test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long does it take for the quest to get visible in-game?

mrglad8mrglad8 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I published my quest yesterday, a few minutes later it says "Published" and the date..

But I still cant see my quest in-game! Why? I did a search for the NW-number, author, quest-name .. but nothing!

Does it take some days for it to get playable in-game?
Post edited by mrglad8 on

Comments

• vazkrovazkro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At launch it was almost instant, but currently mine doesn't seem to show up yet even though I published it two days ago. It's a bit worrisome that the speed seems to be going down instead of up.
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrglad8 wrote: »
    I published my quest yesterday, a few minutes later it says "Published" and the date..

But I still cant see my quest in-game! Why? I did a search for the NW-number, author, quest-name .. but nothing!

Does it take some days for it to get playable in-game?

Same thing here with my quest... I worked on it all day and I published it a while ago. The video tutorial I watched took just a few moments. I've been thinking I was daft or something....
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many foundry quests are now being published that it is causing intense lag. Once published, if you make changes - they seem to go into effect faster than a new foundry quest. For example, I created one called "Black Heart's Barbecue Dilemma" and it was on the foundry board within a minute of it being published. Last night, I noticed I had a typo on one of the late game chat dialogues. I changed it and updated it. I also updated the version number - so that way I can track when the update gets placed. By the time, I entered the game on my regular character - the update was already showing.

I am sure, because of my quick fix update - it also caused other Foundry quests not to be updated as fast. I hope this helps?
  • mrglad8mrglad8 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well then this whole foundry-feature is pretty useless atm? What's the point working on quests if there's a low to no chance that anyone will ever play it? Been working on my foundry-quest for a week or so.. well, I know its beta.. but it sucks anyway :)

Lets hope they improve the foundry-UI.. and come on, quests with no info should not be allowed to be published.. should be like minimum-limit of how short the info could be! And quest-names like "lol" or other just silly names shouldn't be allowed to be published?

Btw, I didn't receive any e-mail when the map got published, is that normal?
  • ineffablebobineffablebob Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My quests don't show up in the search, either by the quest name or my name as author. I can find it by searching for the code, but who is going to bother doing that? Is there a way to get the search to work right?
  • adakkaradakkar Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Make sure you are searching under the BEST tab. Seems to be the only one I can ever get results on for a search.
    Everlight - A Prologue

Shortcode: NW-DM417VRJK

Combat orientated Mission, with a little bit of story to move you along.
  • adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My current project averages about 10 minutes to get published. It's available immediately in game once I've been notified that the publishing process has finished.

I should note I'm never able to find my project when searching by name or author, only by ID.
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I published several updates that didn't ever show up, even after a week.

So, I used the Withdraw button, and re-published, and my new version showed up in 15 minutes or so.

I've had no trouble searching by Author name. Once you find yours, just Subscribe to yourself, then you won't have to ever search for your quests again.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow.. I'm not the only one that can't find their "published" quest. Somebody PLEASE fix this ..
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you checking all the tabs, and searching via the shortcode?