test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ridiculous PvP damage Scaling. Waiting on fix.

ashergreyashergrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Level 60 Pvp is a Joke.
Our attack and crit stats are not scaled to our def/ hp.

We are scaled to fight monsters with millions of hp and very high def. Not players with 30k hp.

Thus everyone is getting 2-3 shotted. Classes cant even do their jobs. GF's cannot tank as shield doesn't exist after 1 hit. Clerics are only worth having inside Astral shield. Its just lols right now. They need to scale the attack/def ratios for pvp seperately. It's really suprising they didn't take this into account already.

Till then Ill be waiting.
Post edited by ashergrey on

Comments

• nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i haven't gotten to 60 to experience this, so, i can't comment on anything, but:

there's two ways to fix this issue, really, from what i know:

1) resilience (from WoW) or a similar mechanic; not the 5.2 version, but, the post-5.3 version, where, every character receives a flat damage reduction bonus when in PVP (and healing reduction so healing doesn't outpace damage to the point of making people invunerable). something that would keep the PVP fast-paced and enjoyable, but not a turtlefest nor a burstfest.

2) capping stats... but, then this runs into the problems with people that focus on different builds, etc.

and a third choice is what GW2 does, but this wouldn't work in neverwinter.
  • phalcon554phalcon554 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    he is 1000% right
  • ashergreyashergrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's really a pity they didnt forsee this. I have faith they will address the issue though.
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Interesting, not at 60 yet. But you can already see they have not done much with PVP really.

But! I actually really like the gameplay, and seeing they have not paid a lot of attention to it only raise hopes that it might get better in future :)
  • fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This thread is so wrong. GF can't tank? Do you realize how hard it is to take down a geared GF?
    3 knockbacks/prones. A shield that can be refilled very quickly. GF are beasts that can hold a node from 2-3 people for a rather long time.
    Yes TR and CW go down in 1-2 shots because they are built as glass cannons but try 1-2 shotting a GWF during unstoppable. Try 1-2 shotting a DC. If you think pvp is nothing but 1-2 shotting each other then you are VERY bad at pvp.
  • aitolosaitolos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fcrowles wrote: »
    This thread is so wrong. GF can't tank? Do you realize how hard it is to take down a geared GF?
    3 knockbacks/prones. A shield that can be refilled very quickly. GF are beasts that can hold a node from 2-3 people for a rather long time.
    Yes TR and CW go down in 1-2 shots because they are built as glass cannons but try 1-2 shotting a GWF during unstoppable. Try 1-2 shotting a DC. If you think pvp is nothing but 1-2 shotting each other then you are VERY bad at pvp.

i agree tanks are hard to fall... but i will disagree on the dps..dude im full epic gear gwf and if im not in unstoppable i got one shot max two from everyone except cleric and gwf....you realy think that this is normal? or even im bad in pvp? its not acceptable and even if you dont agree now when they will put a fix on it with some new pvp stat or i dont know then you will see the truth.
  • helza123helza123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree, as a cleric i don't get oneshot if i'm inside my astral shield, however 9/10 i can't cast it because i'm CC'd before i can cast it and die within that same CC if its 2on1 or if i'm "lucky" die on the 2nd CC that directly follows it in 1on1.

ps: -40% healing on yourself sucks :P
  • housestarkhousestark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All i see here is Waaaaah! waaaaah! waaaaah!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Step 1:
    Read
    housestark wrote: »
    All i see here is Waaaaah! waaaaah! waaaaah!

Step 2:
    Note
    housestark wrote: »
    Waaaaah! waaaaah! waaaaah!

Step 3:
    Facepalm at the irony.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As I mentioned elsewhere, the level 60 PvP is completely un-fun for me. The time-to-kill is incredibly short. There is no skill involved, no strategy, no tactics. Whoever gets the jump on another player wins.

Plus, other issues: afk'ing, premades vs randoms (this is the worst of all), opposite team with two clerics who stack AS while your team has none, no gear-based matchmaking, no spawn point protection at all, and so on. In other games, max level PvP levels out, but here it is the opposite: lower level PvP is a lot more enjoyable and a lot more balanced. At 60, I haven't had a close, balanced match since before the end of the headstart.

I completely understand why people go afk until they have fun their 4 matches every day. It's far more sane than trying to play when you sign up as a solo player. If you want to play, you have to join a premade.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Said it once and I'll say it again: PvP is an afterthought.

It wasn't meant to be done or taken seriously. People who do try to take it seriously at all are going to be sorely disappointed.
    nwsignature.jpg