test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rising Hope Bugged (still good though)

unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Temple
Rising Hope says "Grants you 15% more recovery and power for...."

Now the assumption would be if you have 3000 power and 2000 recovery you would end up with:

3000 x 1.15 = 3450 power
and
2000 x 1.15 = 2300 recovery.

What you will get is:

3000 + (2000 x 0.15) = 3300 power
and
2000 + (3000 x 0.15) = 2450 recovery

You get 15% of your recovery as power and 15% of your power as recovery.

Also (not a bug), it doesn't seem to apply to any stats gained from Ion stones or cat companions. The 15% gains will still be the values you have without your companion. I assume this is because companions give you stats through buffs and so Rising Hope is based on your base stats and not post-buff stats.
Post edited by unspecifiederror on

Comments

• Options
    synrevenantsynrevenant Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this information! but yeah still seems like a good feat :D
  • Options
    quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nice...a bug that works in our favor. More recovery. :D Watch this get fixed next patch :/
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Let's hope they leave it this way given that power is usually higher than recover and right now Power's Diminishing returns makes the stat worse than recovery.
    I assume this is because companions give you stats through buffs and so Rising Hope is based on your base stats and not post-buff stats.

It's more difficult to do it on post-buff stats as they could change, for example the cat could be knocked out leading to you losing those buffs. It's more work to factor in those types of situations, presumably that also means that negative effects are also ignored.
  • Options
    justiniand1justiniand1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Out of curiosity does anyone know how often Rising Hope actually procs? - I was considering putting a couple points in it but wasn't sure how much value I'd get back.
  • Options
    sylverinnesylverinne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    I would say i see it up about 50% of the time. What would make this feat awesome would be the ability to refresh itself. With such a long duration it would be a very nice small buff we could have on us at all time.
  • Options
    mutelunaticmutelunatic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was given to understand that power does not seem to have any diminishing returns and recovery and crit had diminishing returns starting around 2k and hits a pretty nasty wall around 3k. That being said power doesn't give a great increase per point but the amount that you do get doesn't go lower the higher the power you have.
  • Options
    quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Out of curiosity does anyone know how often Rising Hope actually procs? - I was considering putting a couple points in it but wasn't sure how much value I'd get back.

Putting 1 point with 30sec duration gives about 50% uptime. Putting the 2nd point into it for 60sec duration gives approx. 99% uptime. Testing was done by Unspecified and I trust him and therefore dumped the second point in. I'm currently running a 2/20/9 build using this.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • Options
    wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does FF proc it off? since next to AS its only spell i use in divine mode
  • Options
    kinukonekokinukoneko Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awesome feat. And I have been watching it I swear it procs 100% off Astral Shield. Plus a 2 1/2 min buff makes this buff 100% up time. Loving my 8.4k power it even bumps by GS from 13.3k to 13.4k. I overlooked this talent for awhile but now I'm in love.<3
  • Options
    lordkelthornlordkelthorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this seriously show that cryptic have to fire some coder(s) in the team.....and mean it... FIRE

Chat bug (due to logical fonction badly coded)
    HV messed up (cant order by buyout!)
    boxes bug
    Determination bug( it run out as soon as the temp hp run out)
    etc etc

now this bug is because a guy invert 2 variable in the code....... i cant find how it is possible even a monkey would not confuse apple and banana .....
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice...a bug that works in our favor. More recovery. :D Watch this get fixed next patch :/

What? Most DC's have stacked far too much recovery, adding more is of very little value. You do understand the diminishing returns right? Power has none, it's linear. You want more power, not more recovery. Stop spreading this horrible advice. Stack recovery to 3k then worry about another stat. If you wanna be overkill, you could get 4k or maybe even 5k if you wanted to be silly about it, but anything beyond that is pointless.

Charts:
    https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3dqpvhuavj

Reference:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?301761-Calculating-stats-and-their-effects