test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cat vs Ioun Stone

novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Anyone know which is better?

I see you get extra stats on the cat, but do you also get all the runes and equipment bonuses as well?
Post edited by novron on

Comments

• Options
    anicocia88anicocia88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imo Ioun Stone just beucase its' 100% stat benefits, and that ends up being an epic piece of gear.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anicocia88 wrote: »
    Imo Ioun Stone just beucase its' 100% stat benefits, and that ends up being an epic piece of gear.
    Cat also gives 100% stat benefits.. (they're both Augment pets)
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the cat, and I get all the benefits from it. The stone gives slightly less crit, 180 or 185 while the cat gives 225, but the stone gives 180, or 185, in 3 stats (power, recovery crit) while the cat gives 2 stats at 225. It's about preference really. Crit is high on my list of priorities, plus it's adorable.

Also, neither one of them can die, I know the cat can't. Some people say theirs died, but mine never did, even during aoes that almost killed me, the cat was still alive.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have the cat, and I get all the benefits from it. The stone gives slightly less crit, 180 or 185 while the cat gives 225, but the stone gives 180, or 185, in 3 stats (power, recovery crit) while the cat gives 2 stats at 225. It's about preference really. Crit is high on my list of priorities, plus it's adorable.

Also, neither one of them can die, I know the cat can't. Some people say theirs died, but mine never did, even during aoes that almost killed me, the cat was still alive.

Thank you, just what I was looking for.

Have a dark elf with red eyes going on behind the visor motif going here and adorable isn't going to work with that but that's close enough to run ioun for me instead.

I'd also rather blow the extra zen I have than a million AD's on the cat.

If the stats were just overwhelmingly in favor of the cat, I was going to suck it up. But glad I don't have to.
  • Options
    remmy1313remmy1313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its really annoying that the stone has a human shadow that shows up. Other then that im loving mine.
  • Options
    ardikus27ardikus27 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Which Ioun stone gives 185 power, crit & recovery? The one for 1,000 tarmalune bars or the one for 2,000 zen?
  • Options
    kroandarkroandar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ardikus27 wrote: »
    Which Ioun stone gives 185 power, crit & recovery? The one for 1,000 tarmalune bars or the one for 2,000 zen?

I would like to know this as well.
    18.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ardikus27 wrote: »

The Zen store. The tarmalune bar stone is just a green quality. Zen store stone is blue quality and can be ranked higher for higher stats.