test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can you set NPCs to fight back against encounters?

captainnesmithcaptainnesmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
If I have an NPC patrol in a strait line into encounters he just stands there while the encounters beat on him.If you know how to fix this please leave answer thanks.

Comments

• Options
    forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There are two types of NPC in Foundry. One is "Contact" and the other one is "Encounter".

Contact NPCs cannot fight. They can only speak with you/stand still/have limited animations.
    Encounter NPCs can fight, can follow you, can fight with you or for you.

You probably put Contact NPC - they will tremble in fear whenever enemy is nearby. You have to put friendly Encounter NPC wich is "Guard". Guards are special type of encounters that are friendly for players. Just put them, rename, customize their clothes and voila.
  • Options
    eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe you have to use a friendly encounter if you want him to fight, so if the NPC needs dialog you will probably have to make him disappear after dialog and have the friendly encounter appear. If you go under encounters, under guards there are friendly encounters. These will fight hostiles within range and you can change the costume to look like anything pretty much (but the weapons and abilities will not change). Not sure if there is an option for just one guard.

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!