test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP must change

malganysxmalganysx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
title say anything... the classes need a great balancing or cant do nothing... GWF do too low DMG, Control Mages do 5k when i have 15k of HP... ridiculos 3 hit and i'm dead.. wtf really???, rogue at higher level seems balanced with other and is a single target burst so ok.. great damage but the problem here is the CONTROL mages this class cant be a STRIKER becouse is a CONTROLL class.. i dont want to see my HP just go away from an encounter power. yesterday in pvp: domination me and all of my grp have seen 5k or more dmg from this mage.. and when he come to attalk us shot like 2 character in seconds lol... this is ridiculous pls nerf the Cmages and improve other classes that seem almost abandoned as they are weak thx
Post edited by malganysx on

Comments

• Options
    vaako21vaako21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malganysx wrote: »
    title say anything... the classes need a great balancing or cant do nothing... GWF do too low DMG, Control Mages do 5k when i have 15k of HP... ridiculos 3 hit and i'm dead.. wtf really???, rogue at higher level seems balanced with other and is a single target burst so ok.. great damage but the problem here is the CONTROL mages this class cant be a STRIKER becouse is a CONTROLL class.. i dont want to see my HP just go away from an encounter power. yesterday in pvp: domination me and all of my grp have seen 5k or more dmg from this mage.. and when he come to attalk us shot like 2 character in seconds lol... this is ridiculous pls nerf the Cmages and improve other classes that seem almost abandoned as they are weak thx

I agree that some daily powers from CW are to op and could use some balancing but if you take damage from him you would need to give CW some better CC spells with more duration, like ae sleep which breaks after damage and holds atleast 15seconds to make up for damage lost or that class would be broken too
  • Options
    realonechoicerealonechoice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you say it's true mate and I managed to win some PvP matches just because I had a good team.
    PvP has some little issues that need to be fixed so the balance would be ok.
    You can check this out to see what is happening at a level 30 - 40 in a PvP match HERE.
  • Options
    d4rkh4nd4rkh4n Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    vaako21 wrote: »
    I agree that some daily powers from CW are to op and could use some balancing but if you take damage from him you would need to give CW some better CC spells with more duration, like ae sleep which breaks after damage and holds atleast 15seconds to make up for damage lost or that class would be broken too

Better cc spells? Hahaha gtfo kid
  • Options
    liviugabrielliviugabriel Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    15 seconds sleep... can you imagine that in domination? i mean really... put one guy to sleep and take the tower... or fight 2 guys at once, put one to sleep while you kill the other... not to mention if you're in a 1vs1 fight with a CW and you almost kill him, he puts you to sleep and runs or gets a hp pot and heals himself... wait what? BAD IDEA!!
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give pls an immune to control effects if you recently have been controlled. Like 7-10 seconds would be enough. Now those CW is breakingly OP, only rogues with their high burst damage can outstand them but still there goes dodge from CW and endless CC.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    vaako21vaako21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    15 seconds sleep... can you imagine that in domination? i mean really... put one guy to sleep and take the tower... or fight 2 guys at once, put one to sleep while you kill the other... not to mention if you're in a 1vs1 fight with a CW and you almost kill him, he puts you to sleep and runs or gets a hp pot and heals himself... wait what? BAD IDEA!!

actually i dont find it wrong to be able to kill two people,you are able to do itnow you just need your daily rdy and kill 1 fast and repel the other.... ae sleep or root would fit the description of the class atleast. you could give it 1-2seconds cast time so its avoidable via evade...

Immo its more or less only pewpew :D
  • Options
    monsterratmonsterrat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PVP needs some MASSIVE changes for balancing, especially after lvl 60 where gear score is important. You go into a match with other players and you are all the same lvl, only to find that everyone on the other team is geared with weapons that do almost 2 times the dmg of gear that you got from the rest of the game and armor that has bonuses that make them all but invunerable. When I crit for 5k of dmg on a light armored class like Control Wizard, it shouldn't only take off a 30th of their life bar because of the armor and armor enhancements they have. On top of all that Control Wizards also have the ability to hit from farther away than most other classes and between them and guardian fighters stacking knockback and stun on you, you can be dead in less than 2 seconds no matter how good your gear is.

After 60, matchmaking should be tier'd by gear score and for pvp matches, Control Wizard, Guardian Fighter and Trickster Rogue should all be rebalanced. I play a Trickster Rogue as my main, and I agree that it's a killer class that everyone complains about in lower lvls, but after 60 you're basically a very squishy beach ball, being kicked around the map.

Another issue that I noticed last night was that there is no invisible wall on the upper level to stop players on the Keep Domination map from climbing up and trying to troll the opposing team while they are still their spawn point before the match, we had a team entirely populated by one guild work their way up an over that wall and attack us before the match started. Map design 101: if you are going to make your spawn points right next to each other, put in an invisible wall to stop that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    shinnyshinshinnyshin Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I'd agree that some classes need their damage mechanics re-examined, I'm surprised people are focusing on that so much as PvP's dominant problem. From what I've seen, the team with the most kills/points often loses (usually, even)...which shows that there're some huge issues with the underlying strategy of PvP that have nothing to do with damage.
  • Options
    aitolosaitolos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im a gwf with full epic gear the most lol pvp experience for me until now is 1 shot dead by rogue 26.5k dmg and i was on unstoppable (resist incoming dmg 50% to 25%) XD
    i rest my case :)
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wrong thread