test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IDEA: Gear & power management

ascaloganascalogan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey there,

I would like to give an idea about adding gear & power management to the game.

We have enough power points to purchase a lot of powers for every problem we face in the game. Let's mention PvP battle, single boss or boss with a lot of adds encounter. For many classes each type of those fights require (well, not require, but it's better) different powers and/or gear.

It may not be a problem to switch it manually before each battle, but wouldn't it be easier to do it by some g&p manager?
Post edited by ascalogan on

Comments

• nazwawyswietlananazwawyswietlana Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, good idea. At least some sort of dual spec, but it still not enough. Of course available only outside of combat.
    It would be nice as i nned to change my active powers for pvp, questing, dungeoning as single target tank, dungeoning as multitarget offtank/dps. Its pain to do so manually every freaking time.
  • chaosprismchaosprism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not going to let me start a post here for some reason so i'll just tag it here:

1) Annoyances: Npc's verbally comment too often... they should only comment either when a new player approaches them or much less often. If you're standing at the fireplace you get harrassed by their constant parroting.

2) Annoyances: Companions emote their emote far too often, they should do some other less austentasion ones also, and do their "special one" once in a while.

3) if you're in a party in normal content it's too easy, you need the creatures to somehow buff their defence or something to make them a bit tougher when they're fighting more than one player when the content in that area is designed for only a player and his NPC companion.

4) Hirelings/Companions get left behind at entry ways, well a copy of them is they're clustered around entrances to dungeons waiting for their master to come out, but they're in there as well, it's a decoy clone.
    I also see dead ones on the ground in the open, where players have probably logged off at that spot after being defeated.

5) When you read lore, and press J to see it, you get an alphabetic list and have to find it yourself in the text document. Really it should scroll to the appropriate part in the text. Using the heading as a search parameter.

6) Rogue Skill: Sneak Speed Power is pointless at a level before you get sneak ability itself at level 10. Swap the positions of first strike and sneak speed. First strike is still useful for level 5-9 characters even without stealth

7) Hirelings Customization: be nice to be able to AT least set their facial features, hair colour etc so they dont look like 10,000 clones. Armours/Etc can stay as is, though it would be nice for one of the slots to be item customizable.
    Like the shield for the guardian companion, or the holy symbol for the cleric companion.

8) Great sword warrior is too weak , in general for the level of creatures he faces and the items he finds normally.
    Slow his attacks down a bit and buff his damage. Especially the AT will right mouse ability charge, that should do HUGE damage at charge, it simply doesnt. Rogues, mages, clerics and guardians are fine.. Greatsworder needs a boost, thats a HUGE sword he's wielding it should be effective even without a bunch of items focusing on boosting one stat.,