • raoletraolet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When are they gonna merge?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No ETA for merges yet.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • palindromiouspalindromious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I can not play with all my friends online. Excellent.

I want to play with them now and not "in the future". I'm dissapointed that there's not even a payment option.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? It's your fault you made a character on a server that you didn't want. Roll up a new character, lvl25 isn't that hard to get to.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a 2 characters on separate servers so I can Game with Murphy's Law and also my daughter and her friends.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I can not play with all my friends online. Excellent.

I want to play with them now and not "in the future". I'm dissapointed that there's not even a payment option.

That's correct, you can't play with your friends online now eat your veggies and go to your room and while in there write 1000 times I'm not entitled to anything in this world.
  • palindromiouspalindromious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did expect a lot of children inhabiting the forums. But none so rude. Please be a little more mature.

What ever the reason for me not to be on the same server does not concern you. It is the creators responsibility to make certain that such basic needs are met. And I should be allowed to vent my frustration over this, whatever you think is right or wrong.

THANK YOU.
  • varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is Kinda un-related, but I am still fresh and can not post, so I figured since this is KINDA related to the post Ill just post it here

Is there any way to know of a shards current population? Or is it known as to which is the highest, which is more of the medium population, and which is the lowest?

I want to start on a highly populated server
  • mrasrockmrasrock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i like to no how to choose server there used to be a bit saying east and west all i got now is it logging in and giving me dragon server
    my wifes on east and not on dragon so how do i seklect east and not west
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mrasrock wrote: »
    i like to no how to choose server there used to be a bit saying east and west all i got now is it logging in and giving me dragon server
    my wifes on east and not on dragon so how do i seklect east and not west

I't OK now, I transferred your character to your the character of your wife.
    You can meet in the "Moonstone Mask" area in Protectors Enclave, or basically any other area if you are lucky.

No worries!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • saltpastillensaltpastillen Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Holy Necro Batman!

And to actually answer the question.

There is only ONE server now, called Dragon. However they have split hubs like protectors enclave into several instances. Click the blue button next to your map and you will be able to choose to move to another instance (if theres room).
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And to actually answer the question.
    That's why I told the necro friend not to worry about stuff and meet his wife in MM, which is a single instance. No need to confuse people any more than necessary!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • mrasrockmrasrock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yes cheers thanks we found each other as well and thank you for the help i know i should of read the news and up dates but wanted to get in game and carry one playing
    eagr like and cant w8 till new char as well
    but thansk we found each other and i was able to join guild too
    using that instance thing as i am at a lower lvl than them
    cheers
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's why I told the necro friend not to worry about stuff and meet his wife in MM, which is a single instance. No need to confuse people any more than necessary!

Except its not a single instance. It splits when it gets to busy. It used to cap at 80 people. It got lowered significantly with the Waukeen event. For as long as the current event runs there will most likely be several instances of it.

So not only was it poor advice, it was also wrong.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Closed for necro, as the servers have sinced merged, this thread is no longer relevant.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.