test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endgame content

cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,
Just curious what people think of the game's current "endgame". Is it merely just epic dungeon grinding? I do not see a need for people to regularly run foundry quests, other than shear curiosity. I dont see it as a rewarding system at max level. I'm excluding PVP as I am not a huge PVP player.

Is it me, or are there just not a lot of things to do at max level? Do we know if Cryptic has plans to add in raids or other endgame content?
Post edited by cesmode8 on

Comments

• Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic Dungeons and Skirmishes, doing Foundries made for endgame parties or solo, and PvP. You could also make your own foundries. Those are the only known endgame feature to date. You gotta remember, this game is only in Open Beta, so not all the content is here yet. Were missing Gauntlegrym, 2 classes, one race and another type of PvP.
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    There is just about the same amount of stuff to do in this game as any other MMO.
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But skirmishes reward AD...
    Foundry rewards are nill.

Nothing to significantly progress your character. Epic dungeons for seals = only way to obtain epic gear?
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i miss this too... the optimal and easiest way to fix it would be to allow us to replay the whole quest in epic... and make castle never something more than a simple grinding party, that way, you could add about 80/100 more hours of solo fun, improve your character gear a lot and dont feel like i feel now... bored of a game i started just 10 days ago, right now i only have epic partys to do till i get gear enough to play castle never and that's not right... i want to keep playing! PLEASE, any developer/admin can tell us if there is any kind of plan to do it???
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think the way the game is set up, 1-60, is fantastic. Im having a blast leveling. But I've really realized the following:

-At 60, the only way to get BiS gear is via seal vendors and drops in epic. This means endless epic grinding.
    -Exploration is non existant in the game, other than the foundry.
    -After you have your BiS gear, there really is nothing else. I don't think skirmishes or foundry quest reward anything of value at max level and since the event for foundry is an XP boost, its essentially useless if you are looking for reward. But, again, foundry has been the best experience thus far...great quests.

So, endgame seems pretty shallow.
    If they add more systems, more things to do (not necessarily talking about raiding), I'd be more inclined to commit myself fully to the game.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump this with a little desperate hope to get an answer of one of the admins/devs... will be any new content for LVL 60 solo play?
  • Options
    rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    There are suppose to be 20 man raid/dungeon in the future, but I'm a PVP player, I don't see why I have to grind PVE dungeons in order to get the best PVP gears.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    People say GW2 has no endgame. I think it has more of an endgame than this.

Once you get your BiS gear, which it sounds like many already have or are inching closer, what is there to do to progress your character in a game like this? There are no raids, there is no solo, very difficult content to tackle? Sure, create some foundry quests. Yes. Any thing else?

I dont see a lot of variety at max level to keep me going. It'll be dungeon after dungeon, with the foundry daily and skirmish daily mixed in. That be it.

Not to compare, but I will...In GW2, my endgame is/was:
    -Grind out BiS gear for 3 out of the 5 max level characters that I had.
    -Get to a respectable level in fractals (which DO get difficult as you hit the agony-resist softcap.)
    -WvW(I know I said I don't like PvP, but this also has PvE in it and just doesn't feel like a lot of PvP to me)
    -Legendary is taking me months to grind for. I am doing it slowly, while dabbling in WvW, finishing map completion, jumping puzzles, and the portal-mini dungeons that are out there.
    -Open world dragon fights
    -Living story(granted it has been completed, but they are continuing to add to the game at a rapid pace)

A few others...
    WoW- Raiding, Scenarios, dungeon grind, LFR.
    Rift - Instant adventures, dungeons, raiding, chronicles, onsloughts, rift raiding, rift hunting, etc.

My point is, I do not see a need to grind skirmishes at max level, when dungeons are the best way to progress. I do not see the need to grind foundry quests when dungeons are the way to progress. They need more variety to obtain high end items, and then places to utilize them to test your mettle.
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    After you have your BiS gear, there really is nothing else. I don't think skirmishes or foundry quest reward anything of value at max level

Hmm what about fun?
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    ultraxanatovultraxanatov Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    Hmm what about fun?

It needs more than one kind of boss fight for that.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It needs more than one kind of boss fight for that.

Or less impossible ones that don't require 3 classes.
  • Options
    maxpoweryomaxpoweryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leveling is great, i got to 60 like 5 days ago. Im a pvp player (but i like pve too) so first thing i did after dinging 60 was getting my pvp set. It took me 2 days. Unfortunately, i realized that there is no chance for EU server and thers no point in playing competitive pvp with 150-250 ping, unless youre some kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. So i decided to farm some dungeons. It took me 2 days to get gear and clear everything at T1. Now im ready to get into T2. It will take me couple more days to get all gear i need and ill be done with this "end game". I honestly dont see any point to continue after that. PvP from EU is completely broken, content cleared, gear acquired. Thers nothing more left to do. Im glad i didnt spend any money on this game, because it made me want to resub WoW again. Its actually really funny, because im completely bored with WoW and looking for other mmos, but when they come they make me realize that thers nothing better. Hopefully Titan is coming soon.