test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leveling needs to be nerfed urgently

jinsonicjinsonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
IMO I think the leveling in this game is way too fast, way too common and far too easy to do so. If you miss just one day with your party, they're leveled up so far ahead it's not fun to catch up on your own. That's been my major gripe with the game so far. It's not that I'm behind, it's that others are in the party, and then they lose interest in the game because everyone is playing a little bit on their own but leveling up too fast to be eligible for lower level dungeons etc.

Anyone else agree that leveling needs nerfing?
Post edited by jinsonic on

Comments

• maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No.

It all depends on playstyle.

If you nerf XP people that DON'T do dungeons and other group play will be screwed.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Its because of the leveling I could bring a lot of people in this game. atm its about 4 days ingame to get to maxlevel. Thats 72 hours. Thats more than 90% of other computergames have and certainly the right amount spendable for working people like me and my fellow 30+ guys :)
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jinsonic wrote: »
    If you miss just one day with your party, they're leveled up so far ahead it's not fun to catch up on your own.

LOLWAT?!?!?

A day's difference is a day's difference, regardless of levelling speed.

Derp on.
  • myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IMO I think the leveling in this game is way too fast, way too common and far too easy to do so. If you miss just one day with your party, they're leveled up so far ahead it's not fun to catch up on your own. That's been my major gripe with the game so far. It's not that I'm behind, it's that others are in the party, and then they lose interest in the game because everyone is playing a little bit on their own but leveling up too fast to be eligible for lower level dungeons etc.

No, absolutely not.

My partner and I play, we have a pair of characters we are levelling up together. When he can't play, I play other characters.

Your problem is not in the rate of levelling, but in the way your group works.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Remove XP gained from invoking. That would solve the majority of the issue
  • jaz182jaz182 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cheers riven, beat me to it.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope its fine as it is. Have you hit 60 yet? If you have its a bit cheeky to hit 60 then say nerf leveling :P
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Remove XP gained from invoking. That would solve the majority of the issue

Yes please!

Want to make sure I get my coins on my alts, but I'd rather not have them outlevel content just because I happen to be focussing on one main for a few days. There's enough sources of XP floating around out there - quests, foundry, pvp, skirmish, dailies - that we really don't need several thousand a day from the Invoke.
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hate leveling so no. I think you can still do instances by walking to the entrance.
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I do agree the levelling speed in this game is OTT, it is too quick to get to high levels. It's almost like the game is designed to have a level cap that will raise, even so just look at level 1~5, they literally take about an hour... and they don't even really mean anything either considering that those levels all come pretty much from quests.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The speed of leveling has to match the amount of content. If you don't have enough content the game becomes a grind. If you like grinding, wait till endgame, you will have a stomach full of it I am sure.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fast leveling is totally acceptable till you are done with the tutorial

and what is the tutorial?

it's the mission or group/string of missions at the start of game, that when completed you can not go back and start the mission again without creating a new toon.

so I would say, the leveling in NW is fine, seeing as the tutorial is from lvl 1 to lvl 60
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's almost like the game is designed to have a level cap that will raise

LOL, you think??
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game is open beta because all they have is the tutorlial and the end game, on release they will nerf all the lvl 1-59 missions exp by 99%, and reduce the level required to start them by 99%, and add some real repeatable missions from lvl 4-59
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Xp is fine... What needs urgent attention is all the exploiting bosses and gear... not lvling
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the game is open beta because all they have is the tutorlial and the end game, on release they will nerf all the lvl 1-59 missions exp by 99%, and reduce the level required to start them by 99%, and add some real repeatable missions from lvl 4-59

...wut~ planet do you live on?
    and your a founder lol...
    As of current standing with the gear exploiting (now going into T2 flooding market) there wont be a game by release. First game that finally has some decent end game and its dried up before its even released.
    You will be able to purchase a full set of end game gear before your even 60...
    What good would this 99% nerf do? Most people would have quit playing by then or all be 60 lol... This game is sadly heading for the fastest fail ever. And I love this game :/

Pardon me if im missing sarcasm or something...

People want to worry about fast 60s when there is some serious unanswered exploiting going on.

Any serious mmo would have closed for emergency maintenance... They patch 2 runs today? How about the other 20 exploits. T2 will be going for 4-15k in next 24 hrs probably.
    There has also been a flood of exploited profession assets...
    Anything that was meant to take time earning in this game just became moot...
    And lvling I don't think they were ever worried about; this game is easily able to focus on an expanded endgame (if they got their @#$@#$ together...)

Their lack of response has doomed the game.

All they have to do is flag all gear BoP right now... and no legit players get punished by that. Only the people with full storage of t1-2 from exploit farming gets trashed.

They did nothing about Afk farming; even as people advertised in zone LF afk groups. Now pvp gear is considered junk... They have let it get worse and worse. (Im not talking about obtaining btw) It was already easy to get... Im talking about the major disaster thats caused with all end game gear being purchasable now by even a sub 60 for a trivial amount of Ad.

Why not just give us free sets of T1 or 2 and 100k AD on character creation while they are at it.

So people who would think they would never have such gear can now get it great...

Have fun when its a ghost town before the game even hits release.

Pray there is an entire series of dungeons and content they have been hiding because nothing short of a Rollback will fix this game from the canalization they have done to themselves later.
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    Ahhhh i remember Asheron`s call , where it took an entire guild to level 1 person to max lvl(Vassal system :))

But you didnt need to be max lvl there to feel stron , lvl 80 was for me allready powerfull enough.

And now , i dont mind this "fast" leveling either. Lvl won`t make the money for PWE , grinding will. At a certain point people will come to the conclusion , after grinding for days/weeks , they will just buy the rest they miss or leave.

Proven concept apparently that this way there is more earning.

STO is also pretty fast leveling , and when you are there , then all these nice ships are available to be bought :)
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't even need to do quests to level up... I just do the hourly god <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and gains a level.

This game is a ****ing joke.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like things fine as they are.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I forget which mmo but one that I played you could turn off your exp so you wouldn't level until you wanted to. I think that something like that would be simple and great because it wouldn't affect any that want to level fast.
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    I forget which mmo but one that I played you could turn off your exp so you wouldn't level until you wanted to. I think that something like that would be simple and great because it wouldn't affect any that want to level fast.

EverQuest II is the game that you are thinking of.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    EverQuest II is the game that you are thinking of.

yeah that was it. I loved that game. It seems like that would work wonders here for helping people not to out level content while not affecting those that want to level fast.
  • lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leveling seems based on doing quests and quests alone. I haven't done any PvP or skirmish and my character is keeping up perfectly with leveling as the quests are given to me. If they were to nerf exp it would force people to do things they don't want to do because they would be given quests they are under leveled to do.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOTRO has something that makes you stop getting XP as well.
  • rhyisinrhyisin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First thing i have to say is that i agree with the elimination of exp from invocation. I also think that the exp from crafting is semi useless but it can be useful at times so i have no opinion on that really. the biggest thing i can think of doing to nerf leveling is to actually nerf the exp gained from the foundry, but thats just my thoughts.
  • jinsonicjinsonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guess i'm on my own then - ok maybe not nerf leveling, how about they remove it from things like invoking and crafting? I do like grinding. This is my first mmorpg btw, I never played wow or any other of its ilk, so this is all new to me.

To answer the guy who asked the question, no I am only level 34, but I got there quick. I feel there's not enough content right now, or the cap would be raised - you can get to level 60 in less than 2 weeks I reckon, I hope there's more to the game once you hit 60 though.

Probably on my own on that too!
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    yeah that was it. I loved that game. It seems like that would work wonders here for helping people not to out level content while not affecting those that want to level fast.

The graphics looks too primitive for my tastes these days... I tried it again last year and couldn't stand the ugly graphics.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Or you can share your quests with them, they do them for half exp, and everyone profits.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leveling is fine only 3 classes levels fast is Rogue, Cleric and CW GW and GWF takes it slower
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Leveling is fine only 3 classes levels fast is Rogue, Cleric and CW GW and GWF takes it slower

GF levels plenty fast :P I think the first time I needed a second person for anything was the Stronghold Commander.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.