test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Block Meter

rhendurarhendura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I must have build my stats up wrong or something, my block meter barely lasts at all from what I have seen with end game dungeons. I currently have the pvp set with the +20% block meter bonus as well as +11% from strength bonus. I went through epic cragmire crypts just a bit ago and found that the bosses completely drain my block meter with one hit. Is this just something I need to get used to or is there something I am doing wrong?
Post edited by rhendura on

Comments

• spanos6988spanos6988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You still have to run out of alot of stuff. Which is funny because were slow but yeah block kinda sucks cant rely on it to much.
  • rhendurarhendura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I understand that :/ Its just my entire block meter gets drained from one hit. I feel like its pointless to block at all if that is the case.
  • grayhograyho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use Iron Warrior and watch the magic happen
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Block is basically our get out of the oh **** situation, mechanism rather than actual blocking.
    Use the gap closers to move to adds when you can as a way of evading nasty stuff.
    If no adds, or not an option, often moving through the boss/monster to its back takes only 2 steps before you'r out of its frontal attack.
    Don't waste blocks on weak attacks, block the oh **** huge dmg or oh **** hard cc ones, then be careful until the block bar is refilled.
    Be pro-active about refilling the block bar, attack stuff a lot when possible, don't block until needed, stop blocking when the big atk is over.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • zegasuzegasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is also why the more damage oriented conquerer builds are very valid for tanking. You can't use your block much in any case, and speccing conquerer and damage allows you to do more damage and keep aggro easier, saving your blocks for the real "oh ****" moments, moving out of the rest.
    Check the master build list sticky for the hybrid tank build for an example.
  • mik1978mik1978 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im goning protector path and i block ALOT and still have some in my block meter and i can easyly get block with 1-2"tide of Iron"
    the only problem i have found is the feat "Shield Defence" it says it gain 1-2-3-4-5 to AC but in all it only give 1 :( maybe a but i dont know
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    block meter should go. make mobs flank or go behind to hit a tank.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Read the sticky post that isn't stickied. Most of what you guys think is working is not actually working.
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact some post says **** aint working, doesn't mean **** ain't working.

I see people complain about not being able to get aggro.
    I myself have issues getting rid of aggro when I overdo it.
    (The only thing I can't get aggro off is a tank companion, but you just leave it on the companion till it dies in such cases.)

I see people complain about every aspect in game telling it's broken one way or another, while others say it works fine.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    The fact some post says **** aint working, doesn't mean **** ain't working.

I see people complain about not being able to get aggro.
    I myself have issues getting rid of aggro when I overdo it.
    (The only thing I can't get aggro off is a tank companion, but you just leave it on the companion till it dies in such cases.)

I see people complain about every aspect in game telling it's broken one way or another, while others say it works fine.

You have no idea what you are talking about. It's been tested and the devs have the info, they know stuff is broke.

You are living in a fantasy world and your belligerent attitude without being attacked is comical :)
  • nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I am able to maintain aggro for the most part with no problem. I get most adds and keep them on me. One on one in a boss fight that boss is mine and if someone is able to pull him off of me it is only momentarily and I grab it right back. I read the powers and feats and find what works best for me. I do not go by a particular build and have felt good about what I am going thus far.
    Ceonnyn,
    While things might be broke as you say... that does not mean people CAN still keep aggro. I wish you luck and by the way this is me NOT being belligerent. So please do not use that tripe with me
    Thanks! :)