test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does a GWF take on a GF in PvP?

guardiantimguardiantim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in PvP with my Great Weapon Fighter. Each time I come across a Guardian Fighter I lay into him but barely scratch their armour, or just get "BLOCKED" come up on screen with each swing. Meanwhile my health is being whittled down by the tin can in front of me, and the only way I have of recovering health is Restoring Strike (which is laughable at best).

Could someone please point me in the right direction of how to use my GWF to combat GFs if we're both fighting alone? I'm getting tired of my most useful battle tactic being "run away!" :-/
~ He who lives more lives than one, more deaths than one must die. ~
Post edited by guardiantim on

Comments

• inmydotinmydot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Move behind him?
  • ashergreyashergrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Main a GF, I know what you are going through lol. So many GWF's just come'a runnin right at my shield and burn all their cc's in 3 seconds.
    First thing, Dont use more than 1 cc at the start. You cannot just burst kill a Guardian unless he doesnt see you coming.
    The previous poster mentioned getting behind us. It really does work. Use your stun/ knockdown moves by sprinting behind them then turning and attacking very quickly. Deal damage while we are down/dazed and if you can, continue to use stuns/dazes.

Once you burn all your cc's the only thing you have left is to turn on your buff to ignore cc's and sprint attack behind us over and over. The GF is going to get some damage in because he isn't stunned but your powers will come back as he uses his. Once that happens repeat the opening and take him out.

Alot of Gwf's think you can just break the shield with CC's then wail on him. But thats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. As soon as you burn your ccs get ready to be pummeled by stuns and knockdowns. by the time you get up you'll be half dead and he can block again.
  • fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GF are tough, its rare you should be 1v1 them if you are doing your job correctly. If you do have to then definitely get behind them. Land the takedown from the back. When hes knocked down go into Flourish-> Indomitable. After the combo pop unstoppable so you dont get thrown around like a rag doll. While in unstoppable attack his shield to get rid of his shield meter. The less shield meter he has the lower his power will be. Then sprint away until your cooldowns come back and repeat. Jumping is a easier method to get behind him.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    With a lot of friends to help you!
  • saucepankaozsaucepankaoz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You simply dont challenge a GF 1on1. It's not worth the time and you will probably lose, why bother. This ****ing class is tanky as ****, blocks your encounters and somehow pull out 5 digit numbers from their asses.
  • mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use your sprint to constantly position yourself behind him. With any luck, the guy will sprain his wrist and you'll get an easy win.
  • guardiantimguardiantim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thankyou for the suggestions and ideas folks! I'll try these and see how I go. :-)
    ~ He who lives more lives than one, more deaths than one must die. ~
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Most good GWF's I've fought sprint through me and then just instantly turn and do a knock down then unload on me from there. I can't keep shield up and instantly turn (I have to turn camera then start backing up) so a fast GWF can get me before I can flip like that.
    nwsignature.jpg